2 good legendaries = artifact levels 35-54

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
<span class="truncated">...</span>

When you actually DO get to harder content, though, you will find these legendaries more and more necessary.

You virtually need at least one BiS legendary on everyone in your raid to get past Krosus reliably, for instance.

Are you talking mythic?

Why does it have to hinge on a best in slot legendary? Do you think Blizzard tuned the raids that way?

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised that they tuned it assuming any two legendaries on all players at mythic level but are you ready to present an argument that says they tuned it assuming at least one best in slot legendary on those same players with anything concrete and not just popular speculation?

From what I've read, the Mythic teams that have already beaten Guldan are 'not' loaded down with BiS legendaries.
02/19/2017 06:49 PMPosted by Stababill
Good news Artifacts wont be in the next expansion... so you will of grinded 54 for nothing.

With that logic you really shouldn't do any sort of character progression after hitting 110.

02/19/2017 08:33 PMPosted by Elterrible
Now throw titanforge in the mix and it's even more dis-satisfying

Just you wait for double trait relic rng on top of that.
02/19/2017 08:30 PMPosted by Tallgoblinn
Again, legendaries aren't everything, I get that, but it's the fact that it's a completely unfair RNG system that rewards luck, and people are rightfully getting tired of it.

I enjoyed your post, and I agree. I just don't think the best in slot legendaries matter as much as people make them out to be.

I think that people run more off of speculations and wild imaginings of what their performance would be with these legendaries. That they would see similar results to other players who have them if only they had the same legendaries when the truth is that the "terrible" legendaries they are wearing are probably not that far off numerically from what they would be doing if they had them.

In top end mythic it matters. Everywhere else, not as much, and anything below heroic it really doesn't matter at all.

They would probably see bigger increases if they utilized addons, proper keybinding, simulations of their character, understanding the mechanical functions and talents of their class, understanding the mechanics and flow of the encounters they are engaging in....

The point is there are so many ways other than just what legendaries you got to push performance and sometimes it sounds more like people want to scapegoat, or to find an easy excuse as to why they are not putting out the numbers they want that is anything other than "I am not playing well enough; I need to play better."

I am not saying that the system is great. I am not saying it is fair. Only trying to point out that it isn't as terrible as some think it is.

02/19/2017 08:33 PMPosted by Elterrible
Now throw titanforge in the mix and it's even more dis-satisfying

Now this grinds my gears way more than legendaries, but that speaks to the obscene amounts of rng in the expansion, but for a different thread.
02/19/2017 08:37 PMPosted by Infernastorm

Are you talking mythic?

Why does it have to hinge on a best in slot legendary? Do you think Blizzard tuned the raids that way?

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised that they tuned it assuming any two legendaries on all players at mythic level but are you ready to present an argument that says they tuned it assuming at least one best in slot legendary on those same players with anything concrete and not just popular speculation?

From what I've read, the Mythic teams that have already beaten Guldan are 'not' loaded down with BiS legendaries.

Krosus has extremely exhausting DPS requirements. Even with 54 traits, many classes cannot reliably pull 620k DPS.

Demon Hunters and a handful of other specs most certainly can. But most guilds don't have a ridiculous number of them.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Krosus has extremely exhausting DPS requirements. Even with 54 traits, many classes cannot reliably pull 620k DPS.

Demon Hunters and a handful of other specs most certainly can. But most guilds don't have a ridiculous number of them.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#boss=1842

Attached is the data from mythic Krosus, 75th percentile. All specs with the exception of the bottom 5 are pulling over 620k.

If we dug in to these thousands on thousands of parses what percentage do you think would have their best in slot legendaries? What percentage do you think have at least one? What percentage do you think have none?

What if we knocked it down to 50th percentile - the average mythic raider. How many specs do you think couldn't pull 620k?
There is zero justification that some players do 10% less damage than others due to legendary RNG.

Zero.

Stop trying to justify a !@#$ty system.
02/19/2017 07:52 PMPosted by Shudder
02/19/2017 07:42 PMPosted by Tanarae
Don't worry man. Just grind out mythic + for 100h to get another legendary. Easy. 10h a day 2 months and bam all set. What's the problem?

I have 54 artifact points (and 35 in both holy and disc) and 5 legendaries; I didn't even come close to that level of playing.

I had to check to see if I had posted this myself. Ditto to everything he just said.
02/19/2017 08:00 PMPosted by Tanarae

I have 54 artifact points (and 35 in both holy and disc) and 5 legendaries; I didn't even come close to that level of playing.

Cool, so 430 raid boss kills is also another option that will get you ~3 legendaries outside the 2 easy ones.

So you only need 800ish raid boss kills to get ~6 Assuming you got 2 from daily caches.

If you've been doing dailies since the beginning, then odds are that 800 ish raid boss kills would not be enough to get 6.

lol, 430 is a slight exaggeration but really he does have over 300 raid boss kills this expansion already.
02/19/2017 10:57 PMPosted by Melisity

I had to check to see if I had posted this myself. Ditto to everything he just said.

and you have over 550 raid boss kills this expansion - lol.
The legendary system needs to change, the way it works, you really have to have the BIS, what's worse is that, everytime blizz trys to balance the class, they have to take consideration on those legendary, either they over buff, the legendary makes the class even more OP, or nerf the class, those player who doesn't have BIS legendary will be under perform...
lol people disagreeing with the OP have at least 1 BIS. pathetic.
Token system.

Get legendary token, spend it to get whatever legendary you want, problem solved.

Then they could spend some time making those filler legendaries less !@#$ so people might want to spend their tokens on them.
02/19/2017 07:42 PMPosted by Tanarae
Don't worry man. Just grind out mythic + for 100h to get another legendary. Easy. 10h a day 2 months and bam all set. What's the problem?

post a pic of your /played
Here is the problem with this whole argument :

Let's take two players :

Player #1 : Been playing Legion and grinding away since day 1, been doing mythic raids and mythic+ dungeons like crazy and has 54 AT in their weapon but has been slightly unlucky and doesn't have any of what players consider the 'best' legendary items but still at iLevel 900ish /flex
Player #2 : Hit 110 just last weekend and got super lucky and got the two legendary items and has finally unlocked being able to use both, has ~AK 23 and AT 30 and iLevel around 860 /flex.

There is no comparison here, Player #1 is infinitely better for Mythic content and way more powerful than player 2, Even if Player 2 grinds like crazy it will still take them weeks to get even close to the power level of player 1 and by that time player 1 will still have pulled away even more.
02/19/2017 08:26 PMPosted by Dreadfury
02/19/2017 06:25 PMPosted by Shudder
There are issues with the legendary system but it gets blown out of proportion more often than not. I would bet that the people who commonly complain about getting bad legendaries would see larger performance increases by simply improving their overall play.

When you actually DO get to harder content, though, you will find these legendaries more and more necessary.

You virtually need at least one BiS legendary on everyone in your raid to get past Krosus reliably, for instance.

Our Guild currently stuck at Mythic Krosus because of the dps is not enough, and to the point of WE 3 HEALING THIS FIGHT!!Everyone did the mechanic, but we always end up missing the last few %. If everyone had the BIS Legendary, we might have a kill. So Blizzard, please please please give us a better legendary system OR DON'T BALANCE THE BOSS AROUND EVERYONE HAVING THEIR BIS LEGENDARY AND 54 TRAITS.
02/20/2017 09:28 AMPosted by Nvademohunt
Our Guild currently stuck at Mythic Krosus because of the dps is not enough, and to the point of WE 3 HEALING THIS FIGHT!!Everyone did the mechanic, but we always end up missing the last few %. If everyone had the BIS Legendary, we might have a kill. So Blizzard, please please please give us a better legendary system OR DON'T BALANCE THE BOSS AROUND EVERYONE HAVING THEIR BIS LEGENDARY AND 54 TRAITS.

Until Blizzard comes right and says "we tune bosses on Mythic difficulty around every player having a BiS legendary", this comment is nothing more than speculation. Also, without providing logs, this comment doesn't hold any water. For all we know, you're team simply isn't good enough. Have you tried comparing your logs to logs of other groups that have been successful?
02/20/2017 05:59 AMPosted by Gryth
Token system.

Get legendary token, spend it to get whatever legendary you want, problem solved.

Then they could spend some time making those filler legendaries less !@#$ so people might want to spend their tokens on them.

^^^ This right here. I've been wanting it changed to this since its inception.

The current RnG legendary item allocation/obtainment system is nothing short of annoyance.

If players here don't see it... Legion's "RnG everything" is synonymous with "MMO grind".
Got my second "good" legendary Friday night. Literally saw a 100k+ jump in my DPS. Must have been my bad play before.

This system sucks.
I can't help but agree with the OP. It's a crap system that rewards luck over anything else.

We have three ret paladins all in similar gear and AT/AK. Legendaries separate our dps. They have better ones. I can barely eek out enough dps to stay relevant in comparison with them. The difference is the legendaries and the luck that comes with getting better legendaries to drop. There isn't any skill involved as we are all relatively equally skilled. The dps disparity is significant. It's not a 1k difference which would be meh.

If you really care about your raid progressing through any content you should be doing your best to produce the highest quality of what your role does no matter if you are dps, heals, or a tank. This just becomes more relevant for DPS because we have no other stick to measure ourselves to others with.

If you aren't just a complete selfish prick and only care about yourself then you want to make sure you are doing your part to help your guild progress. It doesn't matter if your guild is doing normal or heroic or mythic level raids. If you have somebody who doesn't care who is doing 100k dps they aren't helping you progress. They are being carried. If you are in a guild that doesn't mind doing that then fine. In most guilds that person will be asked to up their performance or ride the pine pony.
Guys, the best players in the world can clear Mythic without every player having BiS.

Therefore, all you have to do is be one of the best players in the world, and the system works.