Flying has taken too long to put in...

General Discussion
01/26/2017 01:21 PMPosted by Stoob
does anyone even give a !@#$ anymore?

It is already in game, Blizz refuses to release it until they can milk us some more in hopes of sub stable for their next quarter.
In Draenor, it took over a year to get flying, so having it in just some months is a huge, welcome improvement.
01/26/2017 01:37 PMPosted by Lillyia
Pathfinder pt1 requires the killing of a raid boss and you need that for the requirements for flying . I don't raid so even when they put flying in it wont matter to me. I am not happy with the direction of flying requirements.

You can join LFR and afk for 5 minutes while the group kill him. That's a terrible excuse.
01/26/2017 01:59 PMPosted by Dracairys
Pathfinder pt1 requires the killing of a raid boss and you need that for the requirements for flying . I don't raid so even when they put flying in it wont matter to me. I am not happy with the direction of flying requirements.

You can join LFR and afk for 5 minutes while the group kill him. That's a terrible excuse.

Oh and being afk in a raid is a better idea? No thanks I don't play that way and would not afk in a raid. I don't raid its not an excuse its just the way I choose to play.
01/26/2017 02:15 PMPosted by Lillyia
Oh and being afk in a raid is a better idea? No thanks I don't play that way and would not afk in a raid. I don't raid its not an excuse its just the way I choose to play.

I'm not a raider and I resented the raid requirement. That said, the bit of Emerald Nightmare that is required is very short and relatively painless via LFR. You only have to do it once and the rest of your characters can give Blizzard "the bird."
I don't care anymore. just a little sad my flying mounts aren't used.
Doesn't bother me at all. Wouldn't mind if flying was never put back in.

You click the LFR button. You follow the crowd. You tab target to something red, you pew pew pew until the red thing goes down. You're even ranged, so it's extra trivial.

Honestly, it's easier than punting nuts and picking up squirrels. It's easier than Kirin Tor WQs. Whatever your expectations are for "raiding" really, seriously, don't apply to LFR and Xavius. If you can do a WQ "Elite" quest, where a dozen toons spam down a bear in a thicket, you can do this.

I assume you don't do world bosses (those are even harder than this).

I did this weeks world boss. Showed up, ran through the mobs, spammed bosses, ran out, and hearthed. Never said a word to anyone, never joined a raid, nothing. Just showed up and played along.
01/26/2017 02:15 PMPosted by Lillyia
01/26/2017 01:59 PMPosted by Dracairys

Do you kill world bosses? Joining the LFR for one boss, he is in his own wing, would be no different than kiling a world boss. Whether you group up for them or not.
01/26/2017 01:40 PMPosted by Cozzene
I definitely care. I spend as little time in open world Broken Isles as I have to, then hit old content. Transmog to get, pets to level, plenty to do in areas were I'm not running into small grass roots or going to WoWhead to find my quest objective (which is up the mountain where it says on the map, but the path up there is actually across the zone!).

Pathfinder would be fine if it wasn't part 1 and 2, and spread out as long as it has been. One achievement and flight enabled 7.1.5 wouldn't have been terrible, but the current game devs have some bizarre loathing towards not running paths that circle back on themselves ten times before getting to your destination.

I can't update this enough.

Edit: stupid autocorrect, when I type upvote, I *mean* upvote.
Yes

Pathfinder is way to much non open world content and way to time gated.

Still flying is, does, and will always matter.
01/26/2017 01:22 PMPosted by Alesen
Of course they do.

I wish flying would work like it did in Wrath, you get around normally until 77 at Stormpeaks, where lore-wise and gameplay wise you need a flying mount to get around effectively.

That way both sides were got what they wanted. Blizzard made us walk all over the !@#$ing place, and we got to fly on release.

How is that even close to fair? Yea you guys can have no flying for 4 days, we'll take flying the rest of the expansion.

01/26/2017 03:34 PMPosted by Svfel

Still flying is, does, and will always matter.

It never has.
I can't wait for the next expansion when they force you to do Mythic+ Dungeons and Mythic Raids in order to unlock flying. It wouldn't surprise me if they actually do employ some garbage requirements like that for unlocking flying for 7.2. I guess for some reason they think only elite players should have flying or something.

Regardless, the requirements to unlock flying so far are so complicated that I don't even know where I'm at progress-wise on my 110 character. There's probably a whole bunch of quests I need to complete still and lots of unexplored areas, and I haven't done Emerald Nightmare yet, nor have I done every dungeon, and there's still the class campaign to finish up, too. It seems like you unlock flying once you've basically done all the content on one character.
01/26/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Bludjackal
I haven't cared about flying his WoD and you shouldn't either.

I am so glad you told me what i need to think. I was afraid i was going to have to think on my own for a second.
Gating it behind content means I'll never get it. If I never get it I'm not doing anything in these areas. If I can't do anything in those areas why bother paying for a sub?

Already cancelled.
01/26/2017 03:43 PMPosted by Albricksen
I can't wait for the next expansion when they force you to do Mythic+ Dungeons and Mythic Raids in order to unlock flying. It wouldn't surprise me if they actually do employ some garbage requirements like that for unlocking flying for 7.2. I guess for some reason they think only elite players should have flying or something.

Regardless, the requirements to unlock flying so far are so complicated that I don't even know where I'm at progress-wise on my 110 character. There's probably a whole bunch of quests I need to complete still and lots of unexplored areas, and I haven't done Emerald Nightmare yet, nor have I done every dungeon, and there's still the class campaign to finish up, too. It seems like you unlock flying once you've basically done all the content on one character.

lol, please. I haven't even looked at the Pathfinder achievement and I just checked. I have everything done for part 1 but Legion Loremaster, of which I only need to finish Suramar.. I haven't done anything higher than a LFR yet this expansion.
its still menu craft for the most part, so holding back flying is pointless at this point.
01/26/2017 02:31 PMPosted by Xarik
I don't care anymore. just a little sad my flying mounts aren't used.
I care but they still can't force me into a stinking dungeon. Community way too toxic to actually play with.
Before I quit WoD for a year and a half I was vocally pro flying. I find that in Legion I don't really care as much. The terrain is easier to navigate. It's not horrifically annoying with cliffs, roots, trees, and every single imaginable blockade like in WoD.

The flight whistle plus the ease with which you can get to objectives from fps makes waiting for flying far less painful. I'm pretty critical of Blizz most of the time (a big bird flip for what you did to MM hunters this xpac!!!) but with this I think they got it near perfect.

Now just fix the "perk" of the hunter eagle flight network please. Connect it to the other fp's like it should have been from day one.
I dont care if they put it in or not. I will fly if it's there, but i really dont care.