World Level Scaling confirmed?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 14 Next
I know they can't do toggles for everything, but this is one instance where I would like one.

I prefer to have questing mobs be a challenge for the entire time I'm in the zone. When I level alts, even without heirlooms, completing an entire zone easily has you moving into green, or even gray, quests by the end. My current workaround for this is turning off exp, but it's an annoying process to continually do this.

BUT I don't want it to be a permanent thing. There are times when I want to just go to the old world and be able to one-shot things, or have to go back to old lands for miscellaneous, trivial reasons, like finding a book needed for the disc hidden appearance.
02/01/2017 07:38 PMPosted by Seelann
02/01/2017 07:28 PMPosted by Darkdeity

But while leveling through that content, it would be a hell of an improvement.

Also it seems silly to make leveling take longer when the game is focused on MAX LEVEL. I would only be for this idea if they had an option to disable it, otherwise leave it as it is.

But in order to get players to max level they must make the leveling experience something enjoyable, the current system is so boring, I have invited like 3 friends to wow and all of them got bored so they quit
I wouldn't like world scaling. The only way I would be okay with it is if there's a way you can switch the scaling off/on.

I think of that NPC you talk to in blasted lands and it takes you to the scaled down version of how it was with level 50 mobs or the updated version with level 100 mobs but then again it's a totally different zone with different mobs but it could still work that way.
02/01/2017 06:36 PMPosted by Uatah
I don't really see a problem with mobs making herb gathering less convenient as a problem. A low level player shouldn't see 110s swooping down and vacuuming up every node in seconds.

If anything, level scaled mobs should frequently be on top of nodes to make botting less easy.

Nodes are multi-tap now even in lower level zones, so that argument is pretty much moot.

Botters are not stopped by mobs. They'll just bot underground where the mobs can't get to them.

That said, I'm not for mobs in all zones scaling all the way up to max level. The only way I'd be semi-ok with this is if they scaled in a bracketed fashion. Meaning, they'd scale up to highest level of that zone, or maybe a level or two above so that levelers could feel like they were still getting something out of the experience of finishing up the quests in that zone. But that should be the limit. No further.

That way, higher level players can still feel powerful while farming old content, while levelers still get a challenge and appropriate XP for their work.
Add me to the list of people who /hates/ mob scaling. I like out leveling then going back to just pew pew.

If it became world wide, I'd just quit. Wouldn't be fun anymore for me.
> random camp still level-scales
> tweet
> OMG THIS MEANS WORLD LEVEL SCALING

*time passes*

OMG YOU LIED TO US BLOZZORD
Tis' a shame you can go 85-90 right in jade forest now, it's such a wonderful continent.
Scaling is the one thing I hate about Legion. Adding scaling to old content is a horrible idea.
02/01/2017 10:24 PMPosted by Carnation
BUT I don't want it to be a permanent thing. There are times when I want to just go to the old world and be able to one-shot things, or have to go back to old lands for miscellaneous, trivial reasons, like finding a book needed for the disc hidden appearance.

Or you know, they will just make it like Timewalking. Every week or so X, Y and Z expansion zone will scale, the rest wont and next week A, B and C expansion zone will scale. Rinse and repeat.

02/01/2017 10:18 PMPosted by Wanobi
This is the actiblizz model of the future: no compelling content, just a mind numbing grid to max level, follow by even more mind numbing grinds at max level, followed by even more mind numbing grinds once you've completed those grinds.

When has world of warcraft NOT have any grinds?
02/01/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Rabizu
Yeah, I'd love to have to fight level 110 scorpids just to farm peacebloom and copper ore.

Well if our profession levels up where the resources changes like the concept in ESO. I'm for it, but that means old World bosses will have to drop loot at our item level.
That atop the reasons I have unsubbed and am awaiting till time runs out would be another reason to not resub. There are times at cap you simply want to go back and relax and gather and just hang out in zones that you enjoyed, not fight continuous max lvl mobs.
I hope a fel reaver camps your corpse
02/01/2017 04:28 PMPosted by Kheradin
Good grief, I hope not.

Power progression is one of the incentives for leveling a character. Remove that and even the most mundane task becomes a chore.

If it works like the legion invasion you might actually be gaining levels faster.
02/01/2017 11:09 PMPosted by Zanjin
I hope a fel reaver camps your corpse

Yanno, I was actually expecting a rampaging Fel Reaver in Legion zones. I was really disappointed by not seeing any. :(

That Ettin in Highmountain tho... He's a huge jerk!!
02/01/2017 05:16 PMPosted by Maldonix
02/01/2017 04:19 PMPosted by Moomage
Someone tweeted at the devs saying "Hey, the scaling on the twilight camps is still enabled even though the event is over, is this intented?"

They replied back with "Yes. Yes, that is intended."

I could see them doing this next expansion if you think about it.
Azeroth gets flooded by old gods and a ton of zones are in trouble, and we need to go help.

Think it could work?

If Blizzard imposes that mob scaling garbage on all of the pre-Legion zones, I'm ragequitting this game and never coming back until it is made totally optional or removed completely. I don't care how many thousands of hours I've sunk into all of my alts to date. I'll either find another MMO that does not use scaling or just go back to playing single-player games. I got along fine without WoW for decades and could do so again.

I probably spend 80% of my gametime leisurely leveling alts through old content. Mandatory mob scaling worldwide means this customer, his money, and his support of this game is gone.
I'm afraid I have to agree with you. This would be the game-breaker for me.
The day they implement forced level scaling in the overworld. Is the day I stop playing.

I don't particularly like the effect it had on Legion. Sure we got a bigger play space. But why did I need to bother with those 10 levels in the first place? Those drakes I was battling in Stormheim at 100 were just the same as a fresh 110. Leveling felt like a pointless endeavor when I didn't grow stronger relative to the world around me. It felt lame and like an unnecessary action. I like leveling, I don't like that it felt unnecessary.
This is something I think I don't want.

Scratch that.

I KNOW I don't want this, I've experienced it in other games and it sucks.

I'm in favour of it only if it applies when you group up with a lower level player.

But PLEASE, solo is fun - don't changes what MAKES it fun.
02/01/2017 11:59 PMPosted by Whitecrow
Is the day I stop playing.

It stopped me from playing Elder Scrolls Online that's for sure.

Didn't stop me from playing The Old Republic, but that's because they only scaled the daily hubs (which I never played).
02/01/2017 04:19 PMPosted by Moomage
https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/826904758732480516

Saw this as I was scrolling through twitter.

If you don't want to click the link, I'll explain.

Someone tweeted at the devs saying "Hey, the scaling on the twilight camps is still enabled even though the event is over, is this intented?"

They replied back with "Yes. Yes, that is intended."

I could see them doing this next expansion if you think about it.
Azeroth gets flooded by old gods and a ton of zones are in trouble, and we need to go help.

Think it could work?

would love it iff the next expac was based in the old world, but the real old one. not the post cata one, change is bad
Based on the upvotes and downvotes it seems that the idea of world scaling is very unpopular, and yet there are elements of it that are very appealing to me.

I'd love to be able to do the bulk of my lowbie levelling in vanilla regions, because after this many years, I'm a bit sick of doing BC, then Wrath, then Cata. It would be nice to be able to quest in any order I choose.

That said, I definitely appreciate the feedback people have had, particularly with regards to gathering low level mats.

Surely there is someway to have both?