The difference between MOP and Legion Grind

General Discussion
Day 1

MOP: "Hmm, I don't want to collect bear asses today. I guess I can play with my dragon."

Legion: "I don't want to collect any bear asses today. Are there any Kirin Tor quests to-nope. Bear asses it is then."

Day 5

MOP: "I've had enough dragon racing for a while. Maybe I'll do some fishing for the next few days."

Legion: "Bear !@# collection continues."

Day 15

MOP: "I don't wanna fish anymore. I'll go work on my farm and cooking then."

Legion: "Bear $%^ collection has not abated. Bear population has begun to thin. I may have actually taken a bear -*! from a shapeshifted Druid."

Day 30

MOP: "I don't wanna do any more chores for a while. But I can probably just buy other people's materials and enchantments off the market, so it won't be too bad."

Legion: "Command has demanded that bear @#$ collection continue, despite increasingly poor morale and the near extinction of bears. Threatened with non-participation in group events if collection does not resume."

Day 60

MOP: "Oh, new work orders have come in! And there are quite a few non-bear %^- related ones in here. Time to get back to work."

Legion: "I have now become Hated with the Cenarion Circle. Have been struck with a moral quandary; would raising bears specifically to kill them as soon as they're born qualify as "spawn camping"? Or just rather gruesome ranching?"

Day 90

Legion: Realization. I am the bear. I always was the bear. It was my *!@ they desired. (journal becomes too bloodstained to read)
What I learned from this:
They'll block the singular version of bear !@#, but not the plural version.
How did you ever get a bear !@# with tab targeting the way it is? I cannot even target the right thread yet alone the right NPC.
May 19th, 1998

Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy itchy Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty.

Itchy

Tasty
I'm always grabbing bear asses. I've yet to get tired of it.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
02/22/2017 07:59 PMPosted by Vampiriç
May 19th, 1998

Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy itchy Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty.

Itchy

Tasty

Immediately thought of this at the end too.
02/22/2017 08:01 PMPosted by Shado

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Same.
This is great.
02/22/2017 09:25 PMPosted by Lùro

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Same.

we do have a lot to grab

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's a nice job to have. Who could tire of it?
Least it's not bear poop.
02/22/2017 07:35 PMPosted by Lannatte
would raising bears specifically to kill them as soon as they're born qualify as "spawn camping"?

02/22/2017 07:37 PMPosted by Kamex
What I learned from this:
They'll block the singular version of bear !@#, but not the plural version.

02/22/2017 09:30 PMPosted by Foxycub
we do have a lot to grab

I can't choose a favourite post.
Nobody is forcing you to do world quests=/
My experience with Legion has been a lot more complicated and varied than bear !@# collection. I would be tickled to death if there was actually a WQ that required me to collect bear asses.
02/22/2017 09:42 PMPosted by Hazzir

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't legendaries required to do best damage, and even okay damage for some specs (like Fire Mage)? And aren't Legendaries most commonly obtained from Emmisary Caches?

If so, the game is kind of forcing you to if you want to be able to do pvp or high level pve. Plus, the whole "That's what you're supposed to do now" thing.
But those bear asses will help us fight the Burning Legion. D:
Pretty much.

MoP's content was very diverse. Rares, dailies, treasures, raising your very own Cloud Serpent, fishing, farming, world bosses, dungeons, CMs, LFR, raiding, scenarios, the brand-new pet battle system (that hasn't spent the last two expansions going nowhere like it has now).

Legion's isn't. Blizzard's largely just reused a lot of Legion's leveling content, which is not a bad thing, but it's really obvious that it doesn't measure up.

I like this expansion a fair amount. But I'm definitely not in love with it like I was with Mists.
I miss the old wotlk cooking and fishing dailies. I did one rep grind at a time back then. Needed for should and helm enchants.
02/22/2017 09:42 PMPosted by Hazzir

Unless, of course, you want to do anything in after hitting 110.

02/22/2017 09:42 PMPosted by Gormosh
My experience with Legion has been a lot more complicated and varied than bear !@# collection. I would be tickled to death if there was actually a WQ that required me to collect bear asses.

Both Stormheim and Azuna can have bear-!@# collection quests that reward slabs of bacon typically.
Welcome to "forced content" game design. Whether we like it or not.