Merge RP-PvP realms to 2 options

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I'd still like to see one more merger that combines Ravenholdt+TwistingNether to Lightninghoof+Maelstrom+TheVentureCo. This would give players who want to roleplay with the PvP element 2 major choices- any of the merged 5, or Emerald Dream.

All 5 are listed as low population. realmpop.com says we have 384,640 to EmeraldDream's 618,522, so half. Who knows if those numbers are correct or not? Not me. The balance swings slightly red or blue on each, but seems middling enough to me across the board, again assuming the statistics listed are anything to go by. They could be completely useless, but it seems 5 low-pop realms might not even add up to medium-population EmeraldDream numbers. That's fine.

As communities we have already reached out to each other with major roleplay campaigns and events. We are all struggling to find others to play and RP with. We already see and meet each other in CrossRealm, but we are restricted in open communication except through out-of-game options like forums and Discord, or the one-person-at-a-time in-game option of Battlenet friend whispers. Merging servers would allow global communication channels and calendar invites.

Please merge us. I feel that all 5 servers together still maintains the smaller-community feel, and those wishing for the larger community can choose EmeraldDream.
Last year, when I was still on TN, post 6.2, but before 7.0, buddy of mine (we were on Alliance toons), said in Vent, "Hey, how many people do you think are on right now?" (It was about 2 in the morning, Thursday)

"Umm I dunno, couple of hundred?"

"Twenty"

"Alliance right?"

"Combined"

Twenty people, on a MMORPG server. There are MOBAs with more people than that playing, and don't get me started on WoT.

Twenty. /smh
Why not merge all RP-PVP realms together with Emerald Dream?

8)
listless, because they are vastly different in terms of culture. The people who have left 1 the 5 realms for EmeraldDream did so because they were attracted to the larger population. Most chasing after RP solely have rolled alts or gone to the two RP realms and given up on the PvP aspect. Each person still on these realms has stayed for the opposite.
We who are still here generally like the slightly quieter, less crowded atmosphere, but this seems TOO quiet. I don't believe a campaign to get individual folks to migrate servers to come together on the current trio and abandoning the pair would be successful, but I DO think we'd benefit from being together. Hence a merge.
I support this notion. I made a guild recently on TN/RH to give it one last chance, but its getting increasingly hard to find members on such a small pool. It was honestly me trying to give the realms I've been on since Cataclysm one last chance before I moved to Emerald Dream, or even Moon Guard of all places.

If we had a TwistingNether-Ravenholdt-Maelstrom-Lightninghoof-VentureCo merger, that would open up a lot more doors, and expand the community greatly. I don't know what technology is involved in mergers, but I honestly hope its something that can be easily done.
Post for visibility. Server merges were discussed for 7.1.5 and could definitely be useful at this point, even with cross-realm, it's hard to really bond over people who you won't be guaranteed to see. .
Yes I agree, merge with venture co and get us the !@#$ out of emerald dreams crz. Everytime I play im surrounded by emerald dream players.

I Rarely see anyone from ravenholdt, twisting nether players are somewhat common at least.
02/28/2017 08:02 AMPosted by Iistless
Why not merge all RP-PVP realms together with Emerald Dream?

8)

I despise emerald dream and would never play this game again if that happened.
Honestly, I'm not even that opposed to a high pop RP-PvP server like ED, but I think the culture is sufficiently different that one mega-RP-PvP server might have some culture clash.

That said, I'd prefer one RP-PvP server (including ED) than how slow things are right now.
02/28/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Kexti
Honestly, I'm not even that opposed to a high pop RP-PvP server like ED, but I think the culture is sufficiently different that one mega-RP-PvP server might have some culture clash.

That said, I'd prefer one RP-PvP server (including ED) than how slow things are right now.

I can sadly agree with this. Ultimately it's Blizz's decision, but I hope that they look out for us.
Good suggestion. I hope they do this.
Yes, please. I played on ED for 2 years and wasn't missing the mindless 40man raids camping stuff like bots.
I thought this was a necro thread?!?
02/28/2017 11:41 AMPosted by Jagadamba

No?
02/28/2017 11:41 AMPosted by Jagadamba

Why would it be?

Its a very current issue for the 5 RP-PvP realms who don't want to deal with ED's "community" but were forced to through CRZ.

Can't even benefit from the server's economy. Have to deal with the bad without the good. Not exactly fun.
I agree, merging the 5 smaller servers together would be good for what's left of the horde side RP community. We were actually getting along well and making ties before Blizz did that whole sharding update that threw the communities into chaos. And the solution of making many of the lower level zones non-CRZ killed the chance for RP connections between the smaller realms to happen by walk-up. Thunderbluff used to be the happenin' place for RP, just hangin' out by the pond. Now it's pretty dead again.

As for merging all of them: as others have said, there's different communities between ED and the rest of the servers, and many feel strongly about being in forced contact with ED / the other servers. This is why ED should still stay separate. It also at least gives some choice between 2 differing communities.

Ally side... well, it's deader than a door nail on the veco/ lighteninghoof/ maelstrom cluster. The merger will be unlikely to do anything for Ally RP on the other 2 servers, but will bring more PVP. Even so, at least it'll help some of the RP community between the 2 factions.
02/28/2017 10:17 PMPosted by Aruku
Ally side... well, it's deader than a door nail on the veco/ lighteninghoof/ maelstrom cluster. The merger will be unlikely to do anything for Ally RP on the other 2 servers, but will bring more PVP. Even so, at least it'll help some of the RP community between the 2 factions.

I would disagree. I honestly believe the merger would be beneficial for both factions entirely.
Bumping back up. I have no legitimate output that hasn't already been addressed here. But I do wanna reiterate that dealing with ED without any other benefit is incredibly infuriating.

I see TN/RH people from time to time. In fact, the last couple times I saw ANY RP whatsoever since Legion has anyways been from TN/RH.
How do things like TRP work for realms that are merged right now? Are you able to read their profile if the realm is merged but they are on another server?
03/02/2017 10:34 AMPosted by Jbeverest
How do things like TRP work for realms that are merged right now? Are you able to read their profile if the realm is merged but they are on another server?

If you mean TN/RH then yes, we can see each others' TRP, but we can't see ED/VenCo/Mael/LH profiles.