Left WoWHead open for 24 hours...

General Discussion
Prev 1 99 100 101 105 Next
03/24/2017 12:15 PMPosted by Snowybear
Is that what you're going to hide behind?

OMg, I not hiding, lol,

03/24/2017 12:15 PMPosted by Snowybear
That the two most prominent wowhead personalities (perculia & tradeshow) can swear at, insult, and call people leeches.. but they are allowed to do that without criticism, because they can't effect actual changes at wowhead?

Well Tradechat sure did swear at someone, not sure about the leeches part, but Perculia? Come on, i would love to see some quotes were she sweared at anyone.

Actually Perculia can effect changes there,lol.

03/24/2017 12:16 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Trying to get Blizzard to delete threads on the basis of harassment and blackmail is another example of handling it badly.

Um yah, that never happened, this is a prime example of what I am talking about, pointing out that why do we need multiple threads about an issue when one thread has been extended to contain discussion is NOT trying to get Blizzard to delete threads.

Saying that an individual, or individuals, have handled something poorly while operating in their official capacity is not a personal attack.

No personal attacks are personal attacks, not talking about what you are saying there.

None of that is a personal attack though, because it's not about their personal activities; it's a judgement and criticism of their professional conduct in a professional role. If they can not handle that, then they should not be filling the role as the "face" of the company in question.

Obviously, but none of that is what I am talking about.
03/24/2017 12:17 PMPosted by Snowybear
Perculia -did- make personal attacks against me on reddit, with the mods consent.

Would have to see the whole conversation, and I am honestly curious to see this.
Um yah, that never happened, this is a prime example of what I am talking about, pointing out that why do we need multiple threads about an issue when one thread has been extended to contain discussion is NOT trying to get Blizzard to delete threads.

Oh bullcrap.

We have a bunch of links from Panzer tweeting about how this thread shouldn't be allowed to exist (and the other one) They want both gone. It's laughable to think wowhead is just trying to help with moderation by pointing out a duplicate thread (especially when they want the one the blue posted to deleted as well)

wowhead hates these threads and wants them deleted because:
1) They can't control the narrative here like they can on wowhead.
2) They can't just ban people like they do on wowhead/twitter.
3) They don't control the mods like they do on /r/wow

.. shall I link the evidence of wowhead affiliates trying to get this thread deleted?

Would have to see the whole conversation, and I am honestly curious to see this.

It's come up a few times in this thread.

I suggest READING this thread before telling us what happened in this thread.
Ok, I decided to check and see if Wowhead had changed its methods a few moments ago. It appears that they have. For the worse. SMDH

Now when I run Chrome without the adblock uBlock uBlock Origins and FlashControl one of the so called advertisements in the bottom frame (below the calendar) almost immediately (and repeatedly) attempts to load (I must have the domain blacklisted because it never quite gets to complete the load before being blocked) a badly formed ransomware script (you get the top of the ad frame and a voice alert saying Microsoft Critical Alert...then it gets disconnected and attempts to reload) as if it were trying to lock the browser and force you to either call their number (which if you get this PLEASE do not call the number just go into task manager and kill the browser process and relaunch the browser) or kill the browser process or reboot.

Good Freaking Job Wowhead Now you are actively ENCOURAGING ransomware providers on your site?

I think the time has come to just kill this site all together. I have registered a complaint with the FCC against ZAM for knowingly and willfully supporting criminal activity by their vendors.
03/24/2017 12:26 PMPosted by Snowybear
Oh bullcrap.

We have a bunch of links from Panzer tweeting about how this thread shouldn't be allowed to exist (and the other one)

I addressed that, pointing out why we need multiple threads on a topic when one topic has been extended to contain that discussion is just fine.

.. shall I link the evidence of wowhead affiliates trying to get this thread deleted?

Sure, but it doesn't exist like you think it does, it is just what I just said above.

Lol i have read this thread, and you are going all over the place here, I did not tell anyone what happened in the thread, you said

Perculia -did- make personal attacks against me on reddit, with the mods consent.

You did not say in thread, you said on Reddit, but now you want to say you have posted this exchange in this thread?

Well I will look can't really go through your post history though, but I would still love to see this exchange.

Lol at me, did not realize that was Snowfoix, yah saying that thing about conspiracy theories I guess I will give you, but you said 'attacks', was there more than just that?
lol ive kept this site open for weeks at a time and never got a popup. try scanning your computer for malware
03/24/2017 12:24 PMPosted by Studmuffyn
03/24/2017 12:17 PMPosted by Snowybear

I also agree with this, if you say that perculia did make personal attacks against you, then you should show us the screenshots. I think that as a site manager for one of the biggest fansites for one of the biggest games in the world, i dont think she would attack anyone.
Oh bullcrap.

We have a bunch of links from Panzer tweeting about how this thread shouldn't be allowed to exist (and the other one)

I addressed that, pointing out why we need multiple threads on a topic when one topic has been extended to contain that discussion is just fine.

Sure, but it doesn't exist like you think it does, it is just what I just said above.

Lol i have read this thread, and you are going all over the place here, I did not tell anyone what happened in the thread, you said

You did not say in thread, you said on Reddit, but now you want to say you have posted this exchange in this thread?

Well I will look can't really go through your post history though, but I would still love to see this exchange.

It's when the /r/wow mod came here to defend wowhead. Just look for those pages in this thread.

.. which is hilarious since the /r/wow mods don't post to General.. and yet came here because of wowhead's influence.. to deny that wowhead tries to brigade!

It's darkly ironic, when you look at it.

Anyway. The link to Perculia attacking me is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/5uxuji/wowhead_recently/ddxr4h4/ browse for where they call me a conspiracy theorist.

Still though - I'm not here asking for them to apologize.

I'm here to try and get their piece of crap site to not suck so badly.
Um yah, that never happened,

Yes it did. Ornyx stated that there had been complaints from WoWhead that the threads were blackmail and harassment, and there is a tweet from one of WoWhead's main people asking for the removal of threads critical of WoWhead.

03/24/2017 12:23 PMPosted by Studmuffyn
Obviously, but none of that is what I am talking about.

But that's the overwhelming majority of comments regarding employees of WoWhead; complaints about their professional conduct. The number of comments that could be considered a personal attack probably make up a tenth of a percent of a thread that has a couple thousand comments, and I doubt any of them lasted moderation long enough to be considered a valid complaint.
03/24/2017 12:42 PMPosted by Zarkeven
I also agree with this, if you say that perculia did make personal attacks against you, then you should show us the screenshots. I think that as a site manager for one of the biggest fansites for one of the biggest games in the world, i dont think she would attack anyone.

Well to be fair, she did refer to Snow as seeing conspiracies or suggesting them, and it was directed at Snow, but other than that, nothing like what has been leveled at her or Tradechat.
03/24/2017 12:43 PMPosted by Snowybear
Anyway. The link to Perculia attacking me is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/5uxuji/wowhead_recently/ddxr4h4/ browse for where they call me a conspiracy theorist.

Um she said
Players start conspiracies that Wowhead has a voting brigade

which you twist into what you said.

03/24/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Yes it did. Ornyx stated that there had been complaints from WoWhead that the threads were blackmail and harassment, and there is a tweet from one of WoWhead's main people asking for the removal of threads critical of WoWhead

Yes , how many times do I have to repeat this, bringing up why do we need multiple threads on the same subject when we have a thread extended for discussion of that topic is not doing what you said, it is no different than the LEgacy server topic.

03/24/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Bomdanil
But that's the overwhelming majority of comments regarding employees of WoWhead; complaints about their professional conduct. The number of comments that could be considered a personal attack probably make up a tenth of a percent of a thread that has a couple thousand comments, and I doubt any of them lasted moderation long enough to be considered a valid complaint.

Yah and no one has a problem with legit criticism, never said anyone did.
Yes , how many times do I have to repeat this, bringing up why do we need multiple threads on the same subject when we have a thread extended for discussion of that topic is not doing what you said, it is no different than the LEgacy server topic.

This thread was one of the ones they tried to get closed down. The other threads pre-dated this one by several days as well. So to recap; they tried to close down threads about this subject that existed before the extended thread, and they tried to get the extended thread closed down on the grounds that the flurry of threads about WoWhead had reached a point where they were feeling harassed.

Now let me ask you:

If they had succeeded in getting the other threads deleted as "repeat topics", despite being older than this thread, and managed to get this thread deleted on the basis of the blackmail and harassment violation, how many threads would have been available to discuss WoWhead's awful ad problem?

Collect your prize if you said "None", because "none" would have been the correct answer.

03/24/2017 12:51 PMPosted by Studmuffyn
Yah and no one has a problem with legit criticism, never said anyone did.

Except you, and the reddit moderator that came by to defend his demand that everyone upvote WoWhead posts and downvote anyone that was critical of WoWhead, and the WoWhead people that have come through the thread, and the small group of people who came through here to throw digital mud at us for not bending over for WoWhead after years of problems.

But yeah, sure go with claiming that "no one has a problem with legit criticism".
03/24/2017 01:12 PMPosted by Bomdanil
This thread was one of the ones they tried to get closed down. The other threads pre-dated this one by several days as well. So to recap; they tried to close down threads about this subject that existed before the extended thread, and they tried to get the extended thread closed down on the grounds that the flurry of threads about WoWhead had reached a point where they were feeling harassed.

Not it was not, and no once again the only comment was what I said.

If they had succeeded in getting the other threads deleted as "repeat topics", despite being older than this thread, and managed to get this thread deleted on the basis of the blackmail and harassment violation, how many threads would have been available to discuss WoWhead's awful ad problem?

Collect your prize if you said "None", because "none" would have been the correct answer.

Well once we had the extended thread, then there is nothing wrong with that.

Also lets not misrepresent who said what, Blizzard is the only one who said blackmail.

No once again the comment was just what I have said repeatibly.

Except you, and the reddit moderator that came by to defend his demand that everyone upvote WoWhead posts and downvote anyone that was critical of WoWhead

Ok now quote where I had problem with people talking about ad issues or problems with the site, I will wait......

But yeah, sure go with claiming that "no one has a problem with legit criticism".

No one does.
Not it was not

What do you think they were doing when they reported the thread for being a form of harassment and saying that topics about them had started to reach the point of being blackmail?

Well once we had the extended thread, then there is nothing wrong with that.

Asking to have all past threads deleted because one was given an extension several days later, while trying to get the extended thread shut down as well, is shady as hell.

03/24/2017 01:29 PMPosted by Studmuffyn
No one does.

Except you, and the reddit moderator that came by to defend his demand that everyone upvote WoWhead posts and downvote anyone that was critical of WoWhead, and the WoWhead people that have come through the thread, and the small group of people who came through here to throw digital mud at us for not bending over for WoWhead after years of problems.
Sorry, Stud...

I don't know what kind of personal connection you have to those that run Wowhead, but Snow and Bom are 100% right about this.

You (and the wowhead staff & other shills) are trying to get threads about how bad wowhead really is closed by devolving them into arguing matches about who said what to whom.

Perc owes Snow an apology. Beyond that, their site is still trash and will be continuously reported to google & their host until such time as it gets fixed.
and the reddit moderator that came by to defend his demand that everyone upvote WoWhead posts and downvote anyone that was critical of WoWhead

In before someone tries to claim that never happened either.

.. but it did. We have and kept the evidence.
03/24/2017 02:03 PMPosted by Snowybear
and the reddit moderator that came by to defend his demand that everyone upvote WoWhead posts and downvote anyone that was critical of WoWhead

It definitely happened. I'm still banned on the wow subreddit because I was critical of Wowhead (without using any personal attacks even.) I just posted negatively about Wowhead, and bam. Banned.

Why?

Because the mods (at least one or two of them) are friends with the wowhead staff and the wowhead staff couldn't tolerate any of the negative truths about their site.

(Hmm... I really should make some kind of issues with wowhead subreddit where it wouldn't be so heavily moderated...)
03/24/2017 02:22 PMPosted by Fillyestra
(Hmm... I really should make some kind of issues with wowhead subreddit where it wouldn't be so heavily moderated...)

Done.

Snow, I'd like to take your list of issues and make it a sticky there, unless you'd rather post it yourself?
03/24/2017 01:35 PMPosted by Bomdanil
What do you think they were doing when they reported the thread for being a form of harassment and saying that topics about them had started to reach the point of being blackmail?

They did that? and of course you have proof? The only time i heard the word blackmail was the blue post.

03/24/2017 01:35 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Asking to have all past threads deleted because one was given an extension several days later, while trying to get the extended thread shut down as well, is shady as hell.

No , it is was is always done when that happens.

Posted by Studmuffyn
No one does.

Still waiting on your proof about me having issues with people discussing issues with the ads or site performance.

03/24/2017 01:45 PMPosted by Fillyestra
Sorry, Stud...

I don't know what kind of personal connection you have to those that run Wowhead, but Snow and Bom are 100% right about this.

Well no they are not.

You (and the wowhead staff & other shills) are trying to get threads about how bad wowhead really is closed by devolving them into arguing matches about who said what to whom.

Ok now you accuse me trying to get threads deleted now, come on now, I only speak up when someone strays from the actual issues and takes things personal or makes something out of a quote that was not there.

Perc owes Snow an apology. Beyond that, their site is still trash and will be continuously reported to google & their host until such time as it gets fixed.

No she does not, and do whatever you like ,lol.

03/24/2017 02:03 PMPosted by Snowybear

Well you will only see what you want to see so keep all the 'evidence' you want.
03/24/2017 02:32 PMPosted by Fillyestra
03/24/2017 02:22 PMPosted by Fillyestra

Done.

Snow, I'd like to take your list of issues and make it a sticky there, unless you'd rather post it yourself?

Go ahead. I grant everyone the right to copy it.

Facts and evidence. That's our best tool against what wowhead does.