Glacial spike DHT 15 (2 chest run)

Mage
For every person over the last few days who keeps spouting off 7.1 talking points about how you should only go fire for high level m+ blah blah blah... here you go.

https://youtu.be/-DSSjfUvIzE
Yeah boyyyyyyyy

Awesome work dude. Meowww!

I think I'll be running ice floes in volcanic though, that stuff just smashes me.
I'll either run floes or use the boots for volcanic. Probably won't stand around enough to use the boots though.

Also nice video, Brandon.
Nicely done. As someone who just made the switch to frost, I was worried I wouldn't be accepted too much to M+. What talent set up was used? I know I personally always run ice floes(moving while casting ebonbolt is worth it imo)
Who says that? lol
02/15/2017 07:02 AMPosted by Mythlos
Who says that? lol<em/>

No one smart. The usefulness of frost has long been acknowledged around here for both raids and M+.

But everyone likes to share when they do exceptionally well. Imaginary fire meanie-heads are as good an excuse as any. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will say that GS looks like a pretty fun build, and frost definitely looks fun overall. Just makes me wish legendaries were class-wide even more, so I could try another spec for once.
My dog two chested a +15.

But then again, he plays a Demon Hunter so...

But seriously,
I haven't heard someone say frost can't m+ since last patch. People do say it's at a disadvantage for large scale aoe, which is true, but I don't think people flat out refuse to bring them anymore. If anything frost is quickly on its way becoming the dreaded FOTM spec... DUN DUN DUN!
nice
My dog two chested a +15.

But then again, he plays a Demon Hunter so...

But seriously,
I haven't heard someone say frost can't m+ since last patch. People do say it's at a disadvantage for large scale aoe, which is true, but I don't think people flat out refuse to bring them anymore. If anything frost is quickly on its way becoming the dreaded FOTM spec... DUN DUN DUN!

So true. All I see everywhere is people talking about setting their loot spec to frost or how frost with an incomplete artifact beats their fire ST by 100k dps.

The scary part is what happens next? History seems to indicate frost will get nerfed rather than fire and arcane getting buffed. Sad panda.
Cool video brandon, glad to see foofoo (at least I assume it's him) still playing. This video makes frost look viable for M+'s, but I am far from convinced that it is better than fire. It is only a 15 on an easy week, but you are not making any big pulls, which is where fire really shines. This is doubly true on fortified weeks where boss dps is far less important than trash dps.

As an example, our usual pulls for DHT (we do this up to 19 on easier mod weeks) is double pack into bear then double pack if we made it in time or double pack into bear with pat then single pack if not. I spike to 3-3.5m dps on the first double pack (I have burning wish + DB helm) and hold around 1.2m to the first boss. I don't know what foofoo's spec is, but I play virtually always play ROP/kindling for M+ (I play MI/meteor for high tyrannical keys) and DHT is 100% a Flame Patch dungeon.

Kind of sad to see frost at least close to fire's ballpark though. Not because frost is stronger than it was before (that's cool, all for that), but because fire is relatively so much weaker than it was in 7.1 (fire went from top 3 specs in the game for m+ in 7.1 to solidly above average in 7.1.5).
02/15/2017 01:48 PMPosted by Akarii
Cool video brandon, glad to see foofoo (at least I assume it's him) still playing. This video makes frost look viable for M+'s, but I am far from convinced that it is better than fire. It is only a 15 on an easy week, but you are not making any big pulls, which is where fire really shines. This is doubly true on fortified weeks where boss dps is far less important than trash dps.

As an example, our usual pulls for DHT (we do this up to 19 on easier mod weeks) is double pack into bear then double pack if we made it in time or double pack into bear with pat then single pack if not. I spike to 3-3.5m dps on the first double pack (I have burning wish + DB helm) and hold around 1.2m to the first boss. I don't know what foofoo's spec is, but I play virtually always play ROP/kindling for M+ (I play MI/meteor for high tyrannical keys) and DHT is 100% a Flame Patch dungeon.

Kind of sad to see frost at least close to fire's ballpark though. Not because frost is stronger than it was before (that's cool, all for that), but because fire is relatively so much weaker than it was in 7.1 (fire went from top 3 specs in the game for m+ in 7.1 to solidly above average in 7.1.5).

No one is saying it's better than fire. We're saying it's more than viable in higher m+ (as there's been plenty of people laughing when frost mages say we do well).
Yes Akari, that is foofoo and we are still playing 10+ years later lol. As far as the video, the point is just that frost can do very well in high level m+ and that it is not hard and doesn't take much extra effort to do so.
02/15/2017 01:48 PMPosted by Akarii

wow its almost like they designed m+ affixes so different classes/specs would have a better time depending on the affixes