Last Stop - LF Guild

General Discussion
At the risk of embarrassing myself I'm posting here to look for a guild. I've tried on the "New Player" forum, the "Guild Recruitment" forum, and even though I'll change realms, the "Shadow Council" forum - the latter is mostly horde and hardcore requiring over 800 item level. (the alt. that's becoming my main isn't quite there yet) All of them seem to have little to no activity. I've even researched online and tried a few other places, but all the promising ones were [H] - and the rest what they said was 'semi-hard core', but looked really hard core to me. Yikes!

Listen, I've only been playing 3 years, I'm still a noob to a lot of things - I've done it solo, sometimes with my sons (when they come back every expansion) but I am the first to admit there's much room for improvement, hence the need for vet's and friends. --Looking for a laid back, mature, adventurous, fun friends to quest with and do more dungeons with, and even start raiding.

Well, my last shot and then I'm giving up the ship - putting oneself out there on forums is touchy work. :) Have a great day no matter what.
You said you would realm transfer, would you be open to a faction transfer?
When you're in Dalaran/Stormwind, passively pay attention to the General and Trade chats. In the evening hours, most guilds tend to do their recruiting there. I've seen several recruitment blurbs on Whisperwind about people offering just what you're looking for, though I can't say whether or not their social community is actually worth it and if they keep their word.
Your post didn't specify that Horde was out, but if it's an option

https://redd.it/5tvrqj

I think we're what you're looking for. There's lots of variety in our guild =)

*edited for a better link
I will drop our recruitment. You can see if we sound like anything you would wanna join :) Finding the right guild is hard. But when you do it makes the game so much better! Good luck!

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753327466#post
Hey, reddit wow guilds seem very active and there are topics recruiting everyone:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wowguilds/

You should check it out.
02/23/2017 07:23 AMPosted by Rowen
I will drop our recruitment. You can see if we sound like anything you would wanna join :) Finding the right guild is hard. But when you do it makes the game so much better! Good luck!

Interesting... I have a couple Alliance toons still on Runetotem (my first server from when I started in 2006), a 100 hunter, and 90-something pally. If you're looking for people I might bring them over. Haven't played them a lot because I had friends here, but might be fun to actually have someone to play with Alliance side again.
02/23/2017 07:08 AMPosted by Xue
Your post didn't specify that Horde was out, but if it's an option

https://redd.it/5tvrqj

I think we're what you're looking for. There's lots of variety in our guild =)

*edited for a better link

I swear, the most open, kind responses have been from Horde - I would except a couple of these things I just looked up on faction change worried me:

*Flight points will be reset, and your character will receive a new list of level- and faction-appropriate flight points.

Character friend and ignore lists will be reset.

**Active quests will be cleared, and all quest items will be destroyed—including those associated with completed quests.

***Progress on achievements will be reset.

***Faction-specific completed quests will be lost and will no longer count toward any completed quests counters.
Feathermoon. Horde. Riders of Eternity.

Best Guild Ever.

All can invite.
There are rules...mostly no drama llamas allowed.
I personally kick racists, homophobes and people that need to discuss RL politics in my fantasy rpg.
We're really nice. We battle pets more than people. We progress profs more than raids. We have a huge number of Anglers.
Good luck OP. I've been playing 5 years and have yet to find a lasting guild. If it's good it will break up. Only the bad ones hang around. Like the odor from a certain objectionable material ejected from the body on a daily basis.
"I have trouble making real life friends please help me and be my digital ones"

Good luck in life kiddo
02/23/2017 07:26 AMPosted by Meedic
Hey, reddit wow guilds seem very active and there are topics recruiting everyone:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wowguilds/

You should check it out.

I did yesterday, and just now - majority (at least all I looked at) want experienced and are looking for raiders - and say they are semi-hard core.
02/23/2017 07:42 AMPosted by Ragebinger

Good luck in life kiddo

Do you realize where you are posting?
02/23/2017 07:42 AMPosted by Ragebinger

Good luck in life kiddo

I'm 56, have a full life and trust me, I'm fine - I just decided to try and take this game to a new level instead of soloing - if it doesn't work out, guess what, I'll live! Hope your comment made your day.
02/23/2017 07:41 AMPosted by Bobhunterco
Good luck OP. I've been playing 5 years and have yet to find a lasting guild. If it's good it will break up. Only the bad ones hang around. Like the odor from a certain objectionable material ejected from the body on a daily basis.

LOL - I needed that!!! :) :) :)
02/23/2017 07:23 AMPosted by Rowen

I'll take a look - thanks!
I run a laid back drama free guild on Stormrage. We do all in game activities together. If you want to transfer, I'll send you an invite.

Edit: Heres a link to our recruitment page.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749695729#post-1
02/23/2017 07:28 AMPosted by Liadariel
except a couple of these things I just looked up on faction change worried me:

*Flight points will be reset, and your character will receive a new list of level- and faction-appropriate flight points.

Character friend and ignore lists will be reset.

**Active quests will be cleared, and all quest items will be destroyed—including those associated with completed quests.

***Progress on achievements will be reset.

***Faction-specific completed quests will be lost and will no longer count toward any completed quests counters.
As someone that's faction-changed several times since it was introduced, there's not really much to worry about... especially now.

"Flight points will be reset" just means that you'll get the horde flight points instead of the alliance ones (or vice versa). Though there's not many (if any) in the Broken Isles that are faction specific, there are several in Northrend, Outlands, and the older parts of Azeroth.

"Character friends list will be reset" is just because you can't /friend a character that's not in your faction, and the same goes with ignoring them. This won't affect any BNet or RealID friends that you have.

"Active quests will be cleared" They do this to make it easier on themselves, but it's due to there being differences between horde and alliance versions of quests. Some send you to faction specific areas, so their quest ID is different. Yes, blizz could technically switch you to the new ID and go through and apply the new quest flags that have already been completed but that would exponentially increase the time required for their servers to apply all of the faction changes to a character.

"Progress on achievements will be reset" refers to those achievements that you haven't completed yet. Ones like reading all of the books across Azeroth for example. Some books are Alliance only and some are Horde only. They're doing this for the same reason as the active quest clearing. Any achievements you've already earned will be kept intact, and any that are faction specific will switch to the new faction (such as "For the Horde!" or "For the Alliance!").

"Faction specific quests will be lost and not counted towards counters" refers to things like the Loremaster achievement quest lines. Believe it or not, there's actually different quest amounts required between alliance and horde in various zones. Ones that come to mind immediately are those zones that were added in Cataclysm, or the zones that contain starting areas for the factions. As an alliance, you're not going to have a lot to do in Mulgore just like horde won't have a lot to do in Elwynn Forest. Note that this also causes things to reset if they're based on finishing certain quest lines. Back in cata this was a bigger deal due to forcing the player to re-open all of the new zones again, but blizz has learned from their mistakes with the Broken Isles.
02/23/2017 07:56 AMPosted by Dîomedes
I run a laid back drama free guild on Stormrage. We do all in game activities together. If you want to transfer, I'll send you an invite.

Edit: Heres a link to our recruitment page.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749695729#post-1

my battletag is Chava#1649

ETA: sent in game friend request