Can we just get an AH in Dal?

General Discussion
The people that hang out in SW/Org are gonna do it regardless. All not having an AH in Dal does is make me wait until I log off and just do my auctions on my phone. I think some people too easily label things "tedious" in this game, but this is one of those things. I'm not hanging out in SW, I'm flying directly from the Mage Tower to the AH to the mailbox and hearthing back to Dal. DALARAN is the hangout, embrace that.

As it is now, you'll notice Dal is more densely populated by Krasus Landing (FP area) where you port in. Put the AH on the other corner of Dal and boom, you just made all of Dal more alive (spreading the pop. density across the city).
02/17/2017 02:47 PMPosted by Phumbles
There just isn't anyone that actually cares other than the extremists.
Oh sure. Take more !@#$ from engineering.
It would be nice. I just send all my stuff to a bank toon currently and stay in Dal. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice.

I would rather see that change than our classes again..
They have never put an auction house at the main hub of any expansion, they want you to visit old content. Not entirely sure why, but that's the reason.
You want to have a AH in Dalaran...

Become an engineer. Otherwise... travel.
Two words:

bank alt
02/17/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Retgar
They have never put an auction house at the main hub of any expansion, they want you to visit old content. Not entirely sure why, but that's the reason.

I know, I'm saying that's pointless because what visiting the old expansion means in this case is bee-lining to the AH to the mailbox and hearthing back. Their plan already isn't working.

I can start screen capturing right now and go from anywhere to anwhere and show you how easy it is and how obviously bad you must be playing to have such trouble, if you want.
It's one of the few perks of engineering. Let them have it.
02/17/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Retgar

That reason has zero logic. I can't imagine flying from the mage's quarter to the AH is what they have in mind when thinking old content is the reason.

I'll stick with the bank alt. Beats engineering.
02/17/2017 02:55 PMPosted by Phumbles
All not having an AH in Dal does is make me wait until I log off and just do my auctions on my phone. I think some people too easily label things "tedious" in this game, but this is one of those things.

Are you using all 12 character slots?

The FIRST thing I do on any new server is create an AH character: a level 1 who stays in Stormwind or Orgrimmar. My "real" characters almost never go to the AH. They just go to the nearest mailbox. I've done that for 10+ years.

The only exception is when I am buying armor at the AH: there being on the character using the armor helps a lot. At all other times, it is unimportant.
02/17/2017 03:11 PMPosted by Abos
That reason has zero logic.

by now you should know blizz doesn't have any sort of logic behind their decisions
02/17/2017 03:18 PMPosted by Sederath
Can't we let Engineering keep something?

I've stopped using it on any character I care about, and it used to be on the majority of my maxed chars.

Now, why would I have it on one?

AH is a weird thing to hold back considering their plan and reasoning for keeping it in SW is flawed IMO. Tbh it's easier to hearth to my Garrison and use the AH than it is to go to any city. I don't wanna nerf Eng, but everyone doesn't need to suffer because the devs can't design 1 profession. Give Eng some new toys (with or without the change in the OP).

I mean, imagine if it were real life. "Oh yea, you just need to teleport thousands of miles away to get to the nearest shop".
Can't we let Engineering keep something?

I've stopped using it on any character I care about, and it used to be on the majority of my maxed chars.

Now, why would I have it on one?
Engineering ftw.
02/17/2017 03:13 PMPosted by Karix
02/17/2017 02:55 PMPosted by Phumbles
All not having an AH in Dal does is make me wait until I log off and just do my auctions on my phone. I think some people too easily label things "tedious" in this game, but this is one of those things.

Are you using all 12 character slots?

The FIRST thing I do on any new server is create an AH character: a level 1 who stays in Stormwind or Orgrimmar. My "real" characters almost never go to the AH. They just go to the nearest mailbox. I've done that for 10+ years.

The only exception is when I am buying armor at the AH: there being on the character using the armor helps a lot. At all other times, it is unimportant.

The fact that you're suggesting this proves that the current method isn't working. You have people logging over to use a game feature. That's textbook not-working IMO.

TBH, and I've thought about this before. What if we just made the AH a UI feature? I mean, why not? Maybe only let it be usable in cities.
02/17/2017 03:18 PMPosted by Phumbles
AH is a weird thing to hold back considering their plan and reasoning for keeping it in SW is flawed IMO. Tbh it's easier to hearth to my Garrison and use the AH than it is to go to any city. I don't wanna nerf Eng, but everyone doesn't need to suffer because the devs can't design 1 profession. Give Eng some new toys (with or without the change in the OP).

I mean, imagine if it were real life. "Oh yea, you just need to teleport thousands of miles away to get to the nearest shop".

It's literally had this feature to itself since WotLK.

If you really wanted your "issue" fixed, you've known the fix for some time, at least.