Far, far too long without flight

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
I didn't mind it for a while, but now it's starting to feel punishing.

Just my 2 cents.
your name reminds me of
https://youtu.be/bkysjcs5vFU
Yep. This really needs to go back to flying at max. The way it worked for years and nobody complained until Blizzard "fixed" it.
02/17/2017 11:24 AMPosted by Mandrel
Yep. This really needs to go back to flying at max. The way it worked for years and nobody complained until Blizzard "fixed" it.

It didn't work for Blizzard because they couldn't use the game world to direct players. Anyone who designs games around interactive narrative knows this; if you can't direct players, then you're basically f'd.
02/17/2017 11:23 AMPosted by Rubedo
your name reminds me of
https://youtu.be/bkysjcs5vFU

Indeed! You may also enjoy Killswitch Engage's cover of the same!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR7dG_m3MsI
What about it are you finding punishing?

"Nobody complained".... I remember TONS of complaining from the GD stating "the world now feels empty" or "you never see anyone anymore" etc. etc. and they said it was due to flying. It was then echo'd by people saying "remember the good old days when X and Y" blah blah blah.
02/17/2017 11:27 AMPosted by Mvura

It didn't work for Blizzard because they couldn't use the game world to direct players. Anyone who designs games around interactive narrative knows this; if you can't direct players, then you're basically f'd.

But then who was MoP?
02/17/2017 11:30 AMPosted by Falckor

"Nobody complained".... I remember TONS of complaining from the GD stating "the world now feels empty" or "you never see anyone anymore" etc. etc. and they said it was due to flying. It was then echo'd by people saying "remember the good old days when X and Y" blah blah blah.

The world feeling empty has less to do with flying and more to do with how people are incentivized to do things with each other, quests design that puts people in the same areas, cross realm zones and world PVP.

Flying is about two things for me: seeing the world from a different perspective and travel. Freedom of movement, etc..

It feels false, it feels punitive, it feels like it lacks magic when I have a slew of flying mounts that can fly anywhere but *here*

So, stating before an expansion that it will be released "eventually" is fine.. but who decides when is the appropriate time? Why are we waiting this long? What's right for someone else isn't right for me, I've consumed plenty of this content from the ground and I've been patient, and I've been ready for a while.

Blizzard needs to hear from all audiences, I'm 1 person in their audience who is voicing this opinion. Nothing more, nothing less!
See the other flying threads on page 1 OP? Yep, post there.

No need for snowflake threads.
02/17/2017 11:42 AMPosted by Vargarak
See the other flying threads on page 1 OP? Yep, post there.

No need for snowflake threads.

Oops, no I didn't! I'll do that :)
Don't like it, quit. Blizzard made it very clear from even before the launch of Legion that it would be a long while indeed before flight made a comeback.
I wanna know what is so punishing about no flying?

Are you dying on the way to a dungeon/raid?

Are you getting kicked from a group for taking too long to reach a dungeon?

Are there too many enemies between you and your World Quest?

Or do you feel that the game takes too long to do anything cause you just can't fly over anything?
I dont mind pathfinder, but its a bit much holding back flight this long. I said it before flight should have been in by end of December. Everyone has been through all the zones by then, even on alts.
02/17/2017 12:22 PMPosted by Shelyna
I dont mind pathfinder, but its a bit much holding back flight this long. I said it before flight should have been in by end of December. Everyone has been through all the zones by then, even on alts.

They're trying to stretch the expansion out for two years, how does streamlining 80% of the expansion after 3 months extend the longevity? Cause once there is flight and the next raid people are going to do nothing but complain about the "lack of content" because they were so busy rushing through it.

And before someone makes a sarcastic comment about how they need to create actual content instead of gating content, I'd encourage you to explain how they can create 2 years worth of content to do in an extremely short amount of time that people won't come on here and complain about being too long or two grindy etc.
This is the way it's going to be from now on. Just get use to it. The development team dislikes flying. If they could get Chromie to travel them back in time they would stop flying from getting implemented in wow.

It slows down WQ, gathering. It's a carrot on the stick. Its all about slowing things down and keeping as many people buy/selling tokens and keeping scriptions

Nothing more nothing less
I have gotten so use to not flying that often times I forget to fly where I can fly...

Garbage.

Bethesda would like to have a few words to you about that idiotic assumption. Their processes and their goal is player FREEDOM, and always has been.

Go where you want, do what you want. Sit in Sanctuary and build a skyscraper if thats what you feel like.

TESO is the same: do whatever it is you feel like. FF 14 again the same, a wide open world where you can do as you please.
this is new and exciting