Mistweaver Talents

Class Development
1 2 3 16 Next
Hello Blizz, listen I really like chi wave, but not at the expense of mistwalk. I enjoy the talent it is good in PVP and is good in PVE (certain circumstances) There are other talents that are not ever used at least by me like (rushing Jade wind, Rising thunder, spirit of the crane) there are several PVP talents that are not used that often either that could be removed (refreshing breeze, healing sphere, way of the crane, fast feet.) Mistwalk is an awesome part of the new monk playstyle don't take that away.

If you support this please up vote.
Info 7.2 PTR mistwalk was replaced with Chiwave.

Why blizz would you remove this talent? looking for a blue post here.
Don't even bother, Blizzard do not care about monks, we are the least played and worst healers in the game by far, and barely any (if any) of the devs roll them, so they don't really give a toss about us.
02/23/2017 05:58 AMPosted by Dirtybird
Don't even bother, Blizzard do not care about monks, we are the least played and worst healers in the game by far, and barely any (if any) of the devs roll them, so they don't really give a toss about us.

this

and come on now, one of them has a mw monk that can do mythic 5s and the first few bosses of normal nh. we're fine

edit i used mistwalk in low level mythic plus as we were always moving. it was fun, chi wave is not

It seems like they want to make the spec underperform in all aspect of the game so people reroll and make this a 2 spec class like dhs.
The issue I see is that mistwalk really does not belong in that level 15 talent row. Let's be honest here. Mistwalk is more of a mobility talent than it is a healing ability. It's great for pvp due to the mobility it gives however in pve it serves almost no purpose whatsoever. Using it as an escape or to jump across the field with a flag before the enemy team has a clue were good uses. I can't think of a single situation when I was in a raid or dungeon where I thought "man mistwalk would be great here" instead of chi-burst. Chi-wave may see some use in dungeons but that all depends on how good it is. Perhaps in smaller raids with bosses that involve a lot of spreading out chi-wave may prove to be decent as well.

I would imagine it's also being removed to take away some mobility from monks in pvp. It's one of the major complaints people have had about monks in pvp. I'm not saying that I am happy about it but just stating the reasoning behind it. If it does somehow get added back it belongs in the level 30 talent row if anything as a mobility talent not as a healing talent.

"Blizzard Entertainment doesn't care about Monk people" ~Kanye
02/23/2017 09:33 AMPosted by Vinke
The issue I see is that mistwalk really does not belong in that level 15 talent row. Let's be honest here. Mistwalk is more of a mobility talent than it is a healing ability. It's great for pvp due to the mobility it gives however in pve it serves almost no purpose whatsoever. Using it as an escape or to jump across the field with a flag before the enemy team has a clue were good uses. I can't think of a single situation when I was in a raid or dungeon where I thought "man mistwalk would be great here" instead of chi-burst. Chi-wave may see some use in dungeons but that all depends on how good it is.

I would imagine it's also being removed to take away some mobility from monks in pvp. It's one of the major complaints people have had about monks in pvp. I'm not saying that I am happy about it but just stating the reasoning behind it. If it does somehow get added back it belongs in the level 30 talent row if anything as a mobility talent not as a healing talent.

I agree, but removal of the talent all together is a little overboard.
Blue, Please just acknowledge our concerns, we the people who play this game on a regular basis, know where the weakest parts of our classes are. So why not atleast tell us the direction you are going?
Mate they haven't been able to tell us the direction of the class for over 6 months now, they still don't know what our role or class identity is since they removed that the last two expansions. Genuinely think Mistweaver is truly a lost cause, especially after their "attempts" at feedback showing how truly ignorant they are. Removing Mistwalk will destroy MW Monks in PVP and leave them truly horrible at every single aspect of WoW (Raid, Mythic +, PvP) and objectively inferior to Druids in every single situation assuming similar gear and skill level.
holy !@#$ monks tilt the %^-* out of me
This was a primarily PvP-focused change. It wasn't getting much use in PvE (and when it was, that was almost always the wrong choice), and it was giving Mistweavers far too much mobility in PvP, especially in RBGs where it was highly problematic.

We're obviously aware that this change has balance implications, and are prepared to make any additional changes necessary for Mistweaver PvP performance.
holy pally is dead last for RBG because of no mobility and minimal aoe heal
Its hard to see how Chi Wave is going to be any more useful then Mistwalk in PvE when its competing against Chi Burst. And I think Mistwalk actually had some good uses in Dungeons which Chi Wave won't.
02/23/2017 06:04 PMPosted by Lore

We're obviously aware that this change has balance implications, and are prepared to make any additional changes necessary for Mistweaver PvP performance.

You guys have been promising "performance changes" for months now (since Alpha nerfs really), it simply has no merit anymore.
02/23/2017 06:10 PMPosted by Paypaladin
holy pally is dead last for RBG because of no mobility and minimal aoe heal

Yes, this needs attention after you guys make Mistweaver not garbage without mistwalk.

HPallies and RShams are god awful in BGs. If they get tunneled they literally cannot do anything because of the way interrupts are right now. Along with having to hard cast a lot to get any throughput, they have barely any spread healing to deal with the watered down "AoE cleave but still single target" damage that a lot of specs have (DH, moonkin for example.)

Any plans to make it so that the people that like these specs can actually play literally half the PvP content in the game?
This was a primarily PvP-focused change. It wasn't getting much use in PvE (and when it was, that was almost always the wrong choice), and it was giving Mistweavers far too much mobility in PvP, especially in RBGs where it was highly problematic.

Since when do you make changes based around RBG's, a bracket where 20 people actively play?

Lore, I really think you should read some of the points made in this thread. Why prune mobility?
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753200620?page=6

nobody asked for ChiWave back, its a boring spell and if this goes live I'm done.
I thought PVP and PVE were going to be tuned separately this expansion? Just make Mistwalk unusable in PVP, or make it trigger a much longer CD or something, but don't replace it with stupid Chi Wave...
Chi Wave is still going to be completely useless in PvE Lore. Chi Burst is literally twice as strong %sp wise compared to chi wave. This isn't even considering chi burst dr resetting, which adds even more power to the spell.

Similarly, Zen Pulse is also twice as powerful numbers wise compared to Chi Wave, and Zen Pulse can also be consistently buffed by Enveloping Mist's increased healing effect, making a far better healing choice.

RBGs? Really? And you DELETED the talent... because of that... Seriously? Didn't try cooldowns, didn't try reducing the distance you can mistwalk or adding a mana cost or a provision for use or introducing a travel time or cast time or reducing a Mistweaver's health, making it a PvP talent where you have to choose between other very useful traits... it's just gone hey, that's the solution.

I have an idea, why don't you spend some time... and redo BGs completely! I wouldn't mind seeing something where it's 10 v 10 and you have to run around a castle capturing flags or something, maybe with a courtyard and/or drawbridge so it's not all close-quarters. Would Mistwalk be useful in that situation? With walls everywhere and you get LoS'd all the time? Probably not as much.

There are so many options but we'll go with deleting it and making your class a bad version of other healers.

Can't wait to get absolutely smashed by all the melee damage with no defensives and high mana cost spells that will OOM me even harder trying to do the "PvE stand and heal"...

But Druids are just fine turning invisible and into invincible bears, stunning you and running off into the distance while healing themselves and being virtually immune to slowing effects. I've seen Resto Druids tanking the final bosses of AV and that's fine? Seems good. Lots of people play RBGs... You think they won't just abuse the next best healer once Monks are gone? Heh.