PvP is DEAD in Legion

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next
02/02/2017 05:33 PMPosted by Qìyana
PvP gear suck !@#, I'm like 894 ilvl as Shadow. I probably do the same dps as a 850 ilvl raider because the gear is poorly itemized. Versatility sucks.

Please tell me more about how my ilvl matters if I were to fight an equivalent ilvl raider with 30% more haste, more mastery, and his pve set bonus to make void bolt have no CD?

Or even just some PvE trinket doing a million damage vs my on-use 3-4K versatility?

Also, why do I have to raid hardcore to stand a chance in WPvP against PvErs who don't know wtf theeir doing? Shouldnt it be a display of skill, not who has done more raids? Doesn't really make sense for someone who dedicates 100% of their game time pvping to get !@#$ on in wpvp by someone who only pves. World PvP is garbage, dead and dominated by PvE players who never touch PvP.

Wpvp has never been based around skill, but numbers, and secondly, gear.

If a pve'r is going wpvp, guess what? He's doing pvp.
02/02/2017 05:42 PMPosted by Idun
02/02/2017 05:33 PMPosted by Qìyana
PvP gear suck !@#, I'm like 894 ilvl as Shadow. I probably do the same dps as a 850 ilvl raider because the gear is poorly itemized. Versatility sucks.

Please tell me more about how my ilvl matters if I were to fight an equivalent ilvl raider with 30% more haste, more mastery, and his pve set bonus to make void bolt have no CD?

Or even just some PvE trinket doing a million damage vs my on-use 3-4K versatility?

Also, why do I have to raid hardcore to stand a chance in WPvP against PvErs who don't know wtf theeir doing? Shouldnt it be a display of skill, not who has done more raids? Doesn't really make sense for someone who dedicates 100% of their game time pvping to get !@#$ on in wpvp by someone who only pves. World PvP is garbage, dead and dominated by PvE players who never touch PvP.

This is getting old.

WoD had scaling out in the world and lead to some of the healthiest wPvP I've ever seen.
Of course there were balancing outliers - but that's where the "wPvP Isn't balanced" thing comes from, not extreme inflation.

We also haven't had gear gaps this extreme in a single tier pretty much ever.

Gear has never mattered this much. I should not be one shotting people on my warrior here - which doesn't actually have amazing gear at all.

I didn't start playing on PvP servers until MoP, but I don't remember this kind of stuff happening until people were in heroic (mythic) raid gear - before that it wasn't "dead in 4 seconds".
01/30/2017 09:13 AMPosted by Fillyestra
PvP is dead in Legion

And nothing of value was lost.

/cheer!!!
hes right you know..seriously nothing of value was lost..also this game is based around PVE and pvp was a after thought and better known as a mini game
01/30/2017 06:54 AMPosted by Thromik
No new battleground.

Brawls don't count?
I think the brawls are pretty transformative as far as BG based content goes.
Some of the brawls change the rules drastically, like WSG capping without owning your own flag. Some BGs look different visually too, such as snow covered AB. Can't wait for the tests on the PTR in the coming fridays!

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753215660

As many people as possibly should log on and que up! Be sure to offer feedback and suggestions for the future!
02/02/2017 06:16 PMPosted by Whitecrow
01/30/2017 06:54 AMPosted by Thromik
No new battleground.

Brawls don't count?
I think the brawls are pretty transformative as far as BG based content goes.
Some of the brawls change the rules drastically, like WSG capping without owning your own flag. Some BGs look different visually too, such as snow covered AB. Can't wait for the tests on the PTR in the coming fridays!

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753215660

As many people as possibly should log on and que up! Be sure to offer feedback and suggestions for the future!

LOL
3.) People are stacking 3 MW in RBG during Legion Season 1. Its an issue because players cannot play their favorite class and their favorite spec and be competitive! Because its not the META and the gap between META class and non-META class is so significant that you will be stupid not to stack XY and Z when XY and Z can do, not twice, by three times more damage! This is why more than 60% of high rated battleground players are monks, druids and demon hunters.

This is one of my peeves, The Meta! People need to use common sense and realize meta's need to go away, but most players are so weak minded and quick to jump on the easy win train(Meta) than actually use skill to progress. I do have to admit that there are times that hurdle is so high that a handicap is needed(Meta) and I have see it and been there. I just truly believe when it comes to PvP in games people need to not mainstream and Promote Meta's it actually hurts the game in the long run or in some cases instantly.
Cann't agree mre
garbage game
bump
RIP 3v3 Arena.
Most beloved format by competitive PvP players.
Is dying an ugly, agonizing death.
Barely even mentioned in a 10 million pages long thread about the death of PvP...
WoW has never been a PvP game. The elitist PvP'ers that think they're awesome would get stomped in real competitive games that actually required skill instead of broken class combinations and poor balance.
bump, +1
02/02/2017 05:51 PMPosted by Shirt
02/02/2017 05:42 PMPosted by Idun

This is getting old.

WoD had scaling out in the world and lead to some of the healthiest wPvP I've ever seen.
Of course there were balancing outliers - but that's where the "wPvP Isn't balanced" thing comes from, not extreme inflation.

We also haven't had gear gaps this extreme in a single tier pretty much ever.

Gear has never mattered this much. I should not be one shotting people on my warrior here - which doesn't actually have amazing gear at all.

I didn't start playing on PvP servers until MoP, but I don't remember this kind of stuff happening until people were in heroic (mythic) raid gear - before that it wasn't "dead in 4 seconds".

Good doggo, she barks the truth.
I don't care to PvP though I don't have an issue with it either. I've done a few PvP WQ for Marks for mogging and at first I was nervous imagining this FFA brawl but really people, at least in my Battlegroup and the few times I've done the WQs, just ignore each other. Heck, I've had Horde hop in on an Elite kill and we work together. Honestly they've been no different that doing PvE WQs.

I won't go so far as to say "PvP is dead" but it doesn't appear all that popular in the view areas I've dipped my toes into it.
01/30/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Shirt
Blizzard should just delete lfr entirely from the game. Nothing of value will be lost.

weird how if I change it slightly you'll be upset

nope, lfr should be deleted, it sickens me
01/30/2017 09:18 AMPosted by Modor
They also need to Nerf ele shamans

of all the classes to nerf, that's not one of them.
Know what's funny? There's at least one thread every expansion that says PvP is dead. It's not a new topic. That apparently partly led to the removal of flight (besides Blizzard claiming quest design being the main cause). How'd that work out for world PvP? So PvP's been dropping off steadily with or without flight. Question then becomes why if it's not flight.

Personally, the only way to get me back into PvP is if the jerk players learned to stop be jerks (to put it nicely since the way I would put it would be censored).

Running a BG and having players insulting each other the entire time isn't fun. People would rather argue than play.

Running arena and being taunted when you're the only one left standing on your team isn't fun.

Being out in the world questing minding your own business only to be killed on a PvP server and be camped for several minutes to even several hours isn't fun.

Attempting to engage in world PvP only to be outnumbered isn't fun.

PvP is only fun if you're a jerk who likes to ruin the fun of others. I avoid PvP in WoW outside of very rare exceptions. WoW's PvP and the poor sports that participate in it put a bad taste in my mouth to even try PvP in other games. I LOATHE PvP and there's nothing that will get me to change my mind at this point.

WoW's PvP is filled with bad sportsmanship. Imagine at the World Series for baseball or the Super Bowl for football if the opposing teams attacked and taunted each other while the fans did the same. Things would get out of hand rapidly and the police would become involved. There are rules and regulations regarding being bad sports which can include being benched or fired. For fans who engage in it, it can mean jail time or fines, especially if their actions resulted in injuries or destruction of property. Why does Blizzard let it run rampant without any repercussions? Sure, we can report it but does it do anything? If it did, you'd think the number of jerks in PvP would go down because they see Blizzard has a no tolerance policy. Yet that's not the case. Everyone's response is that "it's PvP". We shouldn't be enabling people being jerks. Yet what can people do except avoid the very content that breeds them? And so PvP loses players.

While my issue for not PvPing anymore likely isn't the same for others, I'm sure many do share my opinion. And there's enough who now avoid PvP where participation keeps dropping. Blizzard's incentives in Legion with the WQs and PvP giving loot on par with PvE isn't enough to get players back into it so clearly there's another reason (or reasons) beyond rewards that people dropped out.

You know what else? People always consider abuse to be physical. Physical wounds eventually heal and scars diminish over time. Sometimes no evidence is left of the abuse after a few years while others may carry more violent scars the rest of their lives like losing a limb or an eye. There is such a thing as verbal and emotional abuse which can often take far longer to heal ... if it heals at all. Jerk PvP players engage in emotional abuse of other players. If we can charge other people in real life with physical assault, why can't we charge other people with emotional assault? Well, that's because so few recognize the pain emotional assault can cause. It's sad that Blizzard is allowing people to emotionally assault someone else without any kind of repercussion. People commit suicide over being emotionally abused. PvP, as far as I'm concerned, just promotes abuse. And I have no interest in having someone else feeling that they have free reign to abuse me for their own amusement.

PvP can bite me and go die in a fire. I won't be crying if it gets removed from the game.
Very good points. I'll be honest, I feel that this is a PvE heavy xpac and I've been busy with that stuff so I haven't not done much pvp except season 1.

At the very beginning of the xpac, if I had my weapon talent points spread about even between my feral and resto I was able to keep up with healing rbgs quite well even though I prefer feral. I'm no 2k player but I'm decent in the 1750-1900 range and it's just really disappointing playing resto just to do rbgs when I'd rather play feral.

Lead my own groups, I've been told, sure I have lead some but I'm not a great rbg leader. I lack rbg leading experience and it's not something I enjoy. I'm great at forming groups and the starting strat but it just goes downhill from there because most of the time the groups i'm with don't listen.

Anyway, I prefer battlegrounds. I love them. randoms and rated bgs are my fav. I hate arenas so much, I don't like how spammy they are or only having 1-2 other people with me. I enjoy a big group for pvp. It's just more fun like that.

After season 1 finished, I was a bit burnt out with pvp since I was doing rbgs almost every other night if not every until the team broke apart because of drama and I wasn't even asked to join the team unless I whispered someone if they were doing some and then they'd invite me. But that's just a people-problem.

Fed up with the people of rbgs and how they think they're better then everyone (even though we win a lot). Or even if we lose (we can learn from it) people were so negative about it. People are quick to blame each other for mistakes.

All in all, I think the number one reason I no longer do rbgs is because of the players i play along side with.

The second reason is the pve heavy content that i'm consumed with (plus my 2 jobs and school).

There's this 1 person on my friends list that always asks me if i'd like to join in for rbgs and i always feel bad because i'm unable to join in when they ask (i'm usually raiding or doing some PVE stuff with my guild) but I especially feel bad because they'd like me to heal but i haven't healed in a like 2 months so i'm not sure how out of practice i'd be so i feel extra bad if i do join then i'd let them down.

I believe the pvp community is to blame as well as blizzard. Both share an equal role but the heavier weight tugs on the pvp community. I feel it's just very toxic.
01/30/2017 02:25 PMPosted by Odycia
Not trolling, but has it occurred to anyone that there might just not be as much interest in PvP anymore?

I know I used to BG quite a lot. But don't really feel much incentive anymore.

Maybe there is no interest because Blizz is too incompetent to ever improve it. 10 years, and PvP is still so unbalanced I think a 5 year old with 2 crayons could do better.
PvP has never been so good as the day Ghostcrawler left.

It took someone with the incompetence of Holinka to know just how good we had it. For all GC's mistakes, nothing was on the level of the ones Holinka made.

We were spoiled.

I'd rather go back to the state PvP was in in *any* season under Ghostcrawler over any state it's been under Holinka. That's the sad truth. Even Season 5, when DKs ran the show... GC's worst showing IMHO... is only comparable to EVERY season Holinka has been in charge of, because every season has had a spec or a comp that was as absurdly overpowered.