AP Nerf Relationship with Kingsbane Hotfix

Class Development
1 2 3 6 Next
I'm really hoping for a blue post to address my thoughts here, or indicate another upcoming hotfix, but was there general awareness of the bug with Kingsbane that was recently hotfixed on the 31st, prior to the nerf to AP %? Because if not, myself, and from appearances, most of the rogue community, believe that the AP nerf should be reverted.

The Kingsbane fix is obviously necessary and valid, but the hit to dps from the Kingsbane hotfix is pretty rough, even moreso compounded by the recent AP nerf, to the point of seeming unreasonable, even from unbiased perceptions of other class players. At the very least, our current state in the dps standings, as a dedicated single role damage dealing class, should be examined again.

Thanks for your time.
Yes blizz say something, please. We are the forgotten class
Please see other thread with a growing list of people asking for some kind of acknowledgement of their concerns.
02/01/2017 02:07 PMPosted by Elyzibeth
Please see other thread with a growing list of people asking for some kind of acknowledgement of their concerns.

Indeed, did not see the prior thread before posting, indicated as such there too. This thread is basically a duplicate at this point, but hopefully we get some kind of a response/answer.
We’ve been watching this closely. Rather than tweak Agonizing Poison at this time, we’re going to increase Assassination damage by about 4% for most abilities. We’ll have that change go live as soon as we can.

That will mean a +4% damage to Deadly Poison, Death from Above, Envenom, Fan of Knives, Garrote, Hemorrhage, Kingsbane, Mutilate, Poisoned Knife, and Rupture.

Assassination Rogue Agility will be reduced by 5% in PvP at the same time.

Thank you for the feedback!
Not bad! Not bad at all!
02/01/2017 02:31 PMPosted by Kaivax
We’ve been watching this closely. Rather than tweak Agonizing Poison at this time, we’re going to increase Assassination damage by about 4% for most abilities. We’ll have that change go live as soon as we can.

That will mean a +4% damage to Ambush, Deadly Poison, Death from Above, Envenom, Fan of Knives, Garrote, Hemorrhage, Kingsbane, Mutilate, Poisoned Knife, and Rupture.

And thank you for the timely response.

That will mean a +4% damage to Ambush, Deadly Poison, Death from Above, Envenom, Fan of Knives, Garrote, Hemorrhage, Kingsbane, Mutilate, Poisoned Knife, and Rupture.

Ambush is an outlaw ability. O_O

Anyone know if this will make Alacrity more viable or are they getting both equally buffed?

Since Sub and Sin had extremely similar performance post fix, this means you'll be buffing Sub's damage by 4% as well, right?

Right?

Bueller?

Holy buckets, Kaivax, you seriously just made my day!! I've been so completely bummed since the fix. Seeing a blue post, and some actual action on the subject sent me to the moon! This kind of feed back is what will keep a community buzzing and happy.
Edited the above to add:

I don't understand why any melee spec not named Feral/Survival is receiving buffs?
Thank you Blizzard
Can't wait to see that hotfix go in to effect!
Ambush...?
I'm really hoping for a blue post to address my thoughts here...

Thanks for your time.

Thank you very much for the rapid reply, and the transparent information, greatly appreciated!
Ambush... Hahahaha.
They "know" alot about their own game.
Ambush....