Please Fix Titan's Thunder+Dire Frenzy ASAP!

Hunter
1 2 3 5 Next
As we all know when you choose dire frenzy,Titan's Thunder would turn into a new version and boost your next DF with 5 powerful thunder strike.This would be a very nice burst ST damage,but it's bugged.There's about 50% chance this 5 extra strike cannot hit the target,it sometimes can't even hit a dummy!

When this bug happens,it would be at least 1.5-2m Dmg loose.This combo has been bugged since Legion launched,but nobody cares about this bug since Dire Frenzy is not a good choice in the past few patches.Now things changed and BLZ buffed DF several times,I believe it's time to fix this bug.

I'm a player from CN server and I got really annoyed by this BUG for several month.I spent $20 just to post a topic here to get some response from the Devs. Fact is I'm surprise to see nobody here talks about this obvious bug and there's no Blue post respond to this bug.I'm gonna bump this topic everyday until we got a FIX.

Update 2/22
02/21/2017 07:22 PMPosted by Ranthae
The bug is not what people actually think it is. The way it is supposed to work is that, with Dire Frenzy, Titan's Thunder will add 2 buffs: the regular lighting ability, and a Dire Frenzy buff that lasts 30 seconds and is consumed the next time you cast Dire Frenzy.

The problem is not that your pet has to be in melee range, it's that YOU have to be within melee range of your pet for the 2nd buff to be applied. Any further and it is not applied. In Combat, I will have to run next to my pet, hit TT, then run out to get it on him.

Set your focus on your pet, then press Titan's Thunder before sending him to attack the dummy, and you should see both apply. Have him attack and use Dire Frenzy, then stand next to him and cast TT again. Then cast TT a 3rd time, but do so from 20 yards + away. You will see only 1 buff apply in that case.

Thanks to Ranthae's test,we can now understand how it's bugged.

Update 2/25
02/24/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Miian
I had to reupload a different one.

https://youtu.be/g6uCULZMft4 <------ It is uploading as of 11:26am,Friday Canadian Time (Ontario) When its done you guys will be able to view it.

I apologize if the video isn't greatest quality. I have never recorded a video of myself playing a game because I have never had a computer that could do it till now!
My previous video didnt have audio but this one does now.
Cheers.
Happy Hunting

https://youtu.be/g6uCULZMft4

Thanks to Miian‘s video,we can see the failure mechanism clearly.For hunters still confused about this bug you can watch this video and test on your own.

Please test and report it!I think the more this bug is reported the sooner it would be fixed.Also please tweet the Devs if you can.I'm glad to see it's growing popularity.
Unfortunately it's just really hard to get Blizzard to fix anything these days. They only just made our set bonus work for Dire Frenzy at all the other day and that had been reported multiple times since it was added in alpha.
You pet has to be ridiculously close to the target to even cast Dire Frenzy. Without knowing exactly it seems like half the difference to the target less than Kill Command.

This could be some of the problem.
Its not a bug, the pet has to be in Melee range, for this to work, also TT has to be activated before DF or you lose the extra damage, unless you get a DB proc, or have the shoulders.

Also if the boss is moving away from the Pet even with Blink Strikes DF needs to be in Melee range, this is due to DF not being a normal pet attack.

It has taken me time to adjust to using DF after I use TT, because without DF you use TT then DB for maximum burst, but once you master it you'll be looking at .5mil to 2mil burst on one attack depending on crits.

Best if used in this order. BW>AotW>TT>DF for maximum effect, also with the 2set, MS after for AOE Packs to great effect.
02/17/2017 10:32 AMPosted by Lithtyr
Its not a bug, the pet has to be in Melee range, for this to work, also TT has to be activated before DF or you lose the extra damage, unless you get a DB proc, or have the shoulders.

Also if the boss is moving away from the Pet even with Blink Strikes DF needs to be in Melee range, this is due to DF not being a normal pet attack.

It has taken me time to adjust to using DF after I use TT, because without DF you use TT then DB for maximum burst, but once you master it you'll be looking at .5mil to 2mil burst on one attack depending on crits.

Best if used in this order. BW>AotW>TT>DF for maximum effect, also with the 2set, MS after for AOE Packs to great effect.

Have you ever try it on dummy? IT IS A BUG I TOLD YOU! I've tried it hundreds of times,TT>DF of course,pet in melee range of course,but 6 out of 10 times the exrtra TT strikes are just won't hit!

In fact,I found recently that in order to 100% avoid this bug,your pet has to be "out of the melee range"..I've tried it on dummy,if I activate TT with my pet passive and then use KC>DF,the extra TT damage will always hit,but if I activate TT with my pet already attacking the dummy,then the DF will have a high chance bugged and extra TT damage will just vanish.It's just ridiculous.

If you don't agree with me then you should try it more on dummy. This is a obvious bug,and has never been fixed properly.I can't believe nobody here seems to really care about it.
Still no response..
And
Still most of us hunters think it's not bugged since you've not really test it thoroughly.

Sigh
It is bugged, its been for a long time now, but since most ppl still use stomp..well...don't get your hopes up for a fix.
It's 100% bugged.

I use weakauras to track if my pet is in melee range so that I know when to use Dire Frenzy. So I know for a fact I'm not using it while the pet is out of range.

It's the difference between doing 600k on pull or 2 mill on pull. It needs fixed.
How could you see it clearly?

Dire Frenzy are auto attacks made by our pet. Not all auto-attack damage is being displayed on the screen.

But this is my observation on the dummy:

When I let auto-attack my pet on the dummy, I would see numbers popping out from the dummy. When I press the Dire Frenzy button, I saw some burst numbers popping out of dummy either 54k, 105k or 214k... I just see those 3 numbers popping out everytime I press Dire Frenzy button. Sometimes 2x 54k and 1x 105k. Sometimes 2x 105k and 1x 214k. But it is on any of these 3 numbers.

Now when I do Titan's Thunder followed by Dire Frenzy, I still see those 3 numbers: 54k, 105k and 214k but there is a 4th number popping out... it's 70k. Sometimes I see 2x 70k, sometimes 3x 70k and sometimes 1x 70k. This 70k number pops out only when with Titan's Thunder-Dire Frenzy.

I know it is suppose to be 5x 70k on the dummy during Titan's Thunder-Dire Frenzy. But of course, we cant see all auto attacks damage. So I presume that it is in there.

BTW, gimme an addon to let me see all my auto-attack damage from pet.
its called a log file?
02/20/2017 08:58 AMPosted by Jhannae

Dire Frenzy are auto attacks made by our pet. Not all auto-attack damage is being displayed on the screen.

When I let auto-attack my pet on the dummy, I would see numbers popping out from the dummy. When I press the Dire Frenzy button, I saw some burst numbers popping out of dummy either 54k, 105k or 214k... I just see those 3 numbers popping out everytime I press Dire Frenzy button. Sometimes 2x 54k and 1x 105k. Sometimes 2x 105k and 1x 214k. But it is on any of these 3 numbers.

Now when I do Titan's Thunder followed by Dire Frenzy, I still see those 3 numbers: 54k, 105k and 214k but there is a 4th number popping out... it's 70k. Sometimes I see 2x 70k, sometimes 3x 70k and sometimes 1x 70k. This 70k number pops out only when with Titan's Thunder-Dire Frenzy.

I know it is suppose to be 5x 70k on the dummy during Titan's Thunder-Dire Frenzy. But of course, we cant see all auto attacks damage. So I presume that it is in there.

Learn to use skada or recount OK?
02/17/2017 07:56 PMPosted by Pnew

Have you ever try it on dummy? IT IS A BUG I TOLD YOU! I've tried it hundreds of times,TT>DF of course,pet in melee range of course,but 6 out of 10 times the exrtra TT strikes are just won't hit!

In fact,I found recently that in order to 100% avoid this bug,your pet has to be "out of the melee range"..I've tried it on dummy,if I activate TT with my pet passive and then use KC>DF,the extra TT damage will always hit,but if I activate TT with my pet already attacking the dummy,then the DF will have a high chance bugged and extra TT damage will just vanish.It's just ridiculous.

If you don't agree with me then you should try it more on dummy. This is a obvious bug,and has never been fixed properly.I can't believe nobody here seems to really care about it.

Pnew you are right. I just tested this and pet has to be out of melee range when TT is hit then quickly in range for DF and then you can get all 13 TT hits.
I care about this. Thanks for doing the testing and posting.
02/20/2017 08:58 AMPosted by Jhannae

You aren't seriously trying to say everything is working as intended by numbers popping up on the screen are you?

It's called livelogging.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/help/start/
On a side note... everyone should be submitting in game bug reports about this

Let me see if I get this straight...

If you activate TT and then command your pet to DF the dummy, you get the added damage from TT as expressed in the tool tip, but if you DF and then use TT you do not get the added damage from TT on the target dummy?

Is this correct?

Because if this is correct, you need to go back and read the Titans Thunder Tool tip again. Because as per the tool tip this is working exactly as intended!.

As reference: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=207068/titans-thunder

"Titan's Thunder
Rank 1/1 Artifact
100 yd range
Instant 1 min cooldown
Requires Hunter (Beast Mastery)
Requires Titanstrike
Discharge a massive jolt of electricity from Titanstrike into all your pets and Dire Beasts, causing them to deal up to (Ranged attack power * 1.15 * 0.5 * 1) Nature damage to their target every 1 sec. for 8 sec.

Dire Frenzy
Also causes your next Dire Frenzy to deal (200% of Attack power) additional Nature damage on each of the 5 Dire Frenzy attacks"

Causes your next Dire Frenzy. Meaning using DF after you have activated TT will cause the added damage. and you still get the normal damage from TT as a plus. It also means that using DF Before you use TT will only get you the normal TT damage and not the added 200% damage attack.

Again this is working as intended.

In addition I have not experienced this bug at all, in any raid/5-man/mythic +, or world content. When I use TT and then follow it by DF I go from Five 90K hits to five 140K hits if I BW it goes from five 90k hits to five 120k hits, and if I do BW+TT+DF I get five 190k hits. (This are just non-crits, I have seen much higher hits when they crit around 400K)

So either there is a bug and I have yet to experience it, or there is no bug this is working as intended.
02/21/2017 10:33 AMPosted by Lithtyr

Let me see if I get this straight...

If you activate TT and then command your pet to DF the dummy, you get the added damage from TT as expressed in the tool tip, but if you DF and then use TT you do not get the added damage from TT on the target dummy?

Is this correct?

Because if this is correct, you need to go back and read the Titans Thunder Tool tip again. Because as per the tool tip this is working exactly as intended!.

As reference: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=207068/titans-thunder

"Titan's Thunder
Rank 1/1 Artifact
100 yd range
Instant 1 min cooldown
Requires Hunter (Beast Mastery)
Requires Titanstrike
Discharge a massive jolt of electricity from Titanstrike into all your pets and Dire Beasts, causing them to deal up to (Ranged attack power * 1.15 * 0.5 * 1) Nature damage to their target every 1 sec. for 8 sec.

Dire Frenzy
Also causes your next Dire Frenzy to deal (200% of Attack power) additional Nature damage on each of the 5 Dire Frenzy attacks"

Causes your next Dire Frenzy. Meaning using DF after you have activated TT will cause the added damage. and you still get the normal damage from TT as a plus. It also means that using DF Before you use TT will only get you the normal TT damage and not the added 200% damage attack.

Again this is working as intended.

No it is not working as intended.

Go try it on a test dummy and read what he said while you are there doing it.

It is busted. Please go try it and look at the logs.

So Icy Viens is saying to cast Titan's Thunder immediately AFTER Dire Beast/Dire Frenzy... which is what I've been doing all along ... can usually single target 450-500k. But you're saying the reverse is actually true? I have the shoulders... don't know if that makes a difference...
Thanks for all the supports guys.It's good to see this bug is finally paid attention to.
Let's hope for a blue response and a quick fix is coming,I can't really do anything in CN server you know.
The bug is not what people actually think it is. The way it is supposed to work is that, with Dire Frenzy, Titan's Thunder will add 2 buffs: the regular lighting ability, and a Dire Frenzy buff that lasts 30 seconds and is consumed the next time you cast Dire Frenzy.

The problem is not that your pet has to be in melee range, it's that YOU have to be within melee range of your pet for the 2nd buff to be applied. Any further and it is not applied. In Combat, I will have to run next to my pet, hit TT, then run out to get it on him.

Set your focus on your pet, then press Titan's Thunder before sending him to attack the dummy, and you should see both apply. Have him attack and use Dire Frenzy, then stand next to him and cast TT again. Then cast TT a 3rd time, but do so from 20 yards + away. You will see only 1 buff apply in that case.