I never realized...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
02/06/2017 06:06 PMPosted by Darkdeity
Again. If you're in this position and you spend enough time on a video game to buy your subscription with gold every month, then perhaps you need to reevaluate your lifestyle.

How nice and judgmental of you. Congrats.
02/06/2017 06:22 PMPosted by Vixie
02/06/2017 06:20 PMPosted by Seger
what i gotten out this thread is
sandwich universal unit of measurement

Now I'm wondering how many sandwiches tall I am and how much my rent is in sandwiches

You are still so weird. <3

Tayseri started it! Now I've been pondering the world around me using the measurements and value of a sandwiches for past 20 mins
One day I will be able to make money to buy WoW time and for other stuff I want. And need to live. And to not die a horrible death.

02/06/2017 06:20 PMPosted by Seger
what i gotten out this thread is
sandwich universal unit of measurement

Now I'm wondering how many sandwiches tall I am and how much my rent is in sandwiches

I wonder how tall am I with sandwiches. Do I just stack sandwiches on top of each other to tell my height. Also what kind of sandwiches? Different sandwiches can be different sizes, like a peanut butter sandwich or a roast beef, chicken, provolone cheese sandwich.
02/06/2017 06:24 PMPosted by Airc

Ha! Judgmental! Paladin! Humor!

But really. If your complaint is that you have to choose between food and a $15 game subscription, then perhaps some time away will help you improve your quality of life.

That's some crazy addiction stuff going on.

If I were in that boat (and I have been), I'd be more concerned about improving the amount of food in my fridge and less concerned about how much of my fictional currency will go toward a video game.
I mean, I now have to decide between a WoW sub and smashed avo and coffee at Uni. How can I truly decide?

Thanks for ruining my life Blizz ffs.
Well, it's relative of course.

15 bucks isn't much to Bill Gates.
It's a LOT to a farmer deep in rural China.
tokens are what 75K atm? 75k gold for $15 is pretty minuscule for quite a few people, especially with the amount of gold thrown at you for free last xpac (almost anyone who knew what to do from the start wound up with multiple times gold cap just from logging in every day).

EDIT: so just to clarify, wod gold cap 1million divided by 75,000 (current price of tokens) gets 13.¯3 tokens, times $15 per token nets $200 per character you had at gold cap just for playing during warlords, stuff adds up gang. What you'd buy using this money since it's just bnet cash and not actual money is entirely up to you but I'd probably struggle to spend my wowgold in bnet money without resorting to dumb stuff like overwatch lootcrates tbh.
02/06/2017 06:29 PMPosted by Dragneal
Do I just stack sandwiches on top of each other to tell my height. Also what kind of sandwiches? Different sandwiches can be different sizes, like a peanut butter sandwich or a roast beef, chicken, provolone cheese sandwich.

I'm using the subways ham n' cheese at the unverse messurement
because it's 5 bucks roughly which is what we learn the value of 3 of them is 15 bucks

Hence here what I learn so far
In currency it 5 buck in value, It's 8 to 12 inchs in length and it's about 4 inchs in height

So if your 72 inches tall its It be 18 sandwitches high
and arm span of 72 inches it be 6 -9 sandwitches length ways
02/06/2017 06:34 PMPosted by Snowfox
Well, it's relative of course.

15 bucks isn't much to Bill Gates.
It's a LOT to a farmer deep in rural China.

And some players can afford the $15/month, but they just don't think that playing WoW is currently worth that much real money to them ... which makes you wonder why they still play it at all really.

WoW is definitely worth $15/month to me, so I'm not one of those people.
Instead of looking down on others on a video game message board you should take 5 minutes out of your day to appreciate the life you've had with no hardships
02/06/2017 06:32 PMPosted by Darkdeity
02/06/2017 06:24 PMPosted by Airc

Ha! Judgmental! Paladin! Humor!

But really. If your complaint is that you have to choose between food and a $15 game subscription, then perhaps some time away will help you improve your quality of life.

That's some crazy addiction stuff going on.

If I were in that boat (and I have been), I'd be more concerned about improving the amount of food in my fridge and less concerned about how much of my fictional currency will go toward a video game.

My complaint? I didn't have any complaints. I simply stated that I hoped the OP never felt that need to decide if $15 was something he could spend on entertainment, or if he needed to save that for food. I got downvoted, though, so maybe someone wants him to feel that.

I may have to stop playing temporarily if I cannot afford tokens, but I don't feel entitled to play. I was just stating to my sister yesterday how fortunate it was that I could pay for game time with gold during this time when I've been in training to work for myself. I hope my work picks up soon, but I don't have a steady paycheck to rely on at this point.
02/06/2017 06:37 PMPosted by Seger
02/06/2017 06:29 PMPosted by Dragneal
Do I just stack sandwiches on top of each other to tell my height. Also what kind of sandwiches? Different sandwiches can be different sizes, like a peanut butter sandwich or a roast beef, chicken, provolone cheese sandwich.

I'm using the subways ham n' cheese at the unverse messurement
because it's 5 bucks roughly which is what we learn the value of 3 of them is 15 bucks

Hence here what I learn so far
In currency it 5 buck in value, It's 8 to 12 inchs in length and it's about 4 inchs in height

So if your 72 inches tall its It be 18 sandwitches high
and arm span of 72 inches it be 6 -9 sandwitches length ways

Oh okay. That does make sense.
02/06/2017 06:42 PMPosted by Tuesday
Instead of looking down on others on a video game message board you should take 5 minutes out of your day to appreciate the life you've had with no hardships

We're appreciating the sammich as measurement and its value as a currency and commodity that Seger outlined in his excellent dissertation up there. It may take me more than 5 minutes to eat a sammich though.

Look, the thing is, we're talking about paying for a video game. It's not life threatening, it's not some serious life changing decision making. Either you pay for the sub with a token or pay $15 for a game card. If you can't do either, go play something else. It's not that big a deal in the scheme of things.
It is in Venezuela :)
Even minimum wage workers can afford $15 to a game subscription. (Not saying I agree with WoWs sub system.)

Those who blame their inability to subscribe because of poverty and family, I say to you; get off your computer and help your family.
02/06/2017 05:57 PMPosted by Airc
I'm glad to hear you're well off. I hope you never get to the point where $15 is something to consider where you spend it.

This is how I see it....that is (where I live) 1.25 hours of minimum wage work for 1 month of entertainment. I know it's different in other places, but I think anyone who budgets accordingly can afford that for the game.

If not, and you spend more time farming gold to pay for your sub, you need a better job.

You can also get a 60day time card for 2.5 hours of work here.

Again, budget and put priorities right.
02/06/2017 05:48 PMPosted by Tayseri
I mean, I could get three whole sandwiches for that.

Three.

Sandwiches.

Ever heard of a loaf of bread and a package of bologna you can make yourself a lot more of said sandwiches than just three.
I just look at WoW as entertainment (which it is)

$15 a month (if you don't buy tokens) would be at most 2 tickets to see a movie. It's really not much if you budget properly. If you can't afford that, then you bigger problems to figure out.
02/06/2017 05:47 PMPosted by Nm
02/06/2017 05:30 PMPosted by Wraxel
It is to some people.
Yep if you have to chose between eating or playing wow rip wow

The trick is to come up with $20, $15 for WoW sub, $5 for a month supply of Ramen Noodles.
$14.99 was a lot more money back in 2004.