Double Australia Tax with Tokens

General Discussion
02/06/2017 09:19 PMPosted by Hamstar
It is because nobody likes Aussies. Like I said it is highly doubtful we'll even invite you guys to WW3.

Instead we just help with the BS wars like Iraq...
It's because they priced it based on the character service pricing, which was set a few years ago when the exchange rate was a lot closer. A recustomize costs 16.50 so a token gives you $17 to cover that, vs $15/15 for the US. Technically it means we get 50c left over, though that doesn't really help much when everything they've added to the store more recently is priced much, much higher in comparison to the US pricing.
I was always under the perception that American games/goods cost more in Australia due to "import" tariffs, or perhaps currency exchange rates or specific Australian taxes/laws, and not very much in Blizzard's control.

I don't live in Australia though, so I could easily be wrong.

That said though, it wouldn't be surprising to me at all if it turned out that the situation was more complex than it would appear to be.
Exactly the reason why to be involved in your local and national government. Your vote can change the people in those positions that are endorsing over taxation. Also, become involved in bringing awareness about.

(In our local area, we were able to vote out horrible politicians and people in policing positions, and vote in people that actually cared about what we needed.)
02/06/2017 09:34 PMPosted by Sanarel
02/06/2017 09:19 PMPosted by Hamstar
It is because nobody likes Aussies. Like I said it is highly doubtful we'll even invite you guys to WW3.

I'm pretty sure we'd be OK with that XD

Then how will you get your Mad Max scenario?
02/06/2017 06:13 PMPosted by Ariejellah
As it stands, if I wanted to buy Overwatch it would cost me $70AUD. In comparison for the US it costs $40US which is $52.34AUD. Now like I said I know this likely isn't going to change even if I don't particularly like it much.

It's interesting. WoW gametime only costs A$16.50 compared to $US15.00.

But Overwatch costs $A70/$A90 (regular/deluxe) compared to $US40/$US60.

I remember when Diablo 3 launched I found some way to pay for it in Singapore Dollars which was cheaper than the Aussie price but still somewhat more than the US price.
I know it wont help much for the original intent, but its usually cheaper to buy from a physical store and you get a disk.