Killpoints to track Legendary

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Just watched a video from Taliesin & Evitel demonstrating a site that kinda tracks Legendary drop chance. Not 100% accurate but its nice to see how much you have done and the likely hood you'll get your next one.

Says I have 583 points and just got my second one yesterday! Figured I would post this if anyone else is interested.

https://rsuurd.github.io/killpoints/
02/03/2017 05:03 PMPosted by Daminocus
Just watched a video from Taliesin & Evitel demonstrating a site that kinda tracks Legendary drop chance. Not 100% accurate but its nice to see how much you have done and the likely hood you'll get your next one.

Says I have 583 points and just got my second one yesterday! Figured I would post this if anyone else is interested.

https://rsuurd.github.io/killpoints/

That's sort of discouraging considering I got my 5th almost on point with where it says I should have. It's actually quicker to re roll and get 5 than it is to wait for 6th.
And it is showing me I should have more than one legendary...I don't.
For some reason when I try it it keeps giving me an error.

Selected US from dropdown. Typed in Silvermoon. Then character name. Then calculate and "failed to fetch".
02/03/2017 06:32 PMPosted by Savianis

Then you got a pretty good chance of getting a new one soon.
Of course its not 100% chance, but I wouldn't do any off-spec gear farming atm.
02/03/2017 06:32 PMPosted by Savianis

Have to keep in mind it's based on averages so its not going to be exact. I was somewhere around +300-400 higher when I grabbed 5th. Which is still very close. It felt like it took forever to go from 4 to 5 and this sort of explains it. Dozen raid clears, kara almost every week hundreds of m+.

Although I would say you are more so on the unlucky side of true because I got a buddy who rolls a new alt almost weekly and within a week or two grabbed his 1st on each character.
I posted the explanation of EXACTLY how KP works in another thread and was downvoted because people are convinced I'm wearing a tinfoil hat.

It exists people, IT EXISTS. |KillPoints|
While interesting it's not really accurate considering I have one legendary and it says i should have two.
02/03/2017 06:38 PMPosted by Kozra
I posted the explanation of EXACTLY how KP works in another thread and was downvoted because people are convinced I'm wearing a tinfoil hat.

It exists people, IT EXISTS. |KillPoints|

Trust me man the people that have hundreds of m+ dungeons completed (currently at nearly 850 not to mention regular mythic) and a dozen raid clears know it exists along with diminishing returns. It's the people that typically have <5 dungeons completed and lfr completed once or twice defending the system that rng is rng.
It also pretty much says at the bottom "this is based on feelings, not facts"

And I just noticed where the source of the research came from. It was from data drawn from back when they had the "4 cap" still in place.
02/03/2017 06:40 PMPosted by Register
While interesting it's not really accurate considering I have one legendary and it says i should have two.

It's not an exact math, what it means is that you've done enough things that reward KP that the likelihood of you receiving your next legendary is high, and that you should expect one soon.
misread.
Says I should have 4.

I have 6.

/flex
Keep in mind this tool is using numbers from a thread on MMO Champion and not official Blizzard numbers. It's a useful tool for estimating when your (next) legendary should drop, but the number of KP your toon has is never going to be completely accurate for everyone unless Blizzard themselves says "this is exactly how bad luck protection works."

For what it's worth, it says two of my 110s should have their first and they have significantly more KP than they actually do, because I haven't logged into either for almost two months. For the two primary characters I do spend some time on every day, it's slightly more accurate for one of the two as it says both should be nearing their third legendary when one of them already has three.
Well, my main is currently sitting at *Should have two Legendaries* and he currently has *zero Legendaries* so...
02/03/2017 06:45 PMPosted by Bearfu
Keep in mind this tool is using numbers from a thread on MMO Champion and not official Blizzard numbers. It's a useful tool for estimating when your (next) legendary should drop, but the number of KP your toon has is never going to be completely accurate for everyone unless Blizzard themselves says "this is exactly how bad luck protection works."

[/quote]

I 100% believe blizzard totally bad luck protection in every aspect of implementation and they are just too chicken to admit it.

Also, legendaries wouldn't be an issue at all if there wasn't such a disparity between them tbh. The amount of RNG in legion is a huge turnoff for a lot of folks.
Or perhaps some people are legitimately luckier than others when it comes to looting legendaries?

We'll never know exactly what goes on under the hood with bad luck protection unless Blizzard outright says "here's how it works." Everyone's free to believe what they want, but without hard numbers to work with it's hard to look at the subject objectively when people who have more (or better) legendaries than others are praising the system with others claiming it's broken when they may actually just be unlucky.

From a feelycraft perspective, I agree the system has its flaws From a numbercrafting point of view, it's impossible to determine whether things are actually working as intended.
02/03/2017 06:50 PMPosted by Register
02/03/2017 06:45 PMPosted by Bearfu

[/quote]

Ya well this legendary system was a horrible idea. The implementation was awful.
Or perhaps some people are legitimately luckier than others when it comes to looting legendaries?

We'll never know exactly what goes on under the hood with bad luck protection unless Blizzard outright says "here's how it works." Everyone's free to believe what they want, but without hard numbers to work with it's hard to look at the subject objectively when people who have more (or better) legendaries than others are praising the system with others claiming it's broken when they may actually just be unlucky.

From a feelycraft perspective, I agree the system has its flaws From a numbercrafting point of view, it's impossible to determine whether things are actually working as intended.[/quote]

It's rather easy to look at it objectively from a number of view points.

All hypothetical numbers and such incoming

Legendary 1 - +20k dps
Legendary 2 - +5k dps

When luck determines how well you do as a dps then you can just throw skill right out the window.

Leaving things to luck in a game like this is pretty ridiculous. On top of that people can't even work toward getting Leg 1 in any meaningful manner. On top of that they could get Leg 14 which only adds 1k dps instead of Leg 1 or they could get Leg 5 which adds 50k dps.

It's a rather stupid and ridiculous that Blizzard implemented the system this way. I'm not even going to get into the whole Legendaries aren't really legendary when everybody has one debate.

When your performance in game can be dictated by how lucky you are in comparison to similarily geared players of the same class then it becomes more beneficial to reroll until you get the #1 options for your class/spec than it is to keep playing that same character hoping you get lucky.

All in all, it's a complete !@#$ system but Blizzard thinks it's amazing. Blizzard thinks all this RNG is just great and what they say is fun is what is fun. To hell with the consumers who give feedback. It's been this way at Blizzard for a while and unfortunately with the changes in management of WoW it's not going to change at anytime in the near future. WoW subscribers spoke with the only voice that Blizzard understands in WoD and that's with their wallet. Funny how that works.
Says I should have one so far.
I have three.
I get that it's an estimate, but that's a pretty bad estimate when working with this large a group, and this low of a number of legendaries.