When was your class the most fun?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I played this hunter solely up until Legion crapped all over them.

This is the first time I've ever changed mains.
100% armor pen on my prot warrior, was fun times. (wotlk)
mana drain / outlast 2s arena team with an affliction warlock & holy paladin (wotlk)
1shotting the world as an arcane mage (wotlk)
1shotting the world as a DK (wotlk)
weird but fun hybrid specs with everything (wotlk)

seems to be a common theme to my fondest memories :P
MoP Combat Rogue. I had cloak of shadows that would instantly teleport me to an enemy position and killing spree that let me attack like the Tasmanian Devil. It was SO much fun to play!
Oddly enough, it's when my hunter still had mana and had to make/buy ammo.
To me, Hunters in Legion right now. Survival is awesome.
Wrath. Playing enhancement took a high skill cap. We didn't have a rotation. We were the first ones with priority based skills. We had to know what our melee and spell hit caps were, what speed of weapons we needed in each hand to offset the hidden internal Windfury cooldown, and we needed weapon skillups in about four weapons I think. Otherwise, we didn't hit anything.
All the time. Then again, I play for identity and persona, not for the numbers. I like this expasion for elemental shamans, only because of diversity of lightning and nature spells. Not only that, but lightning-rod and earth shock critical spells also trigger an actual lightning strike from above!

As a meteorology major, I approve of this design, as I base my class fantasy on my passion for severe weather.

Tornadoes, lightning, hail (enhancement), strong wind gusts, and yes, volcanoes and earthquakes!
When was your class the most fun?

At beginning of legion up until 7.1.5. (Enhancement)
For my Warlock:

Affliction in BC

Demonology in Legion

Destruction in MOP

For my Death Knight:

Unholy in Legion

Blood tie between Legion and MOP

Frost never xP
For DK:
Frost: Tie between WoD and Legion.
Blood: Tie between Cataclysm and MoP.
Unholy: Wrath.
I started playing in MoP, around the end'ish. I liked the classes best then, it's why I picked the ones I did. Their changes in WoD, hated it for the most part, cut down on my play time of some classes a lot. The changes now, totally ruined some classes for me and I don't even want to play them at all anymore.
My Hunter was fun until Legion came.
Probably Wrath of the Lich King Demonology or right now Demonology.

On the one hand I enjoyed that we still had corruption, doom, curse of agony, and immolation in addition to Rain of Fire, Hellfire, Soul Fire and many other abilities. I also LOVE huge DPS cooldown buttons that transform you, like Bestial Wrath, Ascendance and the first version of Metamorphosis.

However right now Demonology feels tight, focused and is a ton of fun.

So I would take back say, corruption, soul fire, and immolation just to have a little bit of green fire flavor and more stuff to do but overall I'm happy with Demonology right now. I just wish we had a big transformation DPS cooldown that lasted for 45 seconds or so, like the original Metamorphosis.

Summoning a Doomguard as our big "DPS" cooldown is a bit anti-climactic.
I'm having more fun with Affliction this expansion than I ever have.

02/14/2017 06:47 AMPosted by Supercell
As a meteorology major, I approve of this design, as I base my class fantasy on my passion for severe weather.

Thought of you this morning as I was watching the local news here in Houston. Some exciting weather here today.
02/14/2017 07:17 AMPosted by Stiorra
Probably Wrath of the Lich King Demonology or right now Demonology.

On the one hand I enjoyed that we still had corruption, doom, curse of agony, and immolation in addition to Rain of Fire, Hellfire, Soul Fire and many other abilities. I also LOVE huge DPS cooldown buttons that transform you, like Bestial Wrath, Ascendance and the first version of Metamorphosis.

However right now Demonology feels tight, focused and is a ton of fun.

So I would take back say, corruption, soul fire, and immolation just to have a little bit of green fire flavor and more stuff to do but overall I'm happy with Demonology right now. I just wish we had a big transformation DPS cooldown that lasted for 45 seconds or so, like the original Metamorphosis.

Summoning a Doomguard as our big "DPS" cooldown is a bit anti-climactic.

It's high time we summon Pitlords to do our bidding....especially given our Class Hall's setup .
I've never had a better time than with fury in 5.4. Blizzard had class design down in MoP, and pussied out because it was "too hard" and we had "too many buttons". 6.0 straight up ruined the game in terms of class design, and I doubt the game will ever make the return to Pre-Wod when it comes to class design/abilities.
02/14/2017 07:21 AMPosted by Sakkuan
I've never had a better time than with fury in 5.4. Blizzard had class design down in MoP, and pussied out because it was "too hard" and we had "too many buttons". 6.0 straight up ruined the game in terms of class design, and I doubt the game will ever make the return to Pre-Wod when it comes to class design/abilities.

Yeah, MoP fury was amazing. I enjoyed the banners, the intercept macros to break snares and all the micro gameplay that Warriors had in addition to Second Wind being awesome and lots of survival tools. Plus pretty awesome damage and a wicked sick rotation.

I have to agree MoP was the best time for Warriors.
'nilla or BC.
frost used to be such a fun spec. still fun, but not nearly as great as it used to be IMO.
My hunter was fun up until the Legion changes.

I enjoyed Survival through MoP. I dabbled into MM during WoD and liked the class there. And I felt BM was fun to play in MoP and WoD.
02/14/2017 07:25 AMPosted by Magine
'nilla or BC.
frost used to be such a fun spec. still fun, but not nearly as great as it used to be IMO.

I actually really enjoyed the 100% legitimate "Frost-Fire" spec during a short time it was available in Wrath of the Lich King. Then once they nerfed it and decided the "1,1,1,1,2" Arcane Gameplay should be the best and most fun spec for DPS I.....quit mage.

I haven't been able to get into it ever since. RIP Frost-Fire (it was a 100% legit and real spec and it was awesome)