Fun (but harmless) ways to mess with people

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
In a raid back in BC, someone in my group was just casually walking back after a wipe.

My response, hide behind a corner, jump out and yell NONE SHALL PASS! "Divine intervention"
02/08/2017 06:41 PMPosted by Brannoc
On my priest, I'll find someone who is AFK, then mind control them to a different, random spot so they get confused when they come back.

if possible you could move them onto an elevator for the free rides, even better if you can get them onto the Suramar moving boats?

edit:

02/08/2017 08:09 PMPosted by Isurith
Me and some other mages in my guild back in WoD would play the classic game of "Portal Roulete" whenever someone asked for a specific portal.

you could set a portal down on the food buff table in lfr. As long as its not old dal, its harmless since they can just teleport back. Or inside of a lock's summon closet. ;D
02/08/2017 09:47 AMPosted by Hyperium
Let me hear your pranks!

I frequently send players grey items in the mail. Even to players I don't know on occasion.
Found a trick one time to make my hunter's pet auto-follow other players around. Can't remember how it was done or if it can still be done, but it confused quite a few players.

Not so harmless:
When level 60 was still the cap, I ran Scholomance with a few friends - one of which was a warrior tank who hadn't been there before. Convinced him that it was best to run right into the whelp room and body pull the first pack. He proceeded to get shot around the room like a ping-pong ball by the handlers before getting dunked down one of the chutes into Rattlegore's room. It didn't end well, but it was hilarious.
Tried the /e waves at you and no f***s were given by others in a crowded Stormwind.
02/08/2017 10:15 AMPosted by Countchocula
Opening a portal to Dalaran crater at the end of a guild raid so your friends can fall to their deaths!

I've never been affected, because I've always used my astral recall hearth spell or hearth stone.
02/08/2017 08:14 PMPosted by Kittsuera
02/08/2017 06:41 PMPosted by Brannoc
On my priest, I'll find someone who is AFK, then mind control them to a different, random spot so they get confused when they come back.

if possible you could move them onto an elevator for the free rides, even better if you can get them onto the Suramar moving boats?

edit:

02/08/2017 08:09 PMPosted by Isurith
Me and some other mages in my guild back in WoD would play the classic game of "Portal Roulete" whenever someone asked for a specific portal.

you could set a portal down on the food buff table in lfr. As long as its not old dal, its harmless since they can just teleport back. Or inside of a lock's summon closet. ;D

I usually eat my own food, since the food table gives me wrong stats. And if my food buff is down to a few minutes, I eat crispy bacon to renew the food buff timer.
/e has resets your combat pet to passive aggressive
02/08/2017 10:44 AMPosted by Cidfrostfire
I pranked my raid leader once by rolling a level 1 dwarf priest with the same name he had, except I used one of those alt symbol things to spell the name (a subtle difference, so nobody noticed). I used that character and threw raid invites to everyone at raid time. Took him a minute to figure out what was going on. He was in officer chat like "who the !@#$ is this guy, he has the same name I do and everything"

Also, my GM back in like Wrath got tired of people filling the guild bank with crap. He made the guild message of the day something like "Please stop putting useless %^-* in the guild bank. It is NOT a trash can"

So, naturally, we proceeded to buy useless !@#$ from vendors and stuff the guild bank until it had no open slots.

Also: go in trade chat and say something like "Miley Cyrus fan club meeting tonight! Just whisper [insert name of friend/guildy you want to prank here] for details"

When we prank each other, it's usually stuff like that.

Who needs enemies with friends like you
:P
Back in the day, I had an addon that would randomly add markers to people in BG's. It did nothing else. But it would drive people insane

Also the ol' reported addon got me so much fun.
02/08/2017 04:53 PMPosted by Magine
02/08/2017 12:18 PMPosted by Orichalcos
If I see a druid in cat or bear form sometimes I'll /pet them just to see how they'll respond lol

as a kitty druid alt I always respond with /me rubs up against your hand

That is so adorable, if you did that in game I might just have to add your btag lol
Remember the horror of the Train Set minding your own business looking through pages on the Auction House then suddenly... Chug a-Chuga Who o-hooo!!.. <Insert Rage Here> Never seen Trade and Say blow up in chat like that so fast.

I never did the deed I just always found it amusing all the rage that went on but no one bothered to get a Train Wrecker toy.. Now it's all about that Piccolo Flute.

(Hopefully didn't give people ideas)
I like to stand near the tops of elevators in raids. When people get close, I'll cast stampeding roar, causing them to speed up and possibly run off the edge.
02/08/2017 10:08 AMPosted by Foailtiama
02/08/2017 10:00 AMPosted by Yalaera

It would truly be a tragedy to pop it at the beginning of Nels Lair before the first boss.......
The self control I have to exhibit to not do that every time I'm in that dungeon.

Path of Frost is perfectly safe if your camera is pointed down. My M+ buddies know to do this. PUGs, not so much, even when I warn "point your camera down before you jump". Inevitably, someone dies.
When I play a Hunter, I like to use a that monkey from Swamp of Sorrows as my pet (the one with a fez) and name him after the raid leader.
Haven't done this in years but.....

If you ever played Everquest you know there was a Begging skill. So in the first 2 years of WoW, whenever someone begged me for stuff I would reply with:

"YOU have gotten better at Begging (1)"

If they kept begging I would use another macro to bump up the skill level. I had dozens and dozens of macros pre-made. I got someone up to 150 before I couldn't type anymore.
Putting up mage portals next to permanent portals and watch people's confusion when they click and nothing happens.

Slightly mean messing with people:

During BC when running lots of AV, put up a mage portal and "/y Click to summon my friend please!" Annnnnnd.... they are gone.
02/08/2017 11:12 AMPosted by Sparcle
Stormwind Gay Male Chorus forming. /whisper <<known homophobe on trade>> for details.

*sniffle* My friends thought it was funny. Oh well.

02/08/2017 04:53 PMPosted by Magine
02/08/2017 12:18 PMPosted by Orichalcos
If I see a druid in cat or bear form sometimes I'll /pet them just to see how they'll respond lol

as a kitty druid alt I always respond with /me rubs up against your hand

Awwww!

/pet

In past expansions, if I came across a grey item with an unusual name, I'd try to convince a friend to equip it for our weekly raid by telling them it had hidden stats.
Best one ever was to run up to the elevator in BWD, stand on the very edge, and jump up and down while saying "wow, when did they put an invisible wall here?"

I have wiped entire raids to the elevator boss.

I am not sorry.
go to a bg with singing sunflower. when you zone into goldshire, constantly jump with your flying mount to get the singing songflower sound.

sunflower
sunflower
sunflower