Burning legion

Story Forum
I'm confused, so the burning legion is invading Azeroth because it's a Titan seed, and the old Gods are getting a hold of it (to my understanding the burning legion and void lords are at war). So how exactly do the demons plan to get rid of them on Azeroth? Sargeras cleaved a planet in twain to stop the corruption from the old Gods, destroying them along with the planet in the process. The measly demons he's sending us are doing nothing but terrorizing the surface, and doing nothing to achieve their goal. What exactly is going on here?
03/17/2017 11:09 AMPosted by Mashingspoon
I'm confused, so the burning legion is invading Azeroth because it's a Titan seed, and the old Gods are getting a hold of it (to my understanding the burning legion and void lords are at war). So how exactly do the demons plan to get rid of them on Azeroth? Sargeras cleaved a planet in twain to stop the corruption from the old Gods, destroying them along with the planet in the process. The measly demons he's sending us are doing nothing but terrorizing the surface, and doing nothing to achieve their goal. What exactly is going on here?

The Legion's ultimate end goal is to create a portal large enough for Sargeras, himself, to use. They nearly completed this in the Nighthold Raid, but we stopped Gul'dan and closed the portal before it could happen.

If Sargeras is able to get to Azeroth, it's game over.

I think it's also worth noting that, instead of destroying Azeroth, Sargeras wants to corrupt her instead, turning her into a Fel Titan much like himself. Of course, if that fails, he'll split it in two.