10/10 H NH will be required for entering ToS

General Discussion
02/22/2017 07:56 AMPosted by Brissandy
This elitist mindset needs to stop

This ....

Rock on!
-Sign- This will happen every expansion no matter what Patch.
02/22/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Illidette
02/22/2017 08:21 AMPosted by Kuranna

Because then the OP wouldn't get to see it.

The OP, unsurprisingly, is setting the bar just high enough that they can jump over it, but not high enough that they might be excluded (heaven forbid.)

Well I mean, while technically NH is the same tier as ToV and EN...they are separate raids. So...using the OP's logic, he wouldn't be able to even be in Nighthold currently given he never killed Heroic Helya.

Do you not see how stupid that is OP?

But sure, lets go back to the days of Guild X finally clears the raid! Great! What...Guild Y who is more progressed poached a few of X's better people. Boo! Back to progressing through the raid again...after recruiting to fill the gaps.

That's all this would accomplish. There are good ideas. There are decent ideas. There are questionable ideas. There are stupid ideas. There are downright bad ideas. Then, somewhere way below that, is your idea.

I'm totally fine with being excluded. I'd be totally fine if I had needed H Helya to get into NH, and I wasn't able to get in day 1. Only reason why I said heroic instead of mythic is that I feel like most semi-serious guilds can clear heroic. Same cannot be said about mythic.
Blizzard doesn't do attunements like this anymore and probably never will. Which I am very glad about.
Wouldn't bother me at all. I don't really do instance, raids etc, so I am used to not seeing content til I go back in the next expansion, and solo it.

I just like questing, fishing, pet battles, gathering stuff. Just doin my thing, as usual, yaknow! :D

~Lara!
Okay, before you freak out, I know, obviously this will never happen. Blizz has moved on from this style.

But what would this mean to you? I personally would love it that you have to conquer one tier to get into the next and it would bring that epic feel to be in a guild that makes it into ToS.

I get that everyone wants to experience the content, and not everyone has every moment of their lives to spend on WoW, just sparking a conversation :D

More like elitist feel similar to vanilla MC where only a few guilds completed it.
A pain in the !@#.

My priest would go in right away

some of my friends, and my alts would have to wait their turns to get into a clear for NH, since not everyone gears at the same pace.

Wanna switch classes because you don't like/burnt out on your main? Well now you gotta pug it or hope you can convince your guild to use one of their free nights for Nighthold H.

And of course I have to call out that some people would never see ToS then.

This kind of gating was stopped for a reason. It didn't make anyone happy.
02/22/2017 07:54 AMPosted by Modern
Okay, before you freak out, I know, obviously this will never happen. Blizz has moved on from this style.

But what would this mean to you? I personally would love it that you have to conquer one tier to get into the next and it would bring that epic feel to be in a guild that makes it into ToS.

I get that everyone wants to experience the content, and not everyone has every moment of their lives to spend on WoW, just sparking a conversation :D

By your mindset you wouldn't even be in NH since you didn't go 3/3 H ToV, just sayin'.
Regardless though. Who are you to decide who can see content? Normal Mode has its target audience. Why should NORMAL mode raiders be required to complete stuff on Heroic? That's completely asinine. Do you not see this?

LFR has its audience. So again, why should LFR folks have to do Heroic content just to get into the next raid? It makes no sense and truthfully, it does make you sound extremely elitist to even suggest 10/10 Heroic be required for ToS.

There are many types of guilds that raid. I'd imagine a good number of them don't even aspire to clear Heroic. Yet they still enjoy casually raiding and clearing Normal. So again, who are you to dictate what others do? What others have to do, in order to do their preferred level of content.

I'm going to agree with some other folks though, if you and your guild feel strongly about your idea, by all means. Make that a guild focus. You will not raid the next tier, on any difficulty, until you clear all of Heroic for the previous.

LFR. Normal. Heroic. Mythic. Multiple difficulties, with countless types of guilds. So again, do you not see why your idea is innately flawed? Heroic raiders(some at least) like to feel like special snowflakes, standing on a pedestal overlooking all the LFR and Normal raiders. The same can be said about some Mythic raiders wanting to do things that will create an obvious divide so that they can look down at everyone else.

That's essentially what your idea is. Whether you realize it or not. So, yea...Lets not. Kay?
That's not enough of an achievement.

To get into ToS LFR, you have to complete every other raid in Legion at EVERY difficulty. And you can't access ToS N until you complete LFR.

And you can't access Heroic until you complete N without wiping to any boss.

And you can't access Mythic until you complete Heroic without anyone dying to anything throughout the entire raid.

I think that's an even better idea than the OP.
But what would this mean to you?

The end of progression guilds on a lot of servers.
I feel as though many people overlook the fact that many of us veteran players who started as hardcore players back in vanilla when we were 17-18, are now in our late 20's early 30's, have careers, families, so on and so forth. Simply put, a lot of the player-base has grown up and no longer has time for "elitist" style of content, thus the game takes on a more casual feel as a whole. Remember, they're competing w/ consoles, the ultimate in casual gaming.

Now as far as all these MoP babies, I have no idea.
I know, obviously this will never happen.
Why even bring it up then?
I have a better idea. If you wanna play the next expansion you must have all the cutting edge achievements of the previous one.
02/22/2017 11:46 AMPosted by Linra
I know, obviously this will never happen.
Why even bring it up then?

Probably to start a discussion.

In theory, the linear model wasn't bad. In execution, it became a problem due to the fickle nature of people.

This is why sports teams have contracts or kids can't play for whichever school they want to (they play for the school they matriculate.)

The linear model can work, but it also alienates too many people and ultimately even the hardcore players are frustrated by such a system.

I am not opposed to attunements. I just feel like they shouldn't be expansion long or individual bound. As content becomes outdated, so too should the attunements. They are fine as storytelling devices and serving as additional player engagement strategies. Making them mandatory for participation across an expansion feels punitive and tedious.

In summary, a healthy balance needs to be struck, and I feel like we're closer to that now than ever. It's just a matter of keeping players engaged in the content (giving them reasons to care about showing up.)
It wasn't much fun dragging new recruits through old content and attunement quests in a scramble to get ready for raid night.

clearing heroic makes someone elite?
02/22/2017 04:20 PMPosted by Víktor

I think the OP would have made better traction if he had simply stated that whichever difficulty a person wanted to do had to be cleared in the previous tier.

So normal clear of the previous tier to do the next.

Note: I don't necessarily agree with this idea. Just that he made his system unnecessarily onerous.

Normal raiders should be able to progress at their own comfort level. This idea that they should have to step up to heroic in order to proceed into normal difficulties of the next raid is nonsense.
Based on OP’s logic, why not just make it 10/10M required? Oh I know, because that way it would gate OP from actually seeing the content!
02/22/2017 04:20 PMPosted by Víktor

No, but expecting everyone else to clear it to unlock access to new content is definitely sounding like it. People just need to spend their time looking forward at the content they're doing and less worrying about what the people behind them are doing.

Its pretty petty to have your own sense of self worth/accomplishment tied to keeping things away from other people. (not you specifically just average elitist types)