Live Developer Q&A – Submit Your Questions

General Discussion
1 2 3 28 Next
Join us live on Twitch.tv/Warcraft Thursday, February 23, at 11:00 a.m. PST (7:00 PM GMT), as we sit down with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas for our next live developer Q&A where he’ll be answering your World of Warcraft: Legion questions.

You can submit your questions here in this thread or on Twitter by using the hashtag #LegionQA.

As a reminder, please keep your questions short (40 words or less) so that we can get to as many questions as possible. We look forward to you joining us live on Thursday!
Will there be a more consistent way to get Curious Coins by the end of the expansion? The Arcadian War Turtle requires 150 and I don't see anyone managing to get the mount at the current rate before Legion ends.
Is there any plan to give a release date for 7.2 in the future?
Will the profession system be returning to the way it was before WoD or is the gating of profession leveling and basic recipe acquisition behind dungeon content going to continue in the next expansion and beyond?
What is your stance on DK mobility, and will it improve in a future patch?
Any fix in the works for other players not showing up in LFG/showing as unknown (or completely invisible) when joining group? Very annoying having to constantly /reload.

With players having multiple legendaries now, can we see equipped ilvl in LFG tool instead of the current bag ilvl. Finding out people are 10+ ilvls below what you thought they were leads to weaker groups.
Any plans to address some of the Prot Warrior community's concerns regarding magic damage mitigation, and that adequate rage gen and adequate survivability compete because Devastator and Indomitable are in the same tier?
Do you feel Protection Warriors are in an adequate state at the moment or do you share the communities sentiments on magic damage being an issue that needs addressed?
Is there or will there be a way to trigger the Professions World Quest that we need to get the Ranks for the recipes we have? #LegionQA
Any plans to address Mistweaver's lack of utility in PvE? A lot of Mythic MWs rerolling to other classes due to MW having nothing outside of healing brought to raids.
Any chance for the actual old models and animations to return in the Show New Character Models option?

Keep down voting, peasants.
Are there any plans to add new Battlegrounds for Legion? An AV style BG on Argus sounds like it would be fun!
Changes coming to Artifact Power/Knowledge in 7.2...how do those affect content that is supposed to be repeated, like PvP?
Since the game is balanced around having high DPS legendaries, most classes and specs are currently irrefutably dependent on having the BIS legendaries in order to maintain competitiveness and push high end progression. What is being done to address the players that have not won the RNG lottery that are falling further behind with each ensuing bad legendary?
Will Lore be sharing the secrets of that amazing hair of his? What does he style it with? Does it run in the family?
Any plans for reducing the large barrier to spec-swapping presented by Legendaries? Having multiple Legendaries for a single slot (e.g. Outlaw bracers, Assassination bracers, Sub bracers) is just yet another mechanic that makes it different to play multiple specs.
1. There is a lot of quality of life in various Nighthold tier bonuses that are not present in T20. Some are very large QoL. Are there plans to look at some of these baseline moving forward?

2. Juggernaut and most of the fury execute phase has been a hot topic among the warrior community/discord. Can you share any insight/thoughts about how that's working out?
Is it possible to bring back the World Defense Channel? If phasing/sharding/Crz is the issue can we just get rid of those things?

Pls
Is there any plans to add pvp templates to duels or maybe have a specific arena where people can go to duel with templates on. Dueling outside of citites was one of my favorite activites but its just not the same with how different it is from normal pvp combat now.
Question:

Unlike past expansions, Legion rewards almost infinite effort with diminishing but still meaningful returns. How would you like to iterate on this new model in 7.2 and beyond so that players continue to have plenty of engaging content but not a strong incentive to play to the point of burnout?

Context:

Until Legion, WoW had weekly power progression hardcaps with the best gear stashed in raids subject to lockouts. Legion scrapped that model with the mythic+ gear and AP systems. Now, Blizz has said "Look at all the things you can do! We have tons of rewarding content." We asked for content, and you delivered in spades. I believe that this is, overall, a good direction. Kudos.

But a portion of the player base predictably responds to this by saying "OMG, there's no way I can do all that, but I have to try to stay competitive." While extremely competitive raiding offers the most extreme example of AP grinds and chaining mythic plus for high-end optimized gear, that pressure is present even several brackets down for players working their way through Heroic and into Mythic. Some pressure is self-imposed, and some is imposed by the community.

I recall the debates over weekly valor caps inadvertently being seen as quotas, and I know you want to avoid that. I also applaud the goal of making dungeons relevant beyond gearing for the first raid of the expansion, and I think mythic+ is one way to accomplish that goal. And clearly there is a point where some measure of player responsibility required.

But I don't think the devs intended to set up a system where the players felt the pressure to grind 5-10-20+ hours of repetitive content every week that they otherwise would not choose to do just to be competitive at the content they do want to do.

Put another way: The devs go out of their way to design a game with lots of different things to do. I don't think the devs intended to design a system such that players felt discouraged from engaging in certain meaningful and new current content, because that time could be spent repetitively grinding out a very narrow slice of other content to get that next artifact trait or item level in the same content over and over just to get ready for the next raid.

Finally, I also realize that this is the first iteration of this new model, and I look forward to seeing it develop. Thanks for your hard work, and good luck!