Why is WoW token so much now??

General Discussion
100k gold atm!!!
It rises and falls. I got a couple last night for 77k.
Supply and Demand/basic economics, my good forest-hugging friend!

Because of the recent change to allow you to cash in a Token for $15 on your Battle.net Balance, as in having the ability to buy things from the Virtual Cash Shop (Boosts, Mounts, Faction/Server Swaps, Pets), people have been buying them en-masse.

And what happens when the demand is high and the supply is struggling to meet it, my dear friends?
That's right! The price increases so demand slowly falls while supply is pumped in by people who want some cheap-as-chips gold.
theres enough threads on this subject
02/12/2017 06:31 AMPosted by Florine
100k gold atm!!!

They recently added B.Net balance to the list of things the token can get you. So there was a rush to buy tokens without a rush to sell them, causing an imbalance in the supply and demand and by association a jump in the price.

Give it a month and it will drop back down to a reasonable price.
It's supply and demand. Blizzard supplies all the gold, and they have an insatiable demand for cash.

They set the price where they want, then algorithmically oscillate it so it looks like "market forces" are affecting it.

Show me a non transparent market, where it's not a felony to rig it, and it will be rigged virtually every time. And if by some miracle it's NOT rigged? It will be eventually. The token market has been here long enough to where you can pretty much guarantee it's rigged.
02/12/2017 06:46 AMPosted by Ieana
The token market has been here long enough to where you can pretty much guarantee it's rigged.

You might want to readjust your tinfoil hat.
It was on the verge of hitting 115k then it dropped back to 60kish, now it's back up to 100k. Or at least close to breaking 100k.
Farm bots which don't get permabanned stacking on tokens, inflating the price and deflating the price of every prof mat.
Simple, people buy tokens to convert to B.Net balance so the price rises. People cash in on paid tokens and the price drops only for that supply to run low and it once again rises.

It's the new cycle that might stablise eventually.
100k gold atm!!!

I'm guessing, because it's tax season (gg on bliz for implementing it around this time of year). People will run out of hood rich money and it will go back down.
02/12/2017 07:49 AMPosted by Randibobandi
100k gold atm!!!

I'm guessing, because it's tax season (gg on bliz for implementing it around this time of year). People will run out of hood rich money and it will go back down.

I never even thought about the time of year haha, it makes some sense, but I don't think it'll go back down to the 50k or so. Probably level out around 75k or so
02/12/2017 06:36 AMPosted by Phlynch
100k gold atm!!!

They recently added B.Net balance to the list of things the token can get you. So there was a rush to buy tokens without a rush to sell them, causing an imbalance in the supply and demand and by association a jump in the price.

Give it a month and it will drop back down to a reasonable price.

hmm I hope so, my wow time expires at the end of March. I will just herb like crazy until the month is almost over I guess :)
100k gold atm!!!

It's called to supply, and demand. A person pays $20 for a token, and another person buy that token on the AH for gold. Supply is inversely proportional to demand. Also, the knowledge of basic economics is horrid, probably because communities punishes children that sell lemonade in front of their house, instead of encouraging them to become Entrepreneurs.
02/12/2017 07:25 AMPosted by Schadenfrude
Farm bots which don't get permabanned stacking on tokens, inflating the price and deflating the price of every prof mat.

Someone's not aware of recent changes.

You can now literally use WoW gold to buy other Blizzard products and services via cashing out a token for Battle.net balance.

Want a new store pet? How about a faction transfer? Want a few lootboxes in Overwatch or a skin in HotS? Heck, how about outright purchasing Overwatch? Now you can do it with a WoW token purchased with gold.

The day this change was implemented, the gold price shot up. It's been wavering back and forth.
It is not money that is the root of all evil, but the love for money that is.

Oh, hi Blizzard!
I feel like I'm in that movie In Time where you have to work for living time as currency. I'm trying to play off just tokens now.
02/12/2017 06:34 AMPosted by Sparx
Supply and Demand
Economics, that's why