Question about Update of facial texture

General Discussion
I am very curious, since a lot of people want their race to have an updated look and so forth.

I have a question, is this for the sake of looking at it before you log into the game, "character selection screen" when you can actually see the texture?

Because in game I have no idea what the mage, hunter, paladin, gnome ect even look like, unless I kill them and zoom in to see "AHH-HAA" that's what you look like...!

Unless the little player Icon is what people want to see changed as well, but even then unless you are always in melee range and kinda looking at the other player's face to see if they are a "happy face or an angry face, do they have a beard" while you mash your 2-3 button rotation, I don't know..

Just thought I'd like to hear it form you guys, am I missing something when I say this during play environment?
RP is still a thing. You do look at other character's faces. Do you mean to tell me when you get a new piece of armor, you don't zoom in to check it out on your character? Or when you're afking in Dal, you don't zoom in and check out how cool you look? Am I playing this game wrong?
01/26/2017 11:50 AMPosted by Atromnis
RP is still a thing. You do look at other character's faces. Do you mean to tell me when you get a new piece of armor, you don't zoom in to check it out on your character? Or when you're afking in Dal, you don't zoom in and check out how cool you look? Am I playing this game wrong?

i am referring to your "face" not armor... I look at my armor as whole and it looks nice, but i don't really zoom into other character face to see what they look like. to zoom all the way in and zoom all the way out to see if that person had a mustache?! sounds funny :) Unless people use this feather on in zone that are not pvp enable to actually stalk someone to see what they look like close up...

Just curious.
Machinima
Assuming by "player icon" you mean the portrait on your health frame, then yeah, my portrait (and therefore my toon's face) is visible on my screen the majority of the time. I also see my toon's face every time I inspect myself to e.g. look at my gear.

I don't need to zoom in, in both of those cases my face is pretty well visible unless I'm wearing a helmet that covers it (I usually don't, and did even less pre-model-update)
01/26/2017 11:46 AMPosted by Cholie
I have a question, is this for the sake of looking at it before you log into the game, "character selection screen" when you can actually see the texture?

I imagine this is all a lot of people do. There are some of us who do look at our characters though, esp when I used to RP. There's a reason that when you play a game with heavier customization there tends to be a lot of very pretty characters along with the occasional goofy one.

I want to be pretty too :(
Yo OP, take a good look at my face and my googly eyes and tell me I don't need a makeover. Some people care very much about their appearance, after all why do we even have the choice to creat a character?
01/26/2017 12:04 PMPosted by Viera
01/26/2017 11:46 AMPosted by Cholie

I imagine this is all a lot of people do. There are some of us who do look at our characters though, esp when I used to RP. There's a reason that when you play a game with heavier customization there tends to be a lot of very pretty characters along with the occasional goofy one.

I want to be pretty too :(

Ahh I see... I was just trying to picture in the world environment where everything appears so much bigger then our visual faces which is why I was puzzled. form RP aspect yeah it does.
01/26/2017 12:28 PMPosted by Kathilorene
Yo OP, take a good look at my face and my googly eyes and tell me I don't need a makeover. Some people care very much about their appearance, after all why do we even have the choice to creat a character?

Scary!! I don't want to be red riding hood... :(
01/26/2017 12:40 PMPosted by Cholie
Ahh I see... I was just trying to picture in the world environment where everything appears so much bigger then our visual faces which is why I was puzzled. form RP aspect yeah it does.

To put it in perspective, I zoom all the way out when I PVP/Raid, and I zoom in when I'm not. I do look at my face quite often, and I am fond of it, which is why I don't have a helmet on my transmog.
01/26/2017 12:40 PMPosted by Cholie
I was just trying to picture in the world environment where everything appears so much bigger then our visual faces which is why I was puzzled.

I mean, again, you don't really need to zoom in big to see your toon's face. A lot of the different face textures are plenty visible just at the scale of the default inspect frame.

When it comes to the tiny stuff that some games have like customized eyebrow thickness, yeah I do find that to be a little weird but idk.