Pathfinder is not fun and flight delay sucks

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 22 Next
I want flying a LOT sooner than we got it in WoD and Legion.

Seriously Blizz you lost this argument in WoD when people quit because of flying and you're doing it again. You thought you were so clever gating it behind achievements and patches. Now people are getting fed up again. Talk about learning the hard way.
02/14/2017 05:46 PMPosted by Zaranthosdk

Seriously Blizz you lost this argument in WoD when people quit because of flying and you're doing it again. You thought you were so clever gating it behind achievements and patches. Now people are getting fed up again. Talk about learning the hard way.

"I quit" isn't an argument.
I'm just waiting for flight in 7.2 and it immediately being taken away in 7.3
02/14/2017 05:49 PMPosted by Gryth

"I quit" isn't an argument.

Unprofitable, unfortunately, is though.
02/14/2017 05:45 PMPosted by Gryth
Just be glad all you crybabies got your way and got flying added back to the game.

Some people are never satisfied, they want everything just handed to them without putting forth any effort.

Incoming deluge of downvotes by impotent children who think downvoting accomplishes anything.

Where has anyone asked for something to be handed to them for no effort?

What people wanted was to be able to get flying just as they always had in the past. By earning gold through game play of their choice, then paying a trainer.

What in that equals "no effort" to you?

Why do you take offense at people wanting to enjoy the game just as they always have?

Have they lost? They got people to buy the expansion. They got people to either pay a sub fee with their own money or get others to pay for it in exchange for gold.

If they got an expansion purchase plus 6 months of paid game time out of a player before that player gave up and quit, I doubt they're seeing it as a loss. It's still not as much as they would have made by simply making the game enjoyable so the player would have been encouraged to remain subbed longer but I don't think that really matters to them anymore.

02/14/2017 05:55 PMPosted by Nebekinezzar
I'm just waiting for flight in 7.2 and it immediately being taken away in 7.3

If Argus has content designed similar to what we're getting with Broken Shore, it won't matter. People won't have enough incentive to bother going to Argus unless showing up for whatever the Argus raid is.

As it is, I spend maybe 15 minutes a day in the Broken Shore on the PTR and that's already without flying. Get 4 world quests done then the only thing left is rare farming but they only drop war supplies and order resources so they aren't worth the effort. I can get more order resources for less effort by doing world quests in other zones.
Some people are never satisfied, they want everything just handed to them without putting forth any effort.

where was your effort for classic, BC, Wrath and Cata?
02/14/2017 09:28 AMPosted by Lolmaru
Wish they'd make flight only zones like back in BC. Only reachable once you get flying.

Thats how you gate content! Attunements were a gate too.
Seriously , the dev Team B just come off as lazy for pushing to delay flying. Sooo missing Dev Team A from wotlk.
My thoughts on pathfinder:

Honestly, I don't mind it. I just wish it wasnt such a grind. I understand completing the story. I understand exploring the area. But I do believe the rep grinds is a bit over doing it. It feels like blizz is buying time with menial tasks so they dont have to push too much content out. How ever, I do like an idea they had in MoP, and in WoD. First idea was have dungeons help get you rep. Which was in MoP. It helped get loads of rep if you grind dungeons. WoD had tokens. Which gave a decent amount of rep. How ever, I feel right now dailies for rep grind is a chore. And no one really likes chores. I get some people enjoy playing the game. Enjoy the constant grinding. But with so much to do in the game, why make us also have to grind rep? You honestly should leave rep grinding for people who want the vanity items. Not something like flying. Flying makes leveling alt's easier. So for us to have to put our alt's on hold a bit, to grind rep is kind of a drag. Plus, and I want to be clear this is my opinion on the matter: this expac already feels grindy af. From having to farm 3 parts for your weapon (relics) Artifact power to make sure you are par. And wq to get the third relic slot. You've also included having to grind rep. So basically wow is slowly beginning to feel soul sucking/a job.

For those who complain about world pvp: I believe wow can fix that with another item that includes another mount/vanity items. Like the ordos coins.

TL;DR: Pathfinding would be better with out rep grind. For world pvp add something that gives mounts/vanity items.
I mean I pretty much agree that flying should've been given to us as soon as we finish Pathfinder, instead of finishing it and then waiting around for a future patch. But I don't know what else to say at this point when it's all been said. Hopefully Blizzard is more lenient about this in the future.
The thing of it is, and this is something that seems to be reminded of people regularly. Flying was intended on being taken out of the game entirely with WoD. Blizzard has said more than once that flying was something they felt should have died with BC. It was implemented in BC, and it should have been removed in the same expansion.

Pathfinder is a middleman to a system that they compromised with us on. They wanted it gone entirely, and instead, they gave us a way to earn it so we have it and we're getting it in the middle of an expac, in what they call, the largest patch they've ever done.

Regardless of what side of the fence you're on, Pathfinder is the system in place. There are so many threads complaining about its implementation and how players feel Blizz could have done it better. But none of that matters. It's their system, they're choosing to go about it this way, the fact we're getting flying at all is a bonus, and cluttering up the forums every day with multiple pathfinder threads is simply getting old.

No one cares what side of the fence you're on. People are gonna agree and disagree. There are some things we cannot change. Pathfinder is one of them. So we play the game we love to play anyway.
02/14/2017 09:09 AMPosted by Aristah
If this is how Blizz intends to do it going forward maybe I should just wait to sub until flight is in

I'm finding myself moving in that direction more and more. Who knows if I'll be interested by then. No flight is downright aggravating.
02/14/2017 10:48 PMPosted by Shadina
The thing of it is, and this is something that seems to be reminded of people regularly. Flying was intended on being taken out of the game entirely with WoD. Blizzard has said more than once that flying was something they felt should have died with BC. It was implemented in BC, and it should have been removed in the same expansion.

Pathfinder is a middleman to a system that they compromised with us on. They wanted it gone entirely, and instead, they gave us a way to earn it so we have it and we're getting it in the middle of an expac, in what they call, the largest patch they've ever done.

Regardless of what side of the fence you're on, Pathfinder is the system in place. There are so many threads complaining about its implementation and how players feel Blizz could have done it better. But none of that matters. It's their system, they're choosing to go about it this way, the fact we're getting flying at all is a bonus, and cluttering up the forums every day with multiple pathfinder threads is simply getting old.

No one cares what side of the fence you're on. People are gonna agree and disagree. There are some things we cannot change. Pathfinder is one of them. So we play the game we love to play anyway.
Isn't that precisely what the forums are for? Isn't this what Blizz tells us they WANT us to do if we have a problem with their game. I get that you're trying to be nice. You are one of the few in this thread that didn't use derogatory terms and that is appreciated. But the truth is that this is our only real way of communicating with Blizz and letting them know that we don't like something. Sure Pathfinder Part 1 annoyed me, but if that had been it and I got flight after completing 5 rep grinds, the story in every single zone of the expansion and additional story gated behind a new faction's rep that only unlocked when you reached exalted with that faction, then I wouldn't be here saying anything. Yeah, I think that's too much, but I'd have swallowed it and said "that's their vision" and moved on to flying and playing.

But to require all of that, and then put in three more patches that before flight was unlocked and THEN only unlocked after yet another rep grind, more story in a new zone and having done the demon invasion in every zone, that's just too far and too long to wait. If they do Pathfinder again in the next expansion, and I have no doubt they will, then it needs to be able to be fully completed and unlocked at launch. Gate it behind the story and reps. I won't like it, but I'll do it. And then let me fly. But if I do everything they ask and they still make me wait, I won't sub until their is an actual path to flight that can be fully completed.
ill get by using the flight whistle to get to a high point, then double jump and glide. at least the isle isnt that big.

key words right there. If flight were implemented, you quickly see just how small BI really is.

This. By the time we get it it won't matter. Just put it back like it was where we can buy flying when we hit max level.
Ok I get that the Dev's don't like flying. I appreciate that they made a compromise back in WoD and gave me a path to obtain flying. But what they are doing in Legion is just ridiculous. Quite honestly I believe they are seeing how far they can go with this garbage and the community 'just accept it'.

I appreciate the whistle. Because without it I would have been on the forums a lot sooner discussing this very topic. But come 7.2 the time has come to allow flying in the game. Period. By that point we've lived without it for half of the expansion we should get to enjoy it for the remainder..

None of this, no flying in new content crap.. Give me the damn keys to my mounts and let me enjoy the game my way.
Let me fix this for you.

Pathfinder IS fun and flight delay is like, who cares?

There we go.

Rock on!
Not helpful... at all. But thanks I guess?
02/14/2017 09:25 AMPosted by Erthan
Man so many gold farmers butt hurt that their farming methods are slightly less efficient. That is the only reason you might need flying right now.

I like pathfinder. I like completing the content of an expansion to earn flying. I like that it unlocks for all my characters once I earn it. I haven't missed flying this expansion. Stop pretending you are the majority fly babies.

Except I'm not a gold farmer and I want flight. Thanks.