Fun (but harmless) ways to mess with people

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
When I say "harmless", I mean that you're not impeding their game experience in any way (i.e., no camping, harassing, group/raid shenanigans, etc). Think more along the lines of small practical jokes.

A few of my favorites:

Walk into a large crowd and type "/e waves at you.", then see how many people wave back.

As Horde, go to Org and /yell "[Common] BUR" (or the "[Orcish] KEK" analog in Stormwind) and watch the chat to see if a manhunt starts up (or if anyone is smart enough to /who your name).

As a fire mage, get someone's attention (watch this, hold my beer, etc) and stand next to an open flame. Perform the /fart emote and immediately pop Combustion, and see which of them falls for it.

Let me hear your pranks!
A character named Your provides for endless fun.

/e pockets have been picked!
/e purse feels lighter.
/e bag feels lighter.
/e weapon feels heavier.
/e battle pet cries for attention!
i did that /e thing in goldshire, but '/e spits on you';. this guy ran up and challenged me to a duel, i declined, then he's like "dont spit on me, get rekt" lol.
Path of Frost has provided me with many laughs over the years but unfortunately it falls under the category of "impeding game experience."
Toys mostly. Like the stink bomb that makes everyone in the radius cry or the wand they give hollows eve that changes their appearance.

I usually hit afker with those just to see how long it takes before they realized their toon is dancing or crying uncontrollably. For groups I have a torch toy that I use light their AV on fire if they stay dead and are just waiting for healer to rezz them.
Long ago there was a guy on my realm who would stand somewhere busy and emote /e licks you.

Everyone thought he was actually licking them.
02/08/2017 09:56 AMPosted by Tovi
Path of Frost has provided me with many laughs over the years but unfortunately it falls under the category of "impeding game experience."

It would truly be a tragedy to pop it at the beginning of Nels Lair before the first boss.......
Using the fel crystal until they nerfed it.

People are so used to "don't stand in the bad stuff" they actually were jumping out of spread :)
With the shortest interrupt cd, I enjoy just tagging someone who is hearthing back to fall or wherever and just keep strolling along. You can keep this up forever but the longer you do it the more likely youll fall into the "impeding gameplay" catagory
02/08/2017 10:00 AMPosted by Yalaera

It would truly be a tragedy to pop it at the beginning of Nels Lair before the first boss.......
The self control I have to exhibit to not do that every time I'm in that dungeon.
You're that DK that kills everyone in Gundrak before the first pull aren't you?
Opening a portal to Dalaran crater at the end of a guild raid so your friends can fall to their deaths!
02/08/2017 09:47 AMPosted by Hyperium
Walk into a large crowd and type "/e waves at you.", then see how many people wave back.

Walk into AH and type "/e picks Hyperium's pockets, getting 128g and 83s"
Summon your squirrel pet while doing the "Aw, Nuts!" WQ.
I pranked my raid leader once by rolling a level 1 dwarf priest with the same name he had, except I used one of those alt symbol things to spell the name. I used that character and threw raid invites to everyone at raid time, when he would normally be the one inviting everyone. Took him a minute to figure out what was going on. He was in officer chat like "who the !@#$ is this guy, he has the same name I do and everything" (the alt symbols I used were too subtle of a difference for him to notice at first).

I also took that dwarf priest to IF and strutted circles around him while I was doing this. I have "show target of target" enabled. When I saw him targeting me, it was like I knew that's the moment the light bulb came on and he realized I was !@#$ing with him. Good times. :D

Also, my GM back in like Wrath got tired of people filling the guild bank with crap. He made the guild message of the day something like "Please stop putting useless %^-* in the guild bank. It is NOT a trash can"

So, naturally, we proceeded to buy useless !@#$ from vendors and stuff the guild bank until it had no open slots.

Also: go in trade chat and say something like "Miley Cyrus fan club meeting tonight! Just whisper [insert name of friend/guildy you want to prank here] for details!"

When we prank each other, it's usually stuff like that.
Get a bunch of cheap useless items.

Find a target useing the AH.

Mail them said cheap useless items individually so they have to open them one at a time, on top of everything they actually wanted to buy.
When I'm really bored I'll put up a portal in Dalaran just over the Stormwind portal then sit down across the room and watch people try and figure out why the portal isn't working.

Back in the day I may have done the same shenanigans over the Wintergrasp portal while in a raid group just as the countdown started. Only the portal was to Exodar. People used pretty creative cursing.
Stormwind Gay Male Chorus forming. /whisper <<known homophobe on trade>> for details.
Every few months I pick a random person, mail them a nice chunk of gold and then pm them acting like im freaking out over sending gold to the wrong person/meant to send it to an alt.

I always let them keep the gold though.
if a random player is auto following you and you believe they are afk, head for body of water and swim down, use water breathing pot or spell if applicable and wait, soon the bubbles begin and poof they drowned, you leave them there, swim up, fly off or ride off and if so desire, hide and watch when they return to a drowned corpse, mean, maybe but should be a warning, not always wise to auto follow a random player, you just might find you become 1 with the sea bed.