We need more people like this in WoW

General Discussion
To all those who complain about being rejected for groups, those who shake their fists at Blizzard for not holding their hand, and those who are anti-social for no reason in a social game.

Today I said screw it! So I grew a pair, put on my big boy pants and covered my body in jelly.

The title is a bit of an over dramatisation of what really happened, but basically long story short - I tackled a lot of my anxieties in this game today and damn it felt good.

Never having been one to raid before because I hate screwing up when it means it affects others too. But I thought screw it, it's just a game, and all the players are people and if I have fun with it I'm sure things will be okay. I applied to some heroic en raids (yes I know it's old content but whatever). Got rejected for all of them. Didn't let that stop me. Made my own damn raid. Why? Cos I'm a big boy now okay. Invited whoever applied regardless of ilvl. The range ended up being between ilvl 850-870. Didn't know !@#$ all about raid comps but had a good mix of ranged and melee and we had a 239 comp (there may be other lingo people use to describe the comp but I don't know %^-* all okay?) . Didn't ask for no !@#$ing aotc cos %^-* that I won't be an oppressor. All I asked for in the lfg notes was that applicants whisper me and promise to be nice. And that they did. This !@#$ing pug cleared en with only two wipes. One on ursoc and one on a face pulled xavius. One person complained on the ursoc wipe and asked one of the other members be kicked. Get %^-*ed ya drongo I don't drop people for bull!@#$ reasons this is my raid. I made sure of reminding him of it too. He agreed and didn't talk %^-* again. Of course he didn't because his God damn amazing raid leader which is me BTW, told him so. It was a damn good time and so many people got upgrades. Four people got legendaries. Everyone was happy and I God damn made sure they were.

Straight after the raid you know what I !@#$ing did? I opened my bags and realised I had a mythic keystone in there which is something I have never used before because I am a little anxious %^-* and am afraid of a challenge and internet ridicule. Not today sir, today my innards were made of metal and my shoulders were rated to carry the weight of Mount Olympus itself. I put up another list for my keystone, it was a +2 votw. I hate that place so damn much. What better way to prove my hatred than to wipe the floor with those pissy little demons and demon hunters in quick time? Once again not being a gatekeeper and allowing the group to fill naturally. This time I ticked the auto invite box. Group was filled quick. !@#$ knows what the ilvl of these people were but like hell I care. We smashed it. Two chested it. Yeah it's not three but go shag yourself a sheep ya judgemental prick. Two people dropped group at the end but the offer was open to those who remained to stay with me and see how far we go. Now this key sits in my bags as a 11 votw. No I'm not gonna touch that. I have balls today but they hurt from sitting for so long, plus this is where my newly acquired yet almost expired confidence ends. I got some upgrades throughout the day, started at ilvl 860 and finished at 868. But the real power increase was in real life. I now walk around with my God damn chin so high up in the air im tickling the man aboves feet with the wirey hairs of my sad excuse of a goatee. I sit with my legs spread so far apart I may as well be doing the splits. God damn I even stopped using deodorant because nothing smells sweeter than the natural odor of success.

In all seriousness though, I had lots of fun today. I think my greatest enemy in this game has not been those who I thought I was afraid to upset, but my own conscious. If you were one of the people who was a part of any of these. Thank you. I ended up applying to and doing heaps of +2 to +6s for the rest of the day. Thanks to those who took me.
Sauce: http://rebrn.com/re/today-i-said-screw-it-so-i-grew-a-pair-put-on-my-big-boy-pants-a-3122060/
This guy is my hero! As a mainly solo player, I know where he is coming from. I actually did 5 dungeon in the last two weeks or so to finish my DK Class campaign. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...!

~Lara!
And that is how it should be. If all those snooty raid leaders want their "exclusive" strings attached raids, they can do that until they're blue in the face. This guy took the initiative to set up his own raid with his own rules (even if there weren't too many).

Clearly people were there just to enjoy themselves and remarkably succeeded after only two wipes.

I think there are far too many people who are afraid in general and too scared to risk anything that they set up these ludicrous rules for their raids. That guy is a shining example of how we should approach raids and I salute him!

Thanks for the share, OP!
01/30/2017 10:51 AMPosted by Razorik
I think there are far too many people who are afraid in general and too scared to risk anything that they set up these ludicrous rules for their raids. That guy is a shining example of how we should approach raids and I salute him!

Thanks for the share, OP!

The fact that there are "far too many people" suggests there's something wrong with the system. Most won't set up their own groups.
Being thrown in with the lions is the FUN part! He should try arenas.
01/30/2017 11:11 AMPosted by Roxycodine
The fact that there are "far too many people" suggests there's something wrong with the system. Most won't set up their own groups.

That's not a system problem, that's a problem with the players.
We need a lot more people like the guy the OP cross-posted, and lot fewer people like the OP who make needlessly pissy, judgmental comments about people whose personality types they can't understand.
Wow! I love this guy! Totally my new hero.

Way to go!
I've been thinking about doing that myself but there's always that little thing holding me back.

Maybe next week is the week I get !@#$ done.
Nicely written story with a good moral ending.

It is just a game - many people have a lost sight of that in the rush for epix or achievements.

Do the community a favor when you get better geared and run pugs every now and again and teach.

Teach people the things you've learned as you've played and encourage them to be better players. Everyone can have a nice experience if the community had more people like the one the OP quoted or like the ones that go about doing good on a daily basis.
awwwww millennials learning that failure is just part of life and you learn more about that !!!!!!!!!!!

Grats for him (:
Seems like this guy hit stage !@#$ it and sometimes you have to hit that stage to finally jump off the cliff and try things. Good job :)

I really liked this post thank you for sharing it.
/hero player....guess I need to step up and I applaud you sir (op)
I've said it before.. I'd rather spend a night wiping with a fun group than a night winning with an obnoxious group.
01/30/2017 12:11 PMPosted by Maewan
awwwww millennials learning that failure is just part of life and you learn more about that !!!!!!!!!!!

Grats for him (:

Actually this is exactly what I thought. Sorry you got downvoted but the butthurt is STRONG in this generation. unwarranted egos based off privileged lifestyles.

Downvote me you hipster !@#$s!
I finally said screw it and joined an en group on my resto Druid (was 848). The group one shot every boss.

Noticed the rl was from my server so said hi and got invited to the guild as they were short a healer.

Flash forward 3 weeks later and we downed gul'dan last night on normal.

Best decision I've made in awhile joining that pug.

Druid is now 876 and part of the core raid team about to start heroic nh
01/30/2017 12:49 PMPosted by Snowfox
I've said it before.. I'd rather spend a night wiping with a fun group than a night winning with an obnoxious group.

Wise words indeed. My best WoW memories are with a group like that and we still managed to kill Heroic Deathwing.
01/30/2017 11:56 AMPosted by Sithes
We need a lot more people like the guy the OP cross-posted, and lot fewer people like the OP who make needlessly pissy, judgmental comments about people whose personality types they can't understand.

Thank you, I was going to say something remarkably like that. The cross-post decided to try something different and had a good time. Power to him! The op decided to use that positive experience to get a in few petty sneers at people who haven't tried it, or haven't had a good time when they did.

OP: may every group boot you for having Growl on...even if you don't have a pet out.
Inspired.
01/30/2017 02:59 PMPosted by Slugbuster
01/30/2017 12:11 PMPosted by Maewan

Grats for him (:

Actually this is exactly what I thought. Sorry you got downvoted but the butthurt is STRONG in this generation. unwarranted egos based off privileged lifestyles.

Downvote me you hipster !@#$s!
I'm sorry to ruin your day young man but you and your "millennial" bomb throwing buddy got at least one down vote from a "baby-boomer" that takes it a little personally when immature narcissists spout garbage and make older players look like the same kind of jerks as they are. Please grow up mentally and emotionally, and stop thinking the clock alone entitles you to claim the title of mature.