Time Walking Raids

General Discussion
NAXX, ICC, ULD, SOO and some raids is such a memory in a lot of player's brain. Why we not bring them back? I know they are all such long, so maybe just cut in 4 area and bring 1 back every 3 weeks or a month just like the time walking DG. It is not really hard to make our iLVL to lower and it will be a fun thing I believe. We shouldn't just farm the mount like invincible and kill the Lich King like a ant right? I mean its also a fun thing to farm the mount but it will give player some extra things to do, instead just keep farming Mythic+ and get AP, legendaries. Blizzard, please bring some fun to us, just like a Time Walking Raid. We are not looking for a great loot, just want the memory of "World of Warcraft"
Ok, now, I'm going to finish all the WQ then farm some AP and legendaries, get a 15+ then go ICC to loot a Invincible.
02/23/2017 09:49 PMPosted by Yingfeng
NAXX, ICC, ULD, SOO and some raids is such a memory in a lot of player's brain. Why we not bring them back? I know they are all such long, so maybe just cut in 4 area and bring 1 back every 3 weeks or a month just like the time walking DG. It is not really hard to make our iLVL to lower and it will be a fun thing I believe. We shouldn't just farm the mount like invincible and kill the Lich King like a ant right? I mean its also a fun thing to farm the mount but it will give player some extra things to do, instead just keep farming Mythic+ and get AP, legendaries. Blizzard, please bring some fun to us, just like a Time Walking Raid. We are not looking for a great loot, just want the memory of "World of Warcraft"
Ok, now, I'm going to finish all the WQ then farm some AP and legendaries, get a 15+ then go ICC to loot a Invincible.

no
If you're quiet, you can hear the thousand tormented wails of seven stacks of Determination on Yogg-Saron.
Would just turn into another LFR. Dumbed down mechanics. Trolls, etc.
I'm with the OP. Seems like a good time to me.
Not going to lie that was a tough read. But I believe time walking raids are probably on blizzards radar.
Problem is those fights need to be watered down to allow random groups of 25 players with no coordination to overcome them and by doing so, you're going to lose the essence of what made those fights and those raids as a whole great to begin with. It will be at a point where it's just a drawn out experience to the one shotting one you get by doing it yourself with minimal rewards in comparison.

One of the previous Q&A's said they're going to happen eventually. Badges will probably the only thing I'll do it for.
02/23/2017 09:49 PMPosted by Yingfeng

Erm at this point you could just kill Yogg-Saron in one hit. Ya know. Just give him a love tap.

02/23/2017 10:00 PMPosted by Sisü
If you're quiet, you can hear the thousand tormented wails of seven stacks of Determination on Yogg-Saron.

I hear that all the time.
What, like adding "Timewalking Raid" alongside "Timewalking Dungeon" during the event? It'd be cool, but like others have said they'd probably dumb everything down..

It'd be awesome if they didn't, though, and you could queue in with a full raid ready, so you don't need to rely on the skill of random people.
*MC LFR flashbacks*

http://i.imgur.com/wnIaRyJ.gif
Lets keep whats old, old. Lets focus on small target content for Time Walking. Dungeons are the sweet spot for that and I DO hope to see more of them (aka Classic ones).

Raids would just be way too painful (long) and boring to live again (we already did their stories, no need to redo again....)
02/23/2017 10:01 PMPosted by Lolmaru

unfortunately true

although I would be interested in the potential for scaling old raids (perhaps similar to how m+ scales) that change on a ~1-2 month basis

ex. this month ulduar, highest obtainable gear would be equivalent to +15. would be difficult to keep going up difficulties, however. not like m+ where you can run a few and get fairly high. raids take much longer, and getting multiple clears to get a high difficulty raid would be very time consuming. also an issue of gear, certain pieces would likely be op so gear drops would have to be figured out

maybe have the whole raid be for a month, but have it broken into weekly sections? not really sure, but I think that potential exists somewhere to give a little life, relevance, and competition to old raids

honestly it all just comes down to execution
02/23/2017 10:01 PMPosted by Lolmaru
NO LFR PLZ!!! LFR will make it a mess
Time Walking Raids

A great idea but,. BUT only if its as hard as it was back in days... without nerfs or yolo.. just your level scales down to 80. and your gear ilvl scales down....

then SURE.. otherwise a LFR version of ulduar? naah sounds boring.
Raids have historically been an endgame focus, and current timewalking dungeons provide 'entry level' quality gear for whatever is the current content at the time. So with those two things in mind, timewalking raid content seems like it would be counter to progression treadmill.

Further, old raids provide loot that worked under entirely different mechanics and balances for their time. Many of the items in older raids would either be junk, or overpowered, if applied to today's content. It would take a ton of work for the development team to make such items actually fit in with the current game design.

It's not a bad idea on paper, but I doubt it'll happen for those reasons.
Most of the objections could be fixed by having two difficulties - LFR and normal. They could put the old raids on a monthly rotation.
No thanks, the scaling for TW is really terrible.
No
I'm not sure I'd be thrilled with a dumbed down lfr version... but if there was an item you get, that could temporarily scale you down to a particular level,and, once in raid upon killing each boss at the appropriate level gave you a currency you could save to buy good gear, I'd be game... mc?icc?ulduar? Sunwell? The item could scale you down to whatever level and you could just do the current content, no lfr... save up badges and get gear, no rng... this is the version I would want, otherwise blizzard can use their resources elsewhere imo
As a special event (like the MC 10th Anniversary special) they're not awful, as long as there's a really nice reward at the end and I only have to do it once. I wouldn't want to see them come around on a regular basis though. LFR for current content is bad enough.