Third Relic Unlock

General Discussion
02/08/2017 12:53 PMPosted by Sergonar
02/08/2017 11:56 AMPosted by Modem
Huh? I had to do every single dungeon in legion except warden's vault and violet hold for it.

Feel free to inspect my achievements. Druid class campaign complete. Zero dungeons achievements.

How did you bypass them? do you get offered a continuation of the order hall story at some point?
02/08/2017 02:58 PMPosted by Irenika
How did you bypass them? do you get offered a continuation of the order hall story at some point?

I picked up the quests, not realizing they were dungeons at first, and then discarded them after about a week. I got the ten Sargeras Blood missions and the group of Gathering the Druids and then went off with the bunch to do the little scenario. :shrug: Just keep checking with Remulos and Rensar, I guess?
My 2c.

If you already finished an Order Hall quest line. I feel that all alts OF THAT CLASS could be given a waiver. So my Horde Priest wouldn't have to do the entire campaign my alliance priest just finished. It's the same order hall.

However I don't think it should apply to classes who's order halls I have never completed.
Idk what's up with the downvotes, but I haven't seen any comments that were out of line.
Apparently the traits added in 7.2 will be unlocked via class campaign quests, which I imagine will only make any sense if you've already done the entire campaign up to that point.
This leads me to believe the requirements will remain at least until 7.3.
I've done the druid class hall on 2 characters. The 4 dungeon quests are labeled Druid Campaign but they are not required in order to unlock the third relic slot. They are required to get all 8 of your followers though. So technically to complete the campaign you have to do dungeons but in order to unlock the 3rd relic slot -- what a lot of people consider to be the point of the campaign -- you do not have to do any dungeons.
02/08/2017 09:39 AMPosted by Starkasauras
Are there any plans to remove the third relic requirement upon reaching level 110 after leveling multiple chars?

i hope not. Unlocking them is easy.
I'm surprised anyone can dislike this. If you wanna do the quests that's cool but the straight time gating makes no sense to keep going forward. Who wants to wait 3 weeks behind order hall missions. You people that like being slaves always surprise me.
02/08/2017 06:38 PMPosted by Gabhar
I've done the druid class hall on 2 characters. The 4 dungeon quests are labeled Druid Campaign but they are not required in order to unlock the third relic slot. They are required to get all 8 of your followers though. So technically to complete the campaign you have to do dungeons but in order to unlock the 3rd relic slot -- what a lot of people consider to be the point of the campaign -- you do not have to do any dungeons.

Without all your followers it's going to take a lot longer to do those 10 missions. I'm not sure that's really a time-saver.
Not an unusual nor bad request. Alts are alts but they shouldn't be so damn flimsy when doing WQs and dungeons (if you even feel like subjecting others to your lousy scrub alts). The AP catch-up is very nice for alts and I appreciate that but the grayed out relic spot is annoying.

Hopefully there will be something reasonable to unlock that for alts in a future patch. It's not necessary but would help a lot to make the alts more useful.
I'm actually surprised the 3rd slot just hasn't been updated to be auto given to new 110s yet.
02/08/2017 04:33 PMPosted by Ayanama
This leads me to believe the requirements will remain at least until 7.3.

Probably won't relax it until artifacts are out of current play. If at all. They haven't reduced garrison costs yet, they're just kinda counting on people skipping the pricey parts.
02/08/2017 06:57 PMPosted by Vixie
Not an unusual nor bad request. Alts are alts but they shouldn't be so damn flimsy when doing WQs and dungeons (if you even feel like subjecting others to your lousy scrub alts). The AP catch-up is very nice for alts and I appreciate that but the grayed out relic spot is annoying.

Hopefully there will be something reasonable to unlock that for alts in a future patch. It's not necessary but would help a lot to make the alts more useful.

For sure, it was a nice addition.
7 quests

made me instantly log off.

Well then.

How exactly have you handled repeating anything on alts up until this point?
I just cleared normal NH with a guy that didnt have 3 relics.
02/08/2017 06:49 PMPosted by Hurk
I'm surprised anyone can dislike this. If you wanna do the quests that's cool but the straight time gating makes no sense to keep going forward. Who wants to wait 3 weeks behind order hall missions. You people that like being slaves always surprise me.

My mage hit 110 just over a week ago. She's had all 3 relics slots for about 5 days. The 5 missions are 4 hours each. The only reason it took more than a day for me after hitting 110 was because I didn't keep up with starting a new one when the old one finished. I can see why some people might feel like that 2-3 days is too long and annoying, but don't try to oversell it as 3 weeks. They're not nearly that long.
A Legendary Campaign
Complete 12 class order campaigns.

^ After doing this achievement, I can honestly say it's a pointless wall for peoples characters that should be removed.
02/08/2017 09:34 PMPosted by Cömanche
A Legendary Campaign
Complete 12 class order campaigns.

^ After doing this achievement, I can honestly say it's a pointless wall for peoples characters that should be removed.

Congrats on that - I'm envious.

( I actually want the stories more than I want the relic slots )
It's also really hard to get the Order Hall Perks unlocked. I think they nerfed the order resource yield earlier in the expac.

It's hard to get the Perks for two legendaries now. Takes a lot of farming.
02/08/2017 08:18 PMPosted by Whitecrow
7 quests

made me instantly log off.

Well then.

How exactly have you handled repeating anything on alts up until this point?

I haven't the last few alts I just stopped doing class hall !@#$ as well as skipping the entire lights hope/illidan %^-*.

I don't mind leveling, I usually hit a wall at 104, then a day or two later can grind out the last 6 levels with rested in a few hours. But that momentum instantly dies upon hitting 110 and every !@#$ing thing is gated behind quests that I already did on several of my chars.

Go collect 100 %^-*, go do 3 dungeons, do 2 quests, each take 3 hours x5 to do, if you even get a good % success rate, could take longer. Oh then go do 20 world quests.

That was fun, the first few characters. Not anymore. Let me hit 110, let me unlock my third relic right off the bat. I am not the only one thinking this at this point, its absurd. It was an absurd requirement from the start when classes like warrior were gated behind even LONGER class halls putting them at a disadvantage vs other classes.

It just needs to be adjusted and I feel will create a much better quality of life for people like me who are alt !@#$%s.