Kicking from normal?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
01/31/2017 10:30 PMPosted by Ealdin

Are you that good with all of them?

www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/17861078/latest

I bet you never wasted someones times.

I parse bad off spec on an alt? Damn you sure got me.... What's that? I clear more content then you? Awkward.... Sell a token on Bleeding Hollow, I'll help you with Gul'dan since you seem to be struggling.
Just ignore him guys. Less fuel for his fire.
GO go go go go and ppl say this is good lol
Not in every situation
01/31/2017 07:09 PMPosted by Schtevengi
You aren't the only one running into douches.

The last time WOTLK was on timewalking, I thought I'd run through a few of them as a tank - it's not my primary spec, but I'm familiar enough with the concepts of tanking, and I am DAMN sure I know how to run WOTLK dungeons, they are where I cut my teeth learning to play in a group all those years ago.

Queue up, get Nexus. Easy!

As soon as the group all zones in, I start off towards the first mob. Down it, easy. Then two DPS run ahead and start attacking the next packs.

As much as I'd like the timewalking rewards...not gonna put up with that crap. I am the tank, I pull. End of discussion. If I was not pulling fast enough, say after several packs of mobs, ffs, say something.

So I say "Obviously you are awesome enough to not need a tank, so I'm just gonna drop group." Trying to pick up trash that goes after DPS is NOT the way I enjoy the game, and if I'm not enjoying the game I'm not going to play it.

I'll never tank again, and I'm very reluctant to heal on my druid. So that leaves DPS...so fear not, people insane enough to want to tank randoms - there will be at least ONE DPS that knows their place.

That place, of course, is waiting to start the pew-pew until the TANK pulls it.

I really don't like your outlook on tanking. If your pace is boring people to the point where they feel the urge to pull stuff on their own, and they're not causing anyone to die while doing it, then the group can objectively afford to go faster. However, if the healer can't keep them up when they pull stuff, then maybe they shouldn't have pulled. On the other hand, if the reason the healer couldn't keep them up is because you didn't even try to take aggro, then you are partially responsible for their deaths.

Here's how I play: I try to tank at a pace that is just slow enough for everyone to survive without too much trouble. It makes the dungeon more exciting and fine tunes the difficulty so that it's just beneath our comfortable limit. If a damage dealer pulls, it means they're confident that we can pull more; and I always try to pick up what they pulled. I don't give them an attitude. I only criticize them for pulling if we genuinely can't live through it. If the group lives while I'm doing my best to pick everything up, then we've established a new pace that is working for us. No harm done.
01/31/2017 10:54 PMPosted by Ðaut

I parse bad off spec on an alt? Damn you sure got me.... What's that? I clear more content then you? Awkward.... Sell a token on Bleeding Hollow, I'll help you with Gul'dan since you seem to be struggling.

I'm not struggling. Not even tried Gul'dan yet. I might struggle in the future, but that's ok, I'm not the one posing as something I'm not.

Fact is, you are getting carried by your guild. Might be an alt, but that's exactly the position the OP was in.

You are just trolling, still good to point it out.
I've had hundreds and hundreds of completely uneventful, even pleasant runs. Once in a while you get a bad group or a bad apple, but really it's a vast minority. They just tend to stand out more.
I got kicked on an alt the other day. I was 2nd in DPS, we'd had no problems. I whispered the tank and asked why. His response was two words: slu7 mog. People are petty and will kick over anything. It's just the way it is.
01/31/2017 09:46 PMPosted by Ðaut
01/31/2017 09:19 PMPosted by Marriama

Something or other tells me they're from the same school of thought that thinks screaming at and belittling fat people helps motivate them to lose weight, among other things.

You appear to be under the impression that linking damage meters and ridiculing players is my way of motivating them, it is not. I have no interest in these people becoming better all I care about is my time being used efficiently as possible. When I am raid/group lead that means kicking people, in a dungeon finder group that means "motivating" that player to find another group to play with.

If they get better in the future great! They just won't be wasting time learning in my group.

I just don't understand why you make a practice of running normal dungeons through the dungeon finder with an 890+ ilvl, unless you do it just to stalk and harass other players.

And if you don't, what are you doing taking space in this thread?
01/31/2017 11:17 PMPosted by Ealdin

I'm not struggling. Not even tried Gul'dan yet. I might struggle in the future, but that's ok, I'm not the one posing as something I'm not.

Fact is, you are getting carried by your guild. Might be an alt, but that's exactly the position the OP was in.

The tier has been out 3 weeks and you haven't killed. You've been struggling for weeks. Drop your btag qt, daddy's got you.
When I was leveling, which was when the expansion had just come out, I was kicked for "pulling everything with barrage". At least that is what the tank said before I was suddenly booted.

I was Survival at the time.

Part of the problem might be that Legion more so than any previous expansion wants you to run dungeons constantly for chances at Legendaries or War/Titanforging. Now I don't think there is any problem with lengthening a dungeon's lifespan because honestly before we'd just outlevel them and never, ever do them again. The problem is anyone wanting to chain run them will get impatient with a new player.

And I'm sure that's one of the reason this game churns new players: Lack of patience in a not insignificant portion of the old guard.
01/31/2017 09:03 PMPosted by Ðaut
01/31/2017 08:44 PMPosted by Thôr
Saw this first hand on my alt a fresh 110 was booted for not pulling 300k in normal eye, they had quest gear on needless to say I as the healer left as soon as the tank pulled after telling them what dumb !@#$s they were. To hopped on my main blitz through a few dungeons with the poor guy. Getting real sick these elitist %^-*!@#s.

I dont give 2 $%^-s what your dps is in a dungeon with no timer know your role stop being pricks.

Do you expect some form of congratulation for wasting your time? You allowed a bad player to slow your progress and even worse encouraged his poor performance with positive reinforcement. You are the cancer killing wow.

I've seen a lot of schmucks in my time, but you just might be the largest. Who in the hell do you think you are to claim the game is ruined by people of lesser skill than you? I don't give a rat's !@# what kind of DPS you can pull. I hate running with guys like you. I'd rather wipe ten times and laugh about it with someone trying and letting the tank do their job than with a-holes like you that want to pull the whole dungeon at once. Don't like low DPS stay the hell out of dungeons with low levels and new 110's...for that matter stay the hell out of LFD and go run with the rest of your elite jagoff buddies.
Queued up for a heroic yesterday. Just as all 5 of us got ported in, the tank mounts up and pulls every single mob up to the first boss. I finally catch up to him as he's about to die and throw a heal. The mobs all turn on me instantly and I die. Clicked on leave instance. Not putting up with that crap anymore.
01/31/2017 11:28 PMPosted by Ðaut
01/31/2017 11:17 PMPosted by Ealdin

The tier has been out 3 weeks and you haven't killed. You've been struggling for weeks. Drop your btag qt, daddy's got you.

how did this go from normal Dungeons to normal raids?
01/31/2017 09:06 PMPosted by Ðaut
Who do you think is carrying your keys every week?

No one, I run my keys with my guild.
i actually have a story like this my gf mother just pass on so i invite her wow to play get her mood up and keep her mind busy

so she a healer i'm a tank and the dps kept pulling ahead of me she one of them died then blames her ( they pulled a mob ahead of us) and his friend who also que with him joins in both raging saying bad heals can't keep us up

out of no where one of t hem '' your mother should of aborted you useless heals'' and shes like her mom just passed on and his friend goes ''goood i hope she suffers'' they both leave group she was in tears and i haven't been able to have her log on since."

it sucks because i enjoyed hearing her laugh when i did stupid things as a tank but she basically hates the game so meh
02/01/2017 12:03 AMPosted by Nânâ
i actually have a story like this my gf mother just pass on so i invite her wow to play get her mood up and keep her mind busy

so she a healer i'm a tank and the dps kept pulling ahead of me she one of them died then blames her ( they pulled a mob ahead of us) and his friend who also que with him joins in both raging saying bad heals can't keep us up

out of no where one of t hem '' your mother should of aborted you useless heals'' and shes like her mom just passed on and his friend goes ''goood i hope she suffers'' they both leave group she was in tears and i haven't been able to have her log on since."

it sucks because i enjoyed hearing her laugh when i did stupid things as a tank but she basically hates the game so meh

IMO those kinds of players should be silenced and banned from all Blizzard game.
01/31/2017 09:19 PMPosted by Marriama
01/31/2017 06:52 PMPosted by Krizzo

that is rather rude don't you think?

Something or other tells me they're from the same school of thought that thinks screaming at and belittling fat people helps motivate them to lose weight, among other things.

Yes because the 'you are beautiful and healthy at every size we accept you no matter what" approach is really helping people lose weight compared to being ridiculed. Unlike being bad at wow being fat is 99% of the time someones choice they are making by repeating the same mistakes every day.
I guess I've been extemely lucky as I havent fallen under any of the bad apple's radar this xpac, but I have seen some really petty things happen. One that stands out in my mind is someone grabbed a WQ item that was right where we were walking anyway (no mobs in the way and didnt aggro) and they got kicked for doing a WQ. Yes "doing WQ" was in the vote thing. Seriously? And none of these people were that geared either. This was a normal I was doing for some class hall thing too. Yeesh.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I kick !@#$ters at all levels of play.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Oh no my 5th alt with a touch over 1 day /played isn't 880? Thankfully I have 4 other toons 890+. Thanks for playing trashcan.

WOOOAH BEST PERFORMANCE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet this guys is one of the "OH I'M SO GOOD I KILL EVERYTHING FAST BECAUSE I OVERGEAR THE CONTENT" but his performance is just WOW

Good burn