Eu to buy tokens on us servers

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 11 Next
02/10/2017 02:52 AMPosted by Medeoan
02/09/2017 08:50 PMPosted by You
OP... it's pathetic that you used your 2nd account to pretend its a different person.

Just saying...

I dunnu. They could be two different people who happen to be friends and made their accounts together. Then again maybe not.

Got two guys in my guild who are IRL friends and both start their toons names with "Barb".

As for what the OP is talking about. I don't think there are any trade laws that would be a problem. There would be additional fees from financial institutions however. There would also be additional reporting requirements to the Federal Government. I suspect overall, it would just be a massive headache better off being avoided.

Wouldn't those additional requirements apply to almost every (or even every) non-US buyer though?

Since the restrictions don't apply to people as long as they are "in region" then it seems like Blizzard is happy to undertake those additional requirements.
02/10/2017 03:13 AMPosted by Kuranna
02/10/2017 02:52 AMPosted by Medeoan

I dunnu. They could be two different people who happen to be friends and made their accounts together. Then again maybe not.

Got two guys in my guild who are IRL friends and both start their toons names with "Barb".

As for what the OP is talking about. I don't think there are any trade laws that would be a problem. There would be additional fees from financial institutions however. There would also be additional reporting requirements to the Federal Government. I suspect overall, it would just be a massive headache better off being avoided.

Wouldn't those additional requirements apply to almost every (or even every) non-US buyer though?

Since the restrictions don't apply to people as long as they are "in region" then it seems like Blizzard is happy to undertake those additional requirements.

They may be willing to undertake those additional requirements for players in region because of the masses of them involved. The number of people in your situation isn't masses, plus you have another way to play the game, i.e. by playing it in YOUR region not another.

I suspect blizzard was being nice to people to even allow them to play outside their region and now you guys want special treatment again...
02/10/2017 04:09 AMPosted by Roxette
02/10/2017 03:13 AMPosted by Kuranna

They may be willing to undertake those additional requirements for players in region because of the masses of them involved. The number of people in your situation isn't masses, plus you have another way to play the game, i.e. by playing it in YOUR region not another.

I suspect blizzard was being nice to people to even allow them to play outside their region and now you guys want special treatment again...

Those undertakings would be the same regardless of where people are from. The WoW regions are made up by Blizzard, they aren't "real" regions that are recognized politically or even geographically.

Assuming they even exist, and I really don't think they do.
02/10/2017 04:18 AMPosted by Kuranna
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Those undertakings would be the same regardless of where people are from. The WoW regions are made up by Blizzard, they aren't "real" regions that are recognized politically or even geographically.

Let's see if I am in business and I have 10,000 customers who earn me 150k a year and my lawyer costs me 25k to research the laws of the country they are from and another 10k to set up systems to handle special systems to accommodate those customers.

Then I have another 100 customers over here that I was being nice to and letting them play outside the region they were supposed to be playing in and it will cost me 25k for EACH country those customers are from and they are from a variety of countries each with their own laws plus 10k to set up special systems. I earn 1.5k each year from these customers.

Guess what I am going to tell that second group of customers just leave, I don't care, you cost me more than I can make off of you anyway.

Let's see if I am in business and I have 10,000 customers who earn me 150k a year and my lawyer costs me 25k to research the laws of the country they are from and another 10k to set up systems to handle special systems to accommodate those customers.

Then I have another 100 customers over here that I was being nice to and letting them play outside the region they were supposed to be playing in and it will cost me 25k for EACH country those customers are from and they are from a variety of countries each with their own laws plus 10k to set up special systems. I earn 1.5k each year from these customers.

Guess what I am going to tell that second group of customers just leave, I don't care, you cost me more than I can make off of you anyway.

And yet you can buy everything listed on the Blizzard store in USD and that's fine.

But a token, That's crazy talk.

And you're billed by Blizzard US when you use the Blizzard store in USD so no research of other countries laws are necessary, the transaction from a legal standpoint takes place entirely within the US.
02/10/2017 04:37 AMPosted by Kuranna

And yet you can buy everything listed on the Blizzard store in USD and that's fine.

But a token, That's crazy talk.

And you're billed by Blizzard US when you use the Blizzard store in USD so no research of other countries laws are necessary, the transaction from a legal standpoint takes place entirely within the US.

I am actually a little concerned you can buy everything from the store just fine.

I really don't understand your setup but I can't help thinking if it costs you less than half to buy things using gold by playing on a US server than by playing on your own area server then it becomes a problem because why should all the other Europeans pay double the cost for a token when they can just pay the US cost for the token by doing what you are doing.

Right now 88k for token bought in US and 186k for token bought in Europe. Maybe blizzard should be making you pay the 186k gold for each token
I am actually a little concerned you can buy everything from the store just fine.

Why would you be concerned?

Right now 88k for token bought in US and 186k for token bought in Europe. Maybe blizzard should be making you pay the 186k gold for each token

Why would he need to pay the EU server price when he is playing on a US server? He isn't part of the EU server gold economy.
02/10/2017 04:59 AMPosted by Fuzecast

Why would he need to pay the EU server price when he is playing on a US server? He isn't part of the EU server gold economy.

Think about it - maybe this is the reason blizzard isn't letting them apply tokens to bnet balances because it would cause other problems.
02/10/2017 04:59 AMPosted by Fuzecast

Think about it - maybe this is the reason blizzard isn't letting them apply tokens to bnet balances because it would cause other problems.

What problems? A USD battle.net balance can only be used to buy goods and services from the US Blizzard store in USD.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

What problems? A USD battle.net balance can only be used to buy goods and services from the US Blizzard store in USD.

Like I said I don't know your setup but why would a new player from Europe play on a European server if they could just play on a US server and have to farm a fraction of the gold as their next door neighbour has to to buy games.
02/10/2017 05:14 AMPosted by Roxette

Like I said I don't know your setup but why would a new player from Europe play on a European server if they could just play on a US server and have to farm a fraction of the gold as their next door neighbour has to to buy games.

I don't know, ask a new player from Europe and see what they say.

Blizzard would be stupid to set themselves up to that scenerio in the first place.
02/10/2017 05:06 AMPosted by Roxette

What problems?

(this is the same person as the mage above btw, I didn't realize I was posting with that character)

why would a new player from Europe play on a European server if they could just play on a US server and have to farm a fraction of the gold as their next door neighbour has to to buy games.

I can only tell you about my circumstance. I am from the US but have and will be living in the EU for, possibly forever.

1) You cannot carry your US account over the EU and I am not losing my 19+ toons, 250+ mounts, rep, etc to start again.

2) People. I still play Blizz games sometimes with RL friends who all have US accounts. Also, the numbers are growing smaller but there are still old guildies from when I used to raid when living in the US that I chat/play with.

The EU community is different than the US community that is different than the asian communities.

Other than costly legal/trade reasons, I don't see why NA server players shouldn't be able to buy NA server items due to their physical location.
02/10/2017 05:21 AMPosted by Roxette

Blizzard would be stupid to set themselves up to that scenerio in the first place.

Even if that scenario played out where more than a handful of people were choosing to play in the US vs the EU I don't see what the harm would be. Quite the opposite really, less money they need to repatriate the US whilst paying a hefty amount by of tax on it.

But as the chances of it playing out to any noticeable extent really aren't high I very much doubt Blizzard has even considered it.

The real reason is almost certainly because you can't load non-local currencies to your battle.net balance. And this is likely to be to prevent people loading the wrong currency for their location. That does make sense from the point of view of people buying a balance with their own cash, there's no real need to do that as if you can load currency onto your battle.net account then you have the tools (a credit or debit card) to just buy the goods/services directly.

But if you're not loading that balance with your own money, but via a token, that restriction ceases to make sense, particularly since if you load it via a token you clearly have an interest in a version of the game that isn't your local one.

Even if that scenario played out where more than a handful of people were choosing to play in the US vs the EU I don't see what the harm would be. Quite the opposite really, less money they need to repatriate the US whilst paying a hefty amount by of tax on it.

But as the chances of it playing out to any noticeable extent really aren't high I very much doubt Blizzard has even considered it.

The real reason is almost certainly because you can't load non-local currencies to your battle.net balance. And this is likely to be to prevent people loading the wrong currency for their location. That does make sense from the point of view of people buying a balance with their own cash, there's no real need to do that as if you can load currency onto your battle.net account then you have the tools (a credit or debit card) to just buy the goods/services directly.

But if you're not loading that balance with your own money, but via a token, that restriction ceases to make sense, particularly since if you load it via a token you clearly have an interest in a version of the game that isn't your local one.

oh, I guess blizzard wouldn't see threads complaining why does that person who lives next door to me get treated better than me just because they play on a US server.
02/10/2017 05:41 AMPosted by Roxette

oh, I guess blizzard wouldn't see threads complaining why does that person who lives next door to me get treated better than me just because they play on a US server.

They already do, and they ignore them.

You know, how every time an expac launches the threads start with people complaining about it launching in the EU first.
02/09/2017 11:52 PMPosted by Roxette
02/09/2017 11:39 PMPosted by Hasil

Pretty sure they aren't since they don't have the same battle pets. That would require two battle.net accounts.

I guess it doesn't mean they aren't the same, but it would be pretty difficult to prove.

Also one has 20 more achieve points than the other.

They are the same person, maybe just a multiboxer.

we may look allmost the same but are not, blizz dont give much choice on toon looks when makeing the toons, so ty for your wrong judgement
02/10/2017 01:04 AMPosted by Roxette
02/10/2017 12:41 AMPosted by Thomacles
Oh dear lord give it up already.

What possible difference does it make whether she is 1 account or 2!?

She is claiming that Blizzard takes her money for a sub, but won't take her money for a token. (If I am understanding correctly.)

She wants to know why and if you agree. It has been conformed by other players overseas. Why do many of you insist on disrespecting her about lame crap like, " She is a sock puppet!".

If Blizzard takes her cash for a sub, they should accept her cash for a token. She is asking for your support to let Blizzard know this is an oversight, or needs implemented.

You aren't trolling if you have a legitimate beef.

And in this case she clearly does.

she does not have a legitimate beef.

And if she is being dishonest by using a puppet to make it appear there is support for this, what the heck else is she being dishonest about.

Firstly, there is no reason to buy gold in the first place, she isn't GETTING BEHIND because she isn't buying gold. If someone gets behind in this game they are just mostly lazy (with a few exceptions). Secondly, the manner in which she approaches this is petty and childish, i.e you don't want me to buy gold from gold sellers (they probably have been buying gold from gold sellers all along but now they can get a better deal from blizzard).

i have never bought gold or anything from 3rd partys and never will,i was stateing a fact from a question asked, and made this forum as blizz requested me to in a ticket to see responce so there development team could see and put tokens on if people had same issues. and fact im not lazy i work hard at what i do on wow, and i would like to see you find it so easy when your partly sighted and only have one hand to play the game with, i use a 60 in tv to see it and sit 2 foot away from the screen so farming gold the old way is very hard to do. i should not have needed to reply to this but there you go.
02/09/2017 08:07 PMPosted by Missvickilou
Hello please could you sort out this issue, i only play on the us servers and am from the eu, i find that we can not buy tokens from eu on us servers, come on blizz you dont want our accounts to be stolen by going to 3rd partys for gold do you, keep it in blizzard not 3rd partys. Please respond to this if you feel tokens should be allowed for eu customers on us servers. Thank you

If you play on US servers, you should have an US account, correct?

Why would the in-game purchase option on an US server direct you to an EU token purchase page?
02/09/2017 11:48 PMPosted by Roxette
02/09/2017 08:47 PMPosted by Missvickilou
yes im sure buying gold from 3rd partys is not allowed, i have never bought it from other partys and struggle to keep up with everyone ont the us servers, which i have allways played. and there is no ruleing what servers you play on. they accept my money for subscriptions so why not tokens. it makes any one on eu that use us servers fall behind, and some risk useing 3rd partys. which i dont.

I have never bought gold even from blizzard, most people playing this game haven't. You don't need to buy gold you just need not to be lazy.

There may be no rule which servers you play on but I guess you are going to run into restrictions from time to time if you don't play on the servers designated for your areas.

As far as I am concerned blizzard shouldn't change a single thing to accommodate you and your puppet.

and your calling me dishonest please get your info right, one min you bought tokens with second account then you never ever bought tokens, are you for real, we are not all as dishonest as you, so dont put me in the same boat as you as you clearly are a lier. i am not.