The Final Expansion

General Discussion
If you think about it logically, this expansion is pretty much the only way you could go for an ending. We have weapons of myth and legend. We fight beside characters of lore and titan keepers.

If Blizzard makes a new expansion, there will be problems. Such as, what happens to the artifact weapons? Do we keep them and they get even more powerful? If that is the case, then people who just joined the game would be headed into the next expansion with an incredibly weak artifact weapon. They would hit 110 with the few traits that all of us had at that point with only 30 to 40 item levels added. Whereas we current players would have 920 item level artifact weapons with maxed out traits.

If they remove them, then the guy who just joined the game, reaches 110 and enters the next expansion with a weak artifact weapon and gets whipped in the opening quests. And Blizzard would have to find an explanation as to how we found weapons more powerful than even Ashbringer.

I think the only logical move passed Legion would be to finish off Sargaras at the end of Legion and move on to the Void Lords and give a HUGE catch much mechanic to whatever new players they get.

Your guys' thoughts?
Well lad, I don't think they're just going to be "given away".
Blizz has mentioned that they won't keep them, so they have to find logical ways.
We can't replace the strongest weapon, Ashbringer. What's the step?
Perhaps we give them to seal off a legion portal at the tomb of sargeras, or perhaps in 7.3 we go to argus instanced and seal off stuff there with it.
Or perhaps a champion is going to sacrifice themself, and we give them our juiced up weapon as a blessing of luck.
We won't have these super godly powerful weapons anymore, and we'll still be able to use non-artifact
01/29/2017 12:49 AMPosted by Githiel
Your guys' thoughts?

You ignored all the set up for a naga/old god xpac and the fact there are still bigger bads out there.
We are going to use the power inside our weapons and "sacrifice" them, in order to either empower or cleanse Illidan.
From a financial point of view, I definitely don't think this being the last expansion is terribly logical.
In my opinion I think the only way this game should have/will was acquiring the Artifacts we have now to defeat Sargeras after all of Azeroths oldest and wisest heroes fell. That and fight along side the Lich King and old enemies in a truce because admit.

Even the new Lk has a relationship with the heroes of Azeroth like batman and joker. They like fighting one another.

EDIT:Oh also when we kill the final boss of world of Warcraft one of our characters die..... forever.
They already said that there's going to be logical reasons as to why we get rid of our weapons. Probably something like with the threat gone we can put them to rest or something super cliche like that.
No it's not , you have no idea about lore and even after they bring a Void Lords expansion they can continue the game with 20+ more expansions of other lesser things (Everquest has like 23 expansions).

The artifact weapon system is just a test to see how things will work in the future. Plus artifacts are not getting removed, they will just not level after 110, the people who make new characters at lvl 100 will still be able to do the artifact questlines.
The only thing I can think of is we hand them over to members of the Army of Light after we deal a crippling blow to the Burning Legion while they continue the war effort on Argus or other Burning Legion worlds.

Then we go home and bam old gods/naga then we are like awww !@#$ apparantly I still needed that weapon...
Off the top of my head, we still need to kill 1 more old god, azshara, sargeras proper, and then void lords. Then and only then can we attempt the true final boss of wow: gorefiend.

Artifact weapons will be sacrficed in a cinematic or something.
The Galactic Gnomes return from the other side of the galaxy.

Massive for their size, they nearly stand shoulder to shoulder with man.
I highly doubt this will be the last one. However when it does happen I imagine they just leave the servers on and people just do what they want. Maybe add small patches here and there and that's it.
It will be us vs the "Void Lords"

After that the only thing left for an expansion (as far as I can see) is player housing.
>->

I'm sure that by then they will either:
A) give up making money off wow
or
B) come up with more plots.
For our Artifacts, chances are high we lose them or they get drained or sacrificed somehow during the lead up events to the next expansion. It would be easy to have a mandatory quest everyone must go through to progress into the expansion, Broken Shore style, and that quest breaks the Artifact in some dramatic event.

There were some mentions from devs that they were undecided whether the whole Artifact system with traits and AP would be constrained as a Legion-only feature or carried on further. Personally, I tend to think they'll go with the former and take the Artifacts away the moment we step foot out of Legion, less pitfalls that way.

As for a next expansion, pretty likely we're either taking the fight to demon worlds across the Twisting Nether, or to Queen Azshara and the last Old God in the Great Sea. Both could work in either order.
Warcraft has survived this long by basically making it up as they go along. They'll be able keep it going as long as there's money to be made.

They had no idea that there would be a WCII when they made the first one. They had no idea there would be a WCIII when they made the second. They never, ever imagined that WoW would live on for over a decade. They were probably amazed that they were able to keep it going long enough to warrant an expansion, let alone six.

What I'm interested in seeing is if they will ever attempt another WC RTS game.
Nah.

This expansion has killed off a lot of named characters, leaving a lot of gaps in what used to be the motivational force of the horde-alliance conflict as we've experienced it so far.

I think this could pave the way for a more faction-centric expansion, in terms of content.

All storyline aside though, I doubt this is the last expansion just because why would you voluntarily end a thing that makes several hundred million dollars or more per year?
01/29/2017 01:05 AMPosted by Vail
They already said that there's going to be logical reasons as to why we get rid of our weapons. Probably something like with the threat gone we can put them to rest or something super cliche like that.
Sure there will be a logical reason the new weapons will be better.
01/29/2017 09:24 PMPosted by Blackgoddess
01/29/2017 01:05 AMPosted by Vail
Sure there will be a logical reason the new weapons will be better.

Well, of course. Logically speaking, why should I continue using Ashbringer, blade of the highlord, a powerful & proven weapon that has taken more lives & slain more demons & undead than any other being alive, when I could instead use this shiny green thing that just fell off a crab in this new land I just discovered?
We are the heroes of the legends now, we faced old gods and void lords, so artifacts will be outdated and since we are the strongest heroes I think we will forge our own artifact, I would love a system where you can choose differents part of your weapon like the character creation but with weapons
This nonsense comes up every expansion. No, this isn't the last one, I'm guessing we'll see at least 10+ more expansions. EQ is on 22 or something like that.