Pathfinder is not fun and flight delay sucks

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 22 Next
What's the point of flying if you already cleared all the content? Well there's still WQ's and flying to meeting stones. Not sure what the OP meant by saying "we still won't have flight until we complete yet ANOTHER rep grind" I already earned my Pathfinder achievement, is there more needed?
02/14/2017 09:09 AMPosted by Aristah
If this is how Blizz intends to do it going forward maybe I should just wait to sub until flight is in?
And you'd be right back her crying how far behind you are and expecting ways to catch up because you "took a break".
02/14/2017 01:47 PMPosted by Hony
What's the point of flying if you already cleared all the content? Well there's still WQ's and flying to meeting stones. Not sure what the OP meant by saying "we still won't have flight until we complete yet ANOTHER rep grind" I already earned my Pathfinder achievement, is there more needed?

You've earned part 1. Yes there is a part 2 & it involves a rep grind. I haven't really paid attention to much detail beyond that though. I kinda just log in do my WQ & log out unless it's a raid night.
02/14/2017 01:47 PMPosted by Hony

There's a part 2. It has its own exploration, questing, and reputation requirements.

Requirements for part 2:
• Complete Pathfinder part 1
• Explore Broken Shore: Explore the Broken Shore, revealing the covered areas of the world map.
• Defender of the Broken Isles: Repel Legion assaults upon each of the Broken Isles zones.
• Legionfall Commander: Earn Exalted status with the Armies of Legionfall.
• Breaching the Tomb: Complete the Legionfall campaign.
YA know....back in my day we didn't even have flying unless we used taxi services v_v

There are pro's and con's of delaying it liek they did, but its their choice and nothing players do will change it.
02/14/2017 10:01 AMPosted by Aristah
02/14/2017 09:54 AMPosted by Ladea
Legion's felt like an expansion where the later you start the better off you are, which is something I'll be keeping in mind for next time.
That is the direction I'm leaning going forward. Next expansion I may just wait until flight is released to sub.

That is what I have done, wont buy until flight is fully achievable in game, the longer it take the greater the chance I wont even bother.
Because afking on an fp is SOOOOOO epic.

No, it isnt.
Lol op has it so tough...
Just sayn...
I believe when you do something it should match.
Since my first post is at -40voted
I desire to be able... To fly when I complete the achievement.
Not when I have no need for the reward.
So when I said I am just starting DH's, I meant why bother running running alts, I need a break from my mains.
02/14/2017 02:52 PMPosted by Walkerbo
02/14/2017 10:01 AMPosted by Aristah
...That is the direction I'm leaning going forward. Next expansion I may just wait until flight is released to sub.

That is what I have done, wont buy until flight is fully achievable in game, the longer it take the greater the chance I wont even bother.

Don't understand the reasoning behind these posters. Why don't you play now, get the requirements done, then go on vacation til flight is patched in? Why wait to buy Legion until there's flight...then gotta play for like 5 months to get things done to actually fly.

Do you actually think if you wait long enough, they'll wipe out all the requirements and let you do things - while we're in the current xpac?? How'd that work out for you in Draenor? Or getting to Ordos?

Either shut up and play the game or go play something else. These flight threads are just fodder for arguments. Mine included.
I mean blizzard originally planned to never allow flying in new areas because people where using it to skip content. your entire post just shows that even if they make a compromise people are still going to whine that they can't skip content : /

I am fundamentally against locking flight behind a gate which requires you to exhaust everything that you would use flight on. It makes the "reward" of flying virtually worthless. I'm perfectly ok with having the unlock of flight be something that requires time and effort. But when the only time I get to fly is after I've already cleared the entire game, flight becomes useless.

this post alone I think shows that no matter what they do people aren't going to be happy with a compromise. So maybe just removing it and putting their foot down is the way to go since it's causing so many issues : /
So maybe just removing it and putting their foot down is the way to go since it's causing so many issues : /

They tried that. And then wished they hadnt.
02/14/2017 04:59 PMPosted by Aehl
So maybe just removing it and putting their foot down is the way to go since it's causing so many issues : /

and people are still whining that they made a compromise. their already losing subs better to just stick to their guns then to be critiqued for something they didn't even want to do in the first place
Warlords Pathfinder is why son left and the additions to PF in Legion are why my wife then my daughter left and I will be following them out once sub expires 3/31.

I/we get it get it that a lot of players fully support PF and my wife and I though not thrilled in warlords were in the end accepting since nothing in Warlords Pathfinder were tied to group content. Legion and the group requirements plus group requirements for professions to and that ended it for us.

I will be curious post 7.2 and players complete part 2 of PF to see just how well the game holds out when it hits players that PF meant a completed world, from open world to a number of dungeons down to a raid boss, Pathfinders reward will only be given once the world is consumed.

Makes no sense to my family to want to slow the consumption of content but reward the player for consuming the same content at approximately the 1/2 way point in the expansion and then nothing, so reward with flying in a world Blizzard required be completed, consumed and then what?

Farm instances as always and now far some reps, farm some world quests, for us, no thanks.
02/14/2017 04:59 PMPosted by Aehl

and people are still whining that they made a compromise. their already losing subs better to just stick to their guns then to be critiqued for something they didn't even want to do in the first place

That's a good way to lose your favorite game. ;)
02/14/2017 04:55 PMPosted by Quizotic
I mean blizzard originally planned to never allow flying in new areas because people where using it to skip content. your entire post just shows that even if they make a compromise people are still going to whine that they can't skip content : /

I am fundamentally against locking flight behind a gate which requires you to exhaust everything that you would use flight on. It makes the "reward" of flying virtually worthless. I'm perfectly ok with having the unlock of flight be something that requires time and effort. But when the only time I get to fly is after I've already cleared the entire game, flight becomes useless.

this post alone I think shows that no matter what they do people aren't going to be happy with a compromise. So maybe just removing it and putting their foot down is the way to go since it's causing so many issues : /

I have to comment on this, where was their concern about content or players skipping content from classic through MOP? There was no flying in classic and players skipped content then. Players have skipped content from launch until Warlords and only in Warlords did flying ever become an issue.

Maybe just me but were I a game developer, not sure I would feel as successful if I had to go the route of "requiring" content. To me, design a game put the content out there and be glad you have a vast and varied player base who all gravitate to the content each enjoys.

I simply don't believe their views per content being skipped, I and many I know enjoyed the questing and did it with out a pathfinder, during lulls in content NO pathfinder meant there was still some world to complete.

Now they want to slow content consumption and reward us for consuming the same damn content approx. a year before new content.................sigh.

Not a problem. As long as they can deal with a substantially reduced playerbase. Provided that's not an issue for them.

And if anyone thinks this is not a distinct possibility, do yourself a favor and take off the blinders.

The "skipping content" argument is weak and doesn't even apply to how they've designed the game since vanilla.

And if Blizz really cared about us "skipping content" then they wouldn't have given us the Flight Master's Whistle or stuff like the Goblin Glider, Kite, or Emerald Winds.

Someone brought up Jade Darkhaven earlier. They fought their way along the ground to get to her tower. Meanwhile I just glided to the top of the tower on all of my level 110 characters.

Most world quests either require that you kill everything nearby or you can reach the target without attacking anything else on the way. There's almost no content that can be skipped while flying that you can't already skip without flying.
02/14/2017 05:06 PMPosted by Quizotic

The problem isn't so much with Pathfinder as with the 8+ month wait after the expansion launch to finally be able to fly. By that time they've dangled the carrot for so long that it's turning black and rotten.
02/14/2017 05:22 PMPosted by Perigort

Not a problem. As long as they can deal with a substantially reduced playerbase. Provided that's not an issue for them.

And if anyone thinks this is not a distinct possibility, do yourself a favor and take off the blinders.

Considering some MMORPGs out there are still operating with only a few hundred thousand players, I don't think Blizzard has anything to worry about.

Remember that when WoW started, they were planning for half a million and dreaming of one million. The game is still far beyond that regardless of how many subs they've lost in the last few years.

It just comes down to whether they would feel that continuing WoW was worth the tie up of the office and data center space, or if they would be better off shutting WoW down and turning that space over to another game that would potentially be more profitable.

It does mean they no longer would have the WoW revenue to help pay off Activision Blizzard debt they picked up by buying themselves out from Vivendi then purchasing King and MLG.

I still think it's all silly when they could just include flying as it existed in the past and people were happy overall. All this Pathfinder stuff is not doing anything to encourage more people to play, and it's cutting down on how much others are willing to.

02/14/2017 05:24 PMPosted by Rankìn
02/14/2017 05:06 PMPosted by Quizotic

The problem isn't so much with Pathfinder as with the 8+ month wait after the expansion launch to finally be able to fly. By that time they've dangled the carrot for so long that it's turning black and rotten.

That's on the player, to be honest.

Blizzard was upfront about their intent on how Pathfinder for Legion was going to play out. A lot of us thought that it would be over a year before flying would be available but it looks like people are going to be able to start flying by June. People should be happy it's happening this soon instead of later. Blizzard easily could have required people to complete the 7.3 Argus content as well.

People had the option to delay purchase of Legion until flying was available if they wanted. Some of us have done/are doing that. I don't see the carrot as black and rotten because I haven't put any effort into chasing it yet. Maybe if others had thought ahead, it wouldn't be black and rotten for them either.
Just be glad all you crybabies got your way and got flying added back to the game.

Some people are never satisfied, they want everything just handed to them without putting forth any effort.

Incoming deluge of downvotes by impotent children who think downvoting accomplishes anything.