Restoration Druid - New Gold Trait

Class Development
So I dont know about other Resto Druids out in the world, but looking at the new Golden Trait in the coming patch, Called "Deep Rooted - When your heal over time Affects heal a player below 35%, its Duration is reset" For me looking and reading this I Feel Chipped of a Gold Trait, i Raid in a Mythic Pushing Guild, and seeing health bars go up and down all the time, I feel like this trait will really honestly do nothing, for my Reason of the fact how this traits works, "When a Heal over time spell effects HEAL a player below 35" The heal part throws this trait out the window for me, For the Reason how often is that even going to happen? when a rejuve or a lifebloom or anything really actually heals anyone below 35 percent before they get topped off? I feel not very Often maybe occasionly but will it matter in the long run?

See if this trait was simply but as - "when a target falls below 35 percent, Any Heal over time effects on the target have their Duration renewd" then that could be maybe Broken but also Reliable. also maybe just a whole new idea of this - "for every rejuvenation active the Heal over time increases" or something like that.

Id like to get a sting going of other Resto Druids thoughts on this and maybe a Replacement spell for this Golden!

Thanks guys!
Anyone thoughts?
You want to be cheped look at MW - each Effuse cause's your artifact to gain a stack. witch is quite cool, till you look at most MW(with out the legs) and see that we dont even have effuse BOUND, let alone use.

they gave use a trait that, baring a change to effuse, we will not use EVER. at lest yours will do something.
02/06/2017 10:59 AMPosted by Akibimi
they gave use a trait that, baring a change to effuse, we will not use EVER. at lest yours will do something.

Just because you also have problem doesn't mean other people can't have problems, champ.
02/06/2017 10:59 AMPosted by Akibimi
You want to be cheped look at MW - each Effuse cause's your artifact to gain a stack. witch is quite cool, till you look at most MW(with out the legs) and see that we dont even have effuse BOUND, let alone use.

Yeah man i won't lie that seems pretty Rough and i hope they (as in Blizz) takes a look at that golden and finds a rework that will help the mistweavers out a bit.
Ive also made this same post on MMO-Champs fourms theards as well and i did get some feedback i just wanted to share here.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2164246-Restoration-Druid-New-Gold-Trait-coming-in-7-2-rework

So some other options came of this for maybe bringing back Double Lifebloom back, And also For every Rejuve we cast lowers the mana cost of the next rejuv Casted to point.

Double Lifebloom: Pros - More Clearcasting procs is the Obvious best part about this with more clearcasting procs we can cast more Free Regrowths to help with Spot healing. Cons - I wish Lifebloom did a bit more Healing then it does but in all hoesntly i cant think of a bad reason of having dual Lifebloom

Each Rejuv reduces the mana cost of the Next Rejuv: Pros - So this would be interesting but to a point that makes it not completely broken as well maybe to a stack of like 5-8 it does this but it will help with over all mana consumption. Cons - Teir bonus / Legendary ring could make this seem over Broken and too good, with the T19 4 set with rejuves Bumping around on random targets would those actually apply? i would hope so but with the stack idea i mentioned eailer could conterbalance this, same with the efect of the Legendary Ring that when you wild growth and you get free Rejuves of that we can sit pretty nicely at that maxed mana reduction for the whole fight.

Another Gold Trait idea's I was thinking was maybe simply added more Duration to Inervate by like 5-10 seconds, This would make that window of going mana fre e to help get more HoTs out to set up more Beefy Tranq's and such and or just helping us out with our mana over longer fights. Another one would be The Old sytle Mushroom Exploding heal from back in MoP where Efflorescence takes a percentage of healing and stores it in the mushroom and then you can dentenate it with a burst of healing, I know this is exactly taken back from a certain way it used to be, but it was quite fun to set up and to quickly top off a group of players within its reach.
My thoughts exactly, especially in this Nighthold enviorment of burst spot healing.

Two potential solutions

Whenever a target bellow 50% is healed by a heal over time the duration is refreshed

or

Whenever a target drops below 35% all HoTs are extended by 3 seconds. This can not occur again until the HoT is manually refreshed

Either solution would be a nice balance however the later would have some issues with how germination is refreshed, but in the long run it may not matter. As always numbers would be needed and that is what the PTR is for,
Id rather see something like if a target is below x percent your hots will have increased haste by x percent till they are exhausted. Im not really keen on this below x health mechanic in general. Maybe something to help out regrowth and healing touch. Have them refund a portion of their mana if they crit.
Increasing tick rate wouldnt solve the issue because in most casess especially in nighthold if a target is falling bellow a low percentage all healers are going to scramble to burst spot heal them, something druids arent great at.

I'm ok with not having strong demand burst spot healing, that's not the idea of the spec i would rather have a trait that enforces the idea of a constant stream of healing to the raid.
I agree with OP when I read "Deep Rooted - When your heal over time Affects heal a player below 35%, its Duration is reset" I was like O that would be fun if there were no other healers >< , so essentially just like our mastery, in raids it's useless unless they bench other healers and only let you play (so never gonna happen). I was thinking about a possible different gold trait that would play with our mastery as well as encourage good time management. What if the gold trait reduced the CD on Flourish by x amount for every rejuv over 5, it would be a positive feedback loop. Which means the more of something applied or done would encourage it to be done even more. Rejuv's over 5 would allow us to actually utilize mastery in raids which increases it's value in something other than M+. It also would still require skill to make use of it so it's not just passive, one would still have to keep a mental timer to make sure you hit flourish at an optimal point in game play. Not sure if at some point this would allow for rejuv's to stay up all the time.. but that would not be so bad IMO, because we're still not able to burst very well so yes most of it will be over-healing (because face it every other healers always over-heals our hots making them virtually useless anyways unless a group is under-healed) Tho, the problem with this is that it only plays into flourish as as talent so likely it'll be a no go : /

I guess a way to fix this is to not tie it to flourish, but to say... for every rejuv over 5 it increases the duration of all previously applied rejuv's by a % of a sec... this would allow mass blanketing and mana saving and allow us to put other hots on targets. I guess the goal is to try to allow us to actually use our mastery in a raid environment of 20-30 and not go oom trying to spam and keep up rejuv all the time. Would that make us too powerful /shrug, only in certain environments with few other healers, but when in a group with 3 to 4 other healers, with fast direct heals available, all of our hots are healed on top of by direct heals anyways, so most of it is over-healing anyways, so I think it would just bring us back to steady hot healing and in that environment not be OP. Also, to help balance it out, the rejuv's that would count towards the increased duration would not count the legendary applied rejuv's. That way having the legendary ring or not having the ring doesn't affect the gold talent. Thoughts ?
While I don't think Deep Rooted is a terrible concept, I think that it's probably too situational to have as our primary new gold artifact trait. Here's the concerns that I have with the trait.
(1) People don't tend to spend enough time sub 35% health to get a lot out of something like this in a raid environment - even during mythic progression.
(2) The Resto Druid healing style is to layer HoTs and keep people from dropping low in the first place. This kind of plays against the toolkit.
(3) Even when people are at low health, what you need is burst healing to get them back up. Extending the duration of HoT effects on them isn't necessarily going to help all that much in preventing them from dying, because those HoTs are still ticking at the same speed.
(4) You can argue the trait is counter intuitive, because you need a lot of HoT effects present on a target that drops <35% to take advantage of it. However, if you have that many HoTs rolling, it isn't that likely they will drop <35% to begin with.
(5) I think the general design of this probably goes too far in moving into the Resto Shaman niche of being strong low health healers. We were already kind of moving that direction with Cultivation as the near default talent, but I think this probably blurs the line too much.
I think morseso than Deep Rooted, the 4 point Eternal Restoration talent (+1 second to Essence of G'Hanir) is a real concern. Simply, I think it's an incredibly weak trait compared to the 4 point traits that other healers are getting (10 seconds off Revival CD, huge increase to Paladin mastery, 2 seconds on SWG, damage reduction on Atonement, etc.)

Here's the issue with it. Essence of G'Hanir is a strong mini-cooldown, but it's secondary in importance to Tranq (and possibly Flourish). Most of the extra healing gain from it comes from using it in conjunction with Wild Growth. The issue is - getting a 12 second duration instead of an 8 second duration isn't going to give you the buff for an extra Wild Growth cast due to the 10 second CD on Wild Growth. You can cast WG, cast Essence immediately. By the time WG is back off CD, and you recast it, Essence will have at most 1-2 seconds remaining (and most of the 2nd WG will not get the buff).

It just ends up being very mediocre in terms of actual value gained from those +4 seconds and not in line with the huge boosts that other specs are getting from that trait/
^ perhaps a change to Essence of G'Hanir, where while EoG is active WG is an instant cast ?
I'm not completely against it, Its going to be super good if there's another krosus in the next tier but it could use a threshold increase maybe 40%? If not I would like to see something like this:

- <If cultivation> Cultivation's periodic healing is increased by the % of missing health on the target until the target is above 65% health.

reason: Not all damage needs to be immediately healed off. This would be a throughput increase mainly.

- <if tree> Periodic healing from rejuvenation done to targets below <some balanced %HP) reduces the cooldown on Tree form by <some balanced amount of seconds>

reason: Tree is a great talent, but so long that most of the time it doesn't line up with boss abilities that don't justify the usage of a major raid cooldown like tranq.

- <If SOFT> Periodic healing from rejuvenation done to targets below <some balanced %HP> reduces the cooldown of swiftmend by <some balanced amount of seconds>

Reason: SOFT is amazing in 5 mans / very small raids but you are sacrificing your main tool for dealing with unpredictable damage, this might help aliviate this.

Or you know... something that lets us cast regrowth / healing touch in a raid and not feel like we are playing our class wrong, just don't let whoever designed Ephemeral Paradox from elisande in the room when you discuss it please.

The spec is in a pretty good spot outside abundance and Moment of clarity.
I like the concept, I'm just wondering how it will turn out with Lifebloom. Seeing as the bloom part when manually refreshed has helped me save people countless times, I'm not sure how this will pan out.
I tend to agree with OP and Tiberria on this dragon being lack-luster. It would only be valuable on a Chimaeron type fight or late in a fight where things just went wrong and you are flat out of mana to do anything else.

I can think of a lot more I'd rather have like
- Eff heal an additional target
- Have Eff radius larger
- or more proactive like... any target that has hots on them that takes damage... extend those hots by 2 seconds making proactive heals more effective than reactive ones ... which totally fits into play style.

Heck I am sure they can dream up new ones, no reason to suggest... but I do agree that no other healer on my raid team will let a player stay long enough below that percentage to even proc the extended duration.
One word, Frozen Soul. Go look it up. Suffer well friend
Personally I'd love to see something like this

Cycles of Nature

When your restoration heal over time effects expire they reduce the remaining cooldown of your spells by 0.5 seconds.

when hots expire/refreshed at pandemic point.
02/10/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Tiberria
I think morseso than Deep Rooted, the 4 point Eternal Restoration talent (+1 second to Essence of G'Hanir) is a real concern. Simply, I think it's an incredibly weak trait compared to the 4 point traits that other healers are getting (10 seconds off Revival CD, huge increase to Paladin mastery, 2 seconds on SWG, damage reduction on Atonement, etc.)

Here's the issue with it. Essence of G'Hanir is a strong mini-cooldown, but it's secondary in importance to Tranq (and possibly Flourish). Most of the extra healing gain from it comes from using it in conjunction with Wild Growth. The issue is - getting a 12 second duration instead of an 8 second duration isn't going to give you the buff for an extra Wild Growth cast due to the 10 second CD on Wild Growth. You can cast WG, cast Essence immediately. By the time WG is back off CD, and you recast it, Essence will have at most 1-2 seconds remaining (and most of the 2nd WG will not get the buff).

It just ends up being very mediocre in terms of actual value gained from those +4 seconds and not in line with the huge boosts that other specs are getting from that trait/

I always use essence in conjunction with flourish. Sometimes it just sits there waiting for the flourish cd to drop. The new traits would be awesome if instead of increasing essence by 1 second each it reduced the cd to be the same as flourish. Even those that take moment or the iron bark buff will still get a use out of it. Then the gold trait could be increase increase the strength of your top tier talents as well as gnir by 33%. Giving cultivation/gnir extra time, moment an additional proc and iron bark additional time and or more healing from hots
This new golden trait bites. If a player even drops at or below 35% they are immediately topped off if your other healers know what they are doing. You would think blizz would have sat down and thought this through before putting in into the game but whatever.

Solutions?
GIVES US PVE NOURISH BACK!!!!
We need a mid range heal that doesn't destroy our mana pool! Healing touch is garbage unless your running abundance, which no one does in pve. I cast regrowth once and I go from full to no mana. Not only would this solve the issue of what to use for the golden trait, but it would get rid of the fact that we are useless when it comes to healing spike damage. A low mana cost, single target heal, would be much appreciated and needed. My next idea is something like clearcasting but affecting regrowth AND healing touch. It would be like rejuv has X% chance to proc (whatever you wanna call it), which grants you 3 "charges" of (some other name), each charge makes either your regrowth cost less mana or healing touch cast faster. This can only occur X amount of times for X amount of time. This way we can CHOOSE how we wanna heal. It gives us better ways to deal with spike damage while also conserving us mana. Some variation of the "charges" thing would be regrowth casts reduce the cast time of healing touch, as well as healing touch reduces mana cost of regrowth. Can only occur so often for how ever many times.

Something like this would be awesome. Come on blizz, you can do it!