Am I going to be able to renew my sub?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
02/06/2017 08:50 PMPosted by Tornat
They been in the game over a year , im sorry world of warcraft is not worth 200$ a year , 250$ a year when it's expansion drop this game is very $$.

Not worth $200 a year? Maybe not to you. But the only reason you could play for gold was because there was someone out there who not only paid $15 a month but also dropped $20, $40, who knows how much cash? on buying tokens to sell for gold.
02/06/2017 08:28 PMPosted by Chevalblanc
I see a lot of people complaining about this and I completely understand. There are people who actively work with their professions and unfortunately I'm not one of them, so I usually have to go out and gather xx,000 worth of Herbs in order to pay for my sub. I'm okay with that - it's my own doing. What I'm really concerned with is supply and demand. No matter what the cost is I'll have to deal with it, but in the next two weeks if I farm 100-150k to buy a token are they STILL going to be sold out? I don't and haven't budgeted for $15/mo WoW sub for many years now, and I don't want to - is there still hope for this attitude?

Can't afford $15/month? It might be time to play a free game then, pal. That's just reality. The tokens haven't always been here, but now people have come to rely on them heavily. If you can't get one, maybe it's time to move on...
02/06/2017 09:44 PMPosted by Reszyn
02/06/2017 09:27 PMPosted by Vanirfae
Yeah it sucks to get in an accident and blow out your knee, not be able to get any medical help, get fired because now you aren't physically capable of doing your job anymore, and end up hobbling and in constant pain still six months later desperately trying to find a job you can do now before you run out of cash and lose your car and everything. But you knew "my situation" already, right? No I can NOT spare even a lousy $15 now, no I can't. Oh before you say it, I'm staying with a very good friend, cause no job no money no help from our lovely government. And yeah, I'm royally piszed about this entire situation. So I hope you understand when I say, scr3w you.

I don't wish you any will of course, but i also don't really care about your sob story tbh. If you can't afford your hobby then that sucks for you but its not my problem and not blizzards fault.

Sounds like you were just playing the game to farm gold to continue playing the game. Look on the bright side, now you're free to get a job.

I see reading comprehension isn't your strong point. Understandable, you being a retard and all.
If I buy a token for cash, can I gift it to someone? or do I have to sell it on the AH?
02/06/2017 08:41 PMPosted by Vanirfae
I don't think blizz realizes how many will just stop playing if they can't afford tokens off the AH anymore. The bottom line is there are FTP games out there that are indeed just as good if not better than WoW. Two I play, you buy the expansion then there is no monthly fee. They are also on the newer engines and look awesome. Why would I pay cash to play WoW when I can play those games for free? Answer, I won't.

I mean they won't though. Your gold doesn't pay the sub. The person who paid real life money did when they bought the token.... People will buy the tokens because they demand is high.

Some people might not be able to play, but for sure the Tokens are selling like hot cakes and those are the people paying real money for subs.
02/07/2017 04:02 AMPosted by Strattasong

I don't wish you any will of course, but i also don't really care about your sob story tbh. If you can't afford your hobby then that sucks for you but its not my problem and not blizzards fault.

Sounds like you were just playing the game to farm gold to continue playing the game. Look on the bright side, now you're free to get a job.

I see reading comprehension isn't your strong point. Understandable, you being a retard and all.

His reading comprehension is fine. This guy with a blown out knee can now stop playing WOW and devote 100% of his time toward finding a job he CAN do (there are many that don't require standing or even using your legs. Desk jobs all day in which you just sit in front of your computer, just like WoW, but instead you get paid to do it, like my job) instead of playing WoW all day and complaining about how it's the government's fault he's lazy and wastes time all day playing games instead of, again, searching for a job that doesn't require using his legs.

(There are many jobs that do not require using your legs. Like, legitimately any desk job. Oh, also, he could be spending his time going to online school to learn more skills to broaden his opportunities instead of playing WoW all day so he can get a desk job that doesn't require use of his legs. Like an accounting job at a tax firm or something.)
02/06/2017 08:48 PMPosted by Mooriartee
I held back on buying up Tokens before now because it was unknown whether the old tokens would work the same as the new tokens, or whether there would even be a difference, which apparently there is not.

Now you can't even buy a single token for a month's sub, and as I am unable to even scrape together $15/month (due to medical bills, food, utilities, etc.), looks like I may be taking a break from the game in a couple of weeks, simply because I cannot obtain at token at any price, since every time I've checked the AH, there have been none to buy.

Hopefully the price climbs enough that people slow down buying them for gold before my sub is up so that I can at least buy one token, but if not, I may be screwed and ending my WoW playing days much soon than I thought I would be.

/sadcow

i didnt wait. i cashed in it was awesome :D
02/07/2017 06:31 AMPosted by Geurilla
If I buy a token for cash, can I gift it to someone? or do I have to sell it on the AH?

You have to sell it.
02/06/2017 08:28 PMPosted by Chevalblanc
Herbs

after this herbs are not going to worth that much since gold is much of value than herbs.. everyone with a brain will cash in bloods for herbs..
I don't think blizz realizes how many will just stop playing if they can't afford tokens off the AH anymore. The bottom line is there are FTP games out there that are indeed just as good if not better than WoW. Two I play, you buy the expansion then there is no monthly fee. They are also on the newer engines and look awesome. Why would I pay cash to play WoW when I can play those games for free? Answer, I won't.

"Free to play" not considering content walls and nickle/dime transactions. :)
If too many peeps can't afford tokens, price will drop to meet demand. Lots will splurge, too, and the funds will dry up on the demand side, resulting in cheaper tokens. People are unloading atm.
I have 1 friend in game and have told her that she is free to use gold from either of the guild banks i have.

I'm not short of gold on any of the realms I play on in part because of the amount of characters i have and the amount of dailies i've done over the years.
02/07/2017 07:48 AMPosted by Zeldei

"Free to play" not considering content walls and nickle/dime transactions. :)
If too many peeps can't afford tokens, price will drop to meet demand. Lots will splurge, too, and the funds will dry up on the demand side, resulting in cheaper tokens. People are unloading atm.

I've encountered no content walls. The nickle and dime store transactions are all vanity items, purely optional and not needed to just play the game. I bought the games on sale and haven't spent one penny on them since.
02/07/2017 07:42 AMPosted by Strattasong
02/07/2017 07:32 AMPosted by Stiorra

His reading comprehension is fine. This guy with a blown out knee can now stop playing WOW and devote 100% of his time toward finding a job he CAN do (there are many that don't require standing or even using your legs. Desk jobs all day in which you just sit in front of your computer, just like WoW, but instead you get paid to do it, like my job) instead of playing WoW all day and complaining about how it's the government's fault he's lazy and wastes time all day playing games instead of, again, searching for a job that doesn't require using his legs.

(There are many jobs that do not require using your legs. Like, legitimately any desk job. Oh, also, he could be spending his time going to online school to learn more skills to broaden his opportunities instead of playing WoW all day so he can get a desk job that doesn't require use of his legs. Like an accounting job at a tax firm or something.)

Not only a lack of reading comprehension on YOUR end as well but wow are you an azzhole or what! Too bad so sad you're injured and in pain and can't get help but you just aren't doing enough cause you're lazy. Really? In case you didn't know, I do NOT play WoW all damn day, and also you job search online now, no one takes walk-in's for job interviews anymore. Also where in the hell did I say I was a damned accountant? OMG just f u c k off jerk.

I don't normally jump in on these thing but here we go. As soon as you name called your argument went down hill. All he said was that with your situation the best thing to due is probably stop playing the game and devote more time to job searching. Looking for a job that doesn't require standing all day, like and accountant. He never said that you were and accountant. It was an example.

Are some of the points people are trying to make a little poor on delivery? Ya, probably. However, it's pretty simple to just skip over and not let it bother you if you are doing everything you can to find a job. Your reaction tells us that you aren't looking for one as hard as you could be.

Now, before you go spouting off that I suck at reading and whatnot understand I know your situation. I've been there where I couldn't afford my rent and I went days without eating so my kids would have full stomachs. I know the feeling of being in constant pain. I'm considered legally handicapped due to my military service as my knees are shot and I cant lift my elbow up past my shoulders for longer than five seconds without intense pain. I deal with it every day doing my job because I enjoy what i do.

Now, like everyone else is saying the market will drop again once everyone buys all the crap they want in other games. if you have to take a few months off then take a few months off and wait it out. This whole "the sky is falling" mentality is old. Everything levels back out with time.
I just couldn't keep quiet. People are talking like they always have had tokens forever. You had tokens less than 20% of the time WoW has been out.

Keep in mind, Blizzard has kept their sub prices the same for 10+ years and haven't charged us for inflation ever. Yet I'm sure they have faced that internally cause I mean they still have to pay for employees, servers etc. AND account for inflation within.

If you enjoy the game, you shouldn't have a problem trying to earn 15$ a month.
Heck wash some cars, mow lawns, baby sit for it.. so many things you can do.

And if you earn enough purchase a sub for lower $/month. You save more $. Consider it a bonus. Devote some time to farm otherwise.
How can people not afford this game? I have 2 kids and a wife, we make enough to get by, I still find room in my budget for $14.99 a month. I skip eating out for a week and can literally save about $30. That's 2 months right there.

Unless you need to ask for an allowance raise?
To mirror other posters, if you CANNOT afford $15 a month to play this game, I dont care what your story is, you SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING.

There are other, and quite frankly more important things in your life that need to be addressed.

I would hazard that the average person who takes the time to post in these forums plays multiple hours a day. You can get a job at WM as a greeter (yo can do that in a wheelchair or other limitations for a few hours a day) and make $10+ an hour.

So, if you dont want to make up the difference in-game, go get a new or second job and quite frankly, quit WOW until you get your real life in order.
02/06/2017 11:15 PMPosted by Exist
Apparently I lack compassion. If you cannot afford to pay for wow, you should not be spending time playing video games. You need to be out busting your !@# looking for your basic essentials; food, water, clothing, shelter. Entertainment may have some beneficial aspect to health, but if you honestly cannot afford $ 15 USD a month (in NA) then your life is seriously in jeopardy and you need to adjust. I wish you the best, but you need to quit wow.

+1
02/07/2017 04:02 AMPosted by Strattasong

I see you're up bright and early to hit the forums & resume yelling at people about how unfair life is. I do hope you at least checked your resume & department of labor updates first.