Fire Mage Guide to Scoring >75% percentile.

Mage
02/27/2017 03:17 AMPosted by Mescalinë
after reading every comment I'll say this

after reading one of the comments that said he has both bis legendaries I quit reading

cheers

I swear it is so disheartening to come to this forum and see what it has devolved into. So F!@#ing sad.
I noticed that I can macro Mirror Images and Combustion together. Is there any reason why you separate the two spells in your opening rotation? I can't think of how it would be a dps loss if you just macro'd the two together and hit combustion/mirror images together. They share the same CD of 2 minutes.
02/26/2017 08:37 PMPosted by Iceward
OP why do you use Infernal Writ? Is it a good trinket or is it just because you don't having anything better?

Hey sorry it took so long to respond. I use Infernal Writ because I don't have anything better for ST. Still looking for metronome. I use burning sky and just recently obtained the Grimore which I use for AoE fights. It still sims very well for me =). No more specific reason than that

03/06/2017 04:43 PMPosted by Nilrem
I noticed that I can macro Mirror Images and Combustion together. Is there any reason why you separate the two spells in your opening rotation? I can't think of how it would be a dps loss if you just macro'd the two together and hit combustion/mirror images together. They share the same CD of 2 minutes.

I don't think that is an issue at all. The only reason I wouldn't do that is because I don't cast combust until I have a HS with a fireball being cast so that when I combust I already have 2 PI stacks from HU -> HS + 2 more PI's from my now guaranteed fireball + instant pyro which lets me meteor immediately after, get another spell off by the time meteor lands, and get an easy 5 stacked PI meteor. Like I said everyone tweaks their openers a bit differently as long as you're using all your instants or at least most of them in 1 combust you'll do fine. But I always MI immediately after my pre-cast pyro. I usually have like 5s desync between MI and combust but as far as I know MI "checks" your stats every time it does damage (somebody can correct me if I am wrong) and they last 45s so it doesn't matter much if they are up for 5s before I combust with them.
02/26/2017 09:16 PMPosted by Colinthetank
It's a lot of text for you to just say "I have the 3 best in slot legendaries for fire mages and can swap them around to get a good parse". Because that's literally all you're doing right now. And I have better parses than you without the belt/bracers.

Your logs are very good. Would love to hear if you do anything different or have any personal touches to the rotation that I might be able to integrate. =)
03/06/2017 07:27 PMPosted by Imamage
02/26/2017 09:16 PMPosted by Colinthetank
It's a lot of text for you to just say "I have the 3 best in slot legendaries for fire mages and can swap them around to get a good parse". Because that's literally all you're doing right now. And I have better parses than you without the belt/bracers.

Your logs are very good. Would love to hear if you do anything different or have any personal touches to the rotation that I might be able to integrate. =)

Might have something to do with his higher iLevel. He's still a very, very good player but it's a bit disingenuous to say he has better logs than you when he has 906 iLevel and you have 899 and you're only 20k apart on DPS (looking at Chronomatic Anomoly Mythic).

EDIT: To be fair I think Colinthetank has a point though. We can see from his logs that he is a VERY good mage player but even he has trouble getting high iLevel bracket parses without the right legendaries for the fight. For example let's look at Star Augur heroic which is your standard single target fight where he can't use his Shard legendary ability and his damage takes a massive hit from this restriction and there's nothing he can do about that. Look at Trilliax Heroic which is another single target fight and you'll see him struggling to do high iLevel bracket damage there too because just because he doesn't happen to have the right legendaries.

I think the point he's trying to get across is that just because you're a good player doesn't mean it's even possible for you to place in the top 75% of fire mages (in your iLevel bracket) due to !@#$ty legendaries so it's a little infuriating to be told "You can do it!" when that is clearly not the case.