Why are people so opposed to mythics?

General Discussion
1 2 3 29 Next
Is it JUST because you can't queue for them?

I decided I'd get the weekly done on my DH and DK so that's 8 mythics. I finished up my last 3 this evening and ALL of them were a pleasant experience. I was able to get into good chill groups that got it done.

Now I'm not saying group finder is perfect or its all sunshine and cupcakes but the majority of interactions are good.

Get out and give it a try.
I dislike Mythic plus if only because if one person leaves you are screwed!
Zerde's comment is why I don't go into Mythics: I would be that person that leaves because I have things that frequently pop up and interrupt happy game time. So I don't enter Mythic+.

I have nothing against it otherwise.
I think people dislike the plus because if someone leaves you are generally boned. People dislike regular because you can't queue, which means some people find it hard to get into a ground, I personally dislike them because I hate how it takes like 30 minutes just to get the group all set and ready to go. I'll run them, main, alt, whatever, but they can be a pain to organize.
02/06/2017 08:27 PMPosted by Ryuk
Is it JUST because you can't queue for them?

I decided I'd get the weekly done on my DH and DK so that's 8 mythics. I finished up my last 3 this evening and ALL of them were a pleasant experience. I was able to get into good chill groups that got it done.

Now I'm not saying group finder is perfect or its all sunshine and cupcakes but the majority of interactions are good.

Get out and give it a try.
It's probably part "you can't queue for them" and part "getting declined hurts their feelings".

Oh, and part "too lazy to host their own group".

I get people not liking group content to begin with, but if you're already running norms and heroics, mythic +0s aren't bad enough to be worth complaining about.
i dont usually pug m+, not because im afraid of people dropping but because people require 890+ for a +2 key. i wait for guildies to post keys and do them that way
02/06/2017 08:34 PMPosted by Zorrya
I think people dislike the plus because if someone leaves you are generally boned. People dislike regular because you can't queue, which means some people find it hard to get into a ground, I personally dislike them because I hate how it takes like 30 minutes just to get the group all set and ready to go. I'll run them, main, alt, whatever, but they can be a pain to organize.

How on Earth does it take you half an hour? Last few groups I made, I started in Dalaran, left on the flight path, and the group was formed by the time I made it to the dungeon. 5 minutes, tops.
Not opposed to them at all. Could care less. Not my cup of tea, so I don't do them. Run heroic, and time walk dungeons, and that's about it. Just wish they would do more than one time walk event a month.
I think what people dislike the most is the rejection, just an average dps (which makes up the bulk of the population) gets rejected a hell of a lot before they get into a group.
02/06/2017 08:39 PMPosted by Sanarel
02/06/2017 08:34 PMPosted by Zorrya

How on Earth does it take you half an hour? Last few groups I made, I started in Dalaran, left on the flight path, and the group was formed by the time I made it to the dungeon. 5 minutes, tops.

I'm the one sitting at the dungeon waiting. I pick one, go sit outside of it and apply for those groups. It's more so the sitting around waiting for the rest of it to fill (general the mythic+ which is fair as people are allowed to be choosy with their stones) or everyone to slowly trickle in that takes forever. If its something I can queue for I'm at least able to roam around and do quests or something while I wait and just get ported in.
It's a combination of fear of rejection and their unwillingness to start their own group.
I think the name is rather intimidating and group finder mentality is to outgear it entirely.

But mythic and +2 keys are cake. We were carrying guild healers and DPS who just hit 110 on my tanks last week for the weekly.

But I'm in a good place with this guild. I never fail to find a group for content.
02/06/2017 08:35 PMPosted by Archlordpie
Oh, and part "too lazy to host their own group".

Sometimes it's just inexperience or timidity, not laziness, that keeps people from hosting their own group. That's especially true when the group activity involved is considered "serious business" with no margin of error allowed by some of the group members.
I think M+ are a waste of time. Too much RNG for such little reward. You either spam them for AP burnout or spend the entire week searching for a pug to get hte highest you can done for thw weekly chest that will 99 out 100 times give you crap.

The affixes tend to suck. The generic damage and hp ones slow you down a ton and the more annoying ones like necrotic are just a nightmare in some cases.

If i could choose the item I get I'd like them more, even limit to a certian instance or boss would be nice. As a raider it's gotten to the point it feels like a requirement to do a 14-15 each week so i can "maybe" get a peice of useful gear that's keeps me competitve. And I don't like that "maybe."
I've grown a dislike for applying for PUGs back in Wrath and early Cata, when most group listings ended with "no hunters" and I got instantly rejected from ones that did consider me because I'd refuse to switch from BM.

And I don't truly enjoy spending time waiting to form/join groups that may or may not even prosper in the content (especially when one screw-up can render a run null and void for a whole WEEK). Heroic dungeons and LFR raids give me the ability to enjoy other things while I do the waiting.

I'm not really in this for the high-end content anyway, I'm in it 75% for the story and 25% for collecting mounts/pets/etc. So I don't feel I'm missing out on anything, expect for CoS, Arcway, and Karazhan. But that gets remedied in 7.2.
02/06/2017 08:50 PMPosted by Zorrya
02/06/2017 08:39 PMPosted by Sanarel

I'm the one sitting at the dungeon waiting. I pick one, go sit outside of it and apply for those groups. It's more so the sitting around waiting for the rest of it to fill (general the mythic+ which is fair as people are allowed to be choosy with their stones) or everyone to slowly trickle in that takes forever. If its something I can queue for I'm at least able to roam around and do quests or something while I wait and just get ported in.

What is stopping you from making your own group and roaming around doing quests while the requests trickle through? I would genuinely like to know.
I used to be the same, I was kinda scared of forming groups, but ever since I tried, its been a lot easier.
Mythic are easy for you because you're their intended audience.

There are players who for physical, technical, or social factors cannot run group content.

If you cannot empathize with other points of view then you won't ever understand.
To answer the initial question, what makes people scared of mythic dungeons?

I think the reasons are twofold. One, it bears the name "Mythic", which has connotations of the hardest difficulty content in WoW. And two, people actually have to be more social than just a "thanks for the group" at the end of the dungeon, and I think that can be scary for a lot of people.

In fact, I know the social aspect is scary for people. And I know this, because I played from Cata to WoD almost entirely solo, only queueing for heroic dungeons. It can be intimidating for people to take that leap into social content, and I totally get it.
02/06/2017 09:01 PMPosted by Sanarel
02/06/2017 08:50 PMPosted by Zorrya

What is stopping you from making your own group and roaming around doing quests while the requests trickle through? I would genuinely like to know.
I used to be the same, I was kinda scared of forming groups, but ever since I tried, its been a lot easier.

Because even if I made my own group I'd still be waiting at the entrance. Because if I'm trying to run an instance I'm not going to be punching murlocs on the other side of the continent. Ill quest while I queue bgs, skirmishes, lfr, heroics, because I'm not inconveniencing anyone by being away from the dungeon but thats not true with mythics. It's the polite thing to do to for the group to not waste people's time.
Alot of hate on mythic + in here. But they weren't the weekly, mythics were.

I did the weekly on 5 110s, all of which had 2-3 people stick around for all 4. I invite anyone 835+ because they aren't hard, it's like running heroics in WOD.

I just make groups and say in the description "running mos>nl>brh>vh for weekly" and would get full groups easy.