Why do so many things not work with worgen?

General Discussion
My rogue still can't make engineer bikes.

Learnt recipe in wotlk, tried worgen in cata, recipe stripped from me and couldn't buy it again as I already knew it. As far as I know blizzard never gave enough of a !@#$ to fix it. But then they generally don't fix anything engineer related unless it's to nerf something.
02/04/2017 10:35 PMPosted by Desaroot
abomination

Well, to be fair they were here first. :)
02/05/2017 07:23 PMPosted by Vãrick
Well, to be fair they were here first. :)

You don't remember slaughtering a bunch of Feral Worgens to get to Archmage Arugal in classic Shadowfang Keep tho? Cause I sure do.
Every time I think of switching I just remember how lost I would feel without my speed burst. A CC breaker just isn't gonna cut it.
02/05/2017 08:26 AMPosted by Shirt
02/05/2017 06:52 AMPosted by Tharna
...Traditional european werewolves (which worgen are based on) do not have tails, they run with a leg extended outward to imitate a tail (which the running wild animation actually captures somewhat if you bothered to pay attention).

Stop asking for tails just because Worgen don't look like your perfect fursona.

Traditional european werewolves highly differed depending on the artist and the country in which they were being represented.

If you're going to argue something - please do basic research.

02/05/2017 08:22 AMPosted by Exorrt
I'm more concerned that you still seem to be using Windows 98

Classic shell and personal preference for aesthetics are a thing - especially when Windows 98 themed stuff is trendy atm.
I use it because it doesn't drain resources.
02/05/2017 06:20 PMPosted by Vincentiu
This new Chosen Dead set from Trial of Valor looks surprisingly good on Worgens. As a good rule try anything that doesn't hide the mouth.
It annoys me more than it should that the Chosen Dead plate set covers hooves, but not worgen feet.
02/06/2017 06:59 AMPosted by Kyveli
This new Chosen Dead set from Trial of Valor looks surprisingly good on Worgens. As a good rule try anything that doesn't hide the mouth.
It annoys me more than it should that the Chosen Dead plate set covers hooves, but not worgen feet.
Using my warrior to show what I mean. Paws not covered, hooves are.

On the bright side, it has some of the only shoulders in the game that don't visibly float or look absolutely massive on female worgen.
02/05/2017 08:19 AMPosted by Kathilorene
02/05/2017 06:52 AMPosted by Tharna
Stop asking for tails just because Worgen don't look like your perfect fursona.

Pandas have long tail options, and tails on Worgens would not only make sense, but look really cool as well. Quit making every suggestion for our race a furry thing.
pandas also historically have tails. what's your point?
Traditional european werewolves highly differed depending on the artist and the country in which they were being represented.

"The appearance of a werewolf in its animal form varies from culture to culture, though it is most commonly portrayed as being indistinguishable from ordinary wolves save for the fact that it has no tail (a trait thought characteristic of witches in animal form), is often larger, and retains human eyes and voice. According to some Swedish accounts, the werewolf could be distinguished from a regular wolf by the fact that it would run on three legs, stretching the fourth one backwards to look like a tail."

werewolves historically do not have tails, it wasn't until poets decided "hey they look more visually appealing with tails" that people started drawing them with tails. If you're going to call someone out on fact-checking you should check your own facts first.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Pandas have long tail options, and tails on Worgens would not only make sense, but look really cool as well. Quit making every suggestion for our race a furry thing.

"The appearance of a werewolf in its animal form varies from culture to culture, though it is most commonly portrayed as being indistinguishable from ordinary wolves save for the fact that it has no tail (a trait thought characteristic of witches in animal form), is often larger, and retains human eyes and voice. According to some Swedish accounts, the werewolf could be distinguished from a regular wolf by the fact that it would run on three legs, stretching the fourth one backwards to look like a tail."

werewolves historically do not have tails, it wasn't until poets decided "hey they look more visually appealing with tails" that people started drawing them with tails. If you're going to call someone out on fact-checking you should check your own facts first.

Wow.
It's almost like poets are a part of history.

I spend quite a bit of time researching historical fashions and lore for a side hobby - is 1800's to 1700's (where I've seen local resumes carry art of werewolves in person?) not a part of history?

Or are you going to cite wikipeida as your source for that singular line?

There's also that whole "culture evolves" thing too I didn't want to bring up in regards to historical arguments . I can guarantee you now vampires don't look the same in today's society either, but oh no the furries can't have something look aesthetically pleasing in an MMORPG because fuuuurrries. ):

Edit: holy crap your reference was from wikipedia.
I also want to note the "most typically" does not mean always - especially with the "culture to culture" bit.

You literally just burned yourself on your own failed reference.
Yeah but in the case of the females... they kinda WANT to hide that... oh well.
Worgen have the same issue tauren (and goblins) have. Blizzard rarely accommodates for face length and it leads to really stupid helms.

In the case of goblins, their nose clips through some.
02/06/2017 11:40 AMPosted by Tharna

*cough* *cough* *cough*

02/06/2017 04:09 PMPosted by Shirt
Wow.
It's almost like poets are a part of history.

That's my point sweetheart. Werewolves have had tails in many different interpretations in history period.

And also, Pandas irl don't have Red Panda tails, which I really hope you don't think those two are the same type of animal. Adding tails would be a cool thing for customization, if you don't want it then don't add one to your toon. Pretty Simple.
FYI most at Blizzard are cat people.