how is warrior pvp?

Warrior
1v1's
2's
3's
bg's?

how is arms and fury doing currently in pvp? can they hold their own or do they get crushed by other classes with no chance to win?

thanks.
I only really know Arms, so I'll go into that.

1v1s are a joke. Go up against any class with any self healing (DH) and/or moderate kite ability (Mage) and you're going to die to them when played by someone half-competent at the game.

2v2s are similar unless your team mate is a healer. You're a wrecking ball, although the removal of echo slam and CS resets on charge being in a different talent tier sucks, so we're not really as hard hitting prior to 7.1.5.

3v3s are solid since you'll have a healer to keep our squishy asses alive, along with a DPS to help in either CCing our target and helping us burst.

After getting past the prelims in ranked arena, I just pretty much quit PvP. I can't stand how PvP Warrior feels in anything besides 3v3s, and I don't wanna look for a team for that.
Unpredictable!!!!
I just got this warrior to 110. I have maxed 860+ paladin and DK as well..

Compared to them unfortunately, warrior feels lackluster. The dps is not all that good and the survivability is almost nonexistent.

They're the most mobile plate wear though, but that's about the only thing they have tbh but I'm still new to them so my opinion may change. I still find warrior more fun than dk/paladin even with its shortcomings
01/27/2017 09:50 PMPosted by Ðäntë

They're the most mobile plate wear though

Plate means absolutely nothing.
For arms...
1v1: Bad.. non existent self heals.. . shorter stuns than any other classes.. can't catch elusive classes

2v2: Same as above.. other just do it better

3v3: Get carried
Warriors are really bad in PVP it's kind of a joke
Arms is all I know this expac and it is absolutely garbage in PvP.

It's like the PvP devs got together and said "Hey, you know how some classes get great burst, others get good mobility, and some may even get self sustain and a plethora of stuns and snares?

Let's go ahead and give arms NONE of those things!"

and then they nerfed the hamstring global and they called it a day.

The End.
As of 7.1.5 fury pvp is a lot more fun. Fury has self heals excellent mobility via 3 leaps good burst and decent sustain.

I main arms and can tell you the only time I feel I do damage is with battlecry avatar. Sustain dps is underwhelming.
We have terrible self heals, long defensive cd and have to choose mobility or cc (stun).
1v1 you will lose to most dps classes and some healers.
2v2 you will lose to most other melee healer unless they screw up.
3v3 some decent comps but you will not out dps Rets Dh or dk.

I played arms most of legion before all the arms nerfs. Fury is overall more fun to play pvp.

Granted I don't pvp for ratings anymore, just the casual bgs and arena.
thank you for the info everyone
How is this even allowed in terms of game design. I really hope whoever is the warrior dev is fired. I hate watching smexxin's stream and I can just feel how he hates playing warrior.

Literally arms in pvp needs an overall damage buff. Since we have crap defensive's and no healing we should be the hardest hitting dps class in pvp. Sustained AND burst!
Arms PvP is dead. RIP

Some people claim Fury is fun in BG's although none of these people are ever seen in an RBG or any arena bracket passed 1700 (max). CASUAL
Arms started off great in Legion, then quickly got nerfed to mediocre but was still able to shine with a Healer.. and now it's pretty garbage from what I can tell.

Fury seems pretty amazing in casual PvP, with self-heals, burst and mobility. But like the guy above me stated, you never see them in much Rated.

Prot is actually a lot of fun, but Tanks have gotten poo-ed on all Xpac outside of WPvP, and I wouldn't trust that to stop any time soon.

I saw the writing on the wall early in the Xpac and left my Warrior to go Monk. I have my Arms and Prot fairly well off in AP, but the only spec I'd suggest atm is Fury - so I am personally just gonna keep pounding things with my fists as a Windwalker instead.

But bottom line? If you're playing just to have fun and do Random BGs and 1v1, go Fury.
even Bajheera isn't having fun with the excess kiting going on.. but he's staying with warrior cause his whole channel depends on it.

You KNOW it's bad when he has to resort to A RACE CHANGE to get stun reduction..

THATS HOW BAD WARRIORS ARE
I was "elite" in vanilla with warriors, arms or fury. I'm awful with warriors in pvp right now. Dueling outside of org is really rough. :( If someone has it figured out.. I would love to hear what they are doing!
01/28/2017 10:27 AMPosted by Athanati
Arms PvP is dead. RIP

Some people claim Fury is fun in BG's although none of these people are ever seen in an RBG or any arena bracket passed 1700 (max). CASUAL

Fury is fun to mess around with and I feel great in random battlegrounds and super low ranking PvP, but I'll never sniff 2200+ like I did as arms right at release. However, it's more fun than arms at release. Warriors are just trash atm
01/28/2017 08:48 AMPosted by Rukar
I really hope whoever is the warrior dev is fired.

No one in the dev team plays a warrior anymore.
Type - Arms - Fury - Protection
-----------------------------------------
1v1 - lol - not bad - beyond OP (not a joke)
2v2 - need healer - not bad - OP if enemy has no support, uphill battle otherwise
3v3 - only time you feel viable - not bad - in a weird spot
BGs - need healer - not as healer-needy - strong
Warrior is no where near as bad as people make it seem so.

Arms
1v1 Unlesss you outplay them (which you can) you'll most likely lose
2v2 Who cares about 2v2?
3v3 Arms has a solid spot although they aren't the beasts they once were.
BGs With heals see Bajheera. Without, dead meat. (unless outplay)

As far as fury goes,

1v1 in PvP is much easier than arms if you have the Slaughterhouse PvP talent unlocked.
2v2 Same
3v3 Fury is seldom seen, not that it doesn't perform, it's just not the meta.
BGs Same

note: Whoever thinks warrior is trash, consider adjusting your playstyle with each patch to make the most out of the buffs/nerfs to each individual talents.
01/30/2017 06:24 AMPosted by Carnåge
Warrior is no where near as bad as people make it seem so.

Arms
1v1 Unlesss you outplay them (which you can) you'll most likely lose
2v2 Who cares about 2v2?
3v3 Arms has a solid spot although they aren't the beasts they once were.
BGs With heals see Bajheera. Without, dead meat. (unless outplay)

As far as fury goes,

1v1 in PvP is much easier than arms if you have the Slaughterhouse PvP talent unlocked.
2v2 Same
3v3 Fury is seldom seen, not that it doesn't perform, it's just not the meta.
BGs Same

note: Whoever thinks warrior is trash, consider adjusting your playstyle with each patch to make the most out of the buffs/nerfs to each individual talents.

I was going to say something but then I read your post and saw your lack of any actual rated PvP experience this season. So I'm pretty sure you watch like 10 minutes of streaming every week and base all your opinions on that.