Fun (but harmless) ways to mess with people

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
People in raids or dungeons that refuse to run back while everyone else does, they ask me to res them. So I use the toy Soul Inhaler and Torch, then I'll start rezzing them so no one else can, then cancel spell, and let them rot and run back.

Then they nerfed the toys in raids :( but not In dungeons

And my fave, in a bg, I type "\me has reported you for being AFK. To prevent being removed from the gams, type \afk"
If I'm assigned raid leader in LFR, I use raid-warning chat to post weather forecasts in my LFR group.

No kick abuses.

No insults.

No elitism.

Just telling people not to drive during blizzards.
02/08/2017 10:08 AMPosted by Foailtiama
02/08/2017 10:00 AMPosted by Yalaera

It would truly be a tragedy to pop it at the beginning of Nels Lair before the first boss.......
The self control I have to exhibit to not do that every time I'm in that dungeon.

you are the reason i always slow fall my way down to that encounter.
02/08/2017 04:42 PMPosted by Magine
... The self control I have to exhibit to not do that every time I'm in that dungeon.

Learned the hard way, as a monk, not to roll off that ledge. Landed on the ground next to the boss, instant death.

My favorite prank was one played on me. Many years ago, in UC, a guildy was helping me find my way by giving me a ride on their two-seater mount, the motorcycle with a sidecar.

When going through one of the rooms, he booted me from the mount as he ran it through a cage in the room, trapping me inside. I had to hearth to get back out, sending me back to Silvermoon.
02/08/2017 12:18 PMPosted by Orichalcos
If I see a druid in cat or bear form sometimes I'll /pet them just to see how they'll respond lol

as a kitty druid alt I always respond with /me rubs up against your hand
So we got a guild/friend group going for mythic keystones. We were waiting outside of Nelth's Lair because our shaman was afk, so we decided to have some fun. We swapblasted him out into the water and under a chunk of ice, where he eventually drowned. His reaction when he came back was priceless. :)

Our warrior tank also likes to swapblast me when I'm ahead of him. And we swapblast eachother into lava, acid, etc.

I've also had people ride my stag form and then promptly run into mobs before shadowmelding, letting them get aggro. Our arcane mage and I once both died doing so with the trash before botanist (but said mage did egg me on!)
I mained a Mage back in WotLK. Guildies and I would sit by the steps where the town portals were, and I would put an Orgrimmar Mage portal in the empty spot next to the real Org portal (Where Shrine portal currently is in New Dal) and we would laugh hysterically as people tried to run through it, then finally realized what was up and moved over one.
02/08/2017 04:42 PMPosted by Magine
... The self control I have to exhibit to not do that every time I'm in that dungeon.

The elevator boss in BWL - I missed it so I hit Levitate so I wouldn't splat. Didn't realize I was going down at an angle - missed the landing and floated down to the dragons.

Was a wipe.

Vent: "Oh s...oh s. I'm gonna say sorry in advance. Sorry!!"
doing /who to find random people and whispering them as if we know each other
I was doing Nelth's Lair on a hunter alt and some DK cast Path of Frost as we jumped down the waterfall to get lots of people, myself included, killed. So in the room with all the drogbar beyond I misdirected to him and barraged like a fiend. No apologies, no regrets.
Some of this is gold haha. Sometimes when someone else ends up running pass me, or flying, I follow them for a minute to see what happens, then divert and leave for another direction.

Or I follow a flagged Horde/Alliance, making them wonder if I will attack them, instead when they slow down /wave and disappear.
02/08/2017 10:15 AMPosted by Countchocula
Opening a portal to Dalaran crater at the end of a guild raid so your friends can fall to their deaths!

I so loved doing this after Sha in SoO on my mage. It always got people.
<Rogue Trainer>
On my priest, I'll find someone who is AFK, then mind control them to a different, random spot so they get confused when they come back.
02/08/2017 10:53 AMPosted by Phlynch
Mail them said cheap useless items individually so they have to open them one at a time, on top of everything they actually wanted to buy.

Maybe if that person never heard of any sort of mailbox addon?

I mean you could mail me 500 items and I'd have looted them within a good 2 or 3 minutes.
Use stealth and go to a capital city of the opposite faction. Go to the most crowded place. Try to remain undetected, target any player and /giggle or <insert whatever emote you want here> until you find someone who'll start wandering around looking for you.
One time I was farming something and noticed an opposite faction mage. I started leaving frost traps (was on my hunter.) The person had a good sense of humor and stuck me to the ground a couple times and we went back and forth like that for an hour then a bunch of other people decided they were going to farm the same thing and started a PvP war. (PvP server obviously) It WAS harmless. Was.
I used to CoD people junk for 10000g. Worked a couple times.
02/08/2017 11:36 AMPosted by Wariya
Toy trains sets was my past time before

Now i throw cry bombs hehehehe

Cry bomb hits me every time I setup train set in battleground start and it doesn't work anymore. I loved it so much.
Me and some other mages in my guild back in WoD would play the classic game of "Portal Roulete" whenever someone asked for a specific portal.