Frost PVP

Death Knight
Is anyone making frost work in pvp, i just can't get into unholy and I feel like frost just doesn't hit hard any more in any variation?
Blizzard decided they don't want Frost in PVP, I dunno, it's just broke now. Without BBQ damage, it can't function because it doesn't have CC or mobility.

Dunno why you'd even play Frost in arena, a Fury warrior is basically the same thing and does everything better.
The spec was purposefully gutted for PvP.

They don't seem to have an idea on how ti mplement it so for now they say don't pvp as frost.
yea it's rough right now as frost dk. The damage required toning but what they did was too much.

The problem is that I don't get how they envision a "slow, walking juggernaut" as a class fantasy would work. we are suppose to hurt when we get close... so if they take the damage away, there's no reason to play one over other classes.
They've nerfed Frost PvP so much, it hurts. Pretty much a waste of time
03/05/2017 10:03 AMPosted by Kruen
yea it's rough right now as frost dk. The damage required toning but what they did was too much.

The problem is that I don't get how they envision a "slow, walking juggernaut" as a class fantasy would work. we are suppose to hurt when we get close... so if they take the damage away, there's no reason to play one over other classes.
bump!
this is such a necessary thread. frost dk needs a REAL redesign. biggest disappointment of legion imo

no desecrated ground
no lichborne
no double grip
ams nerf
no death siphon or reliable active heal outside of IBF which is totally counter intuitive for pvp
no strangulate
no asphyxiate
no death and decay or any reliable replacement ability to catch enemies in stealth (great example of a pointless nerf...huge quality of life and survival nerf in pvp)
no icy touch dispel
this brought a really nice small utility that rewarded the player if used properly. im still mad about this being removed. i dont care about icy touch, they could bring back a balanced offensive dispel for us through any number of ways. will we ever be anything but a glass cannon?
and finally wraith walk is unreliable and undertuned, probably the worst "gap crosser" in the game to date. especially for a class missing so much flexability compared to other classes and frost dk in past seasons

fury of sind's cooldown is awful and is just a clunky ability in general. deserves to be better.
crystalline swords is a slap in the face, nearly EVERY other spec in the game has an active artifact ability that robustly affects and tunes their rotation somehow. ours is a boring excuse of an ability that should not have made it past testing. it brings NOTHING to frost dk.

im sure some of you have got to be sick of this variation of frost. it is objectively worse than ever before. its a watered down magic damage fury warrior competitor at BEST.
PLEASE fix this blizzard.
If i could make one change to dk in pvp, all i would do is either give asphyx back baseline to dk, or drastically improve deathstrike healing output. either of those things would be a start.
just watch two frost dks duel each other and you'll see exactly whats wrong with it.
0 subtlety or depth....even the rune simplification was overkill. it just furthers the stereotype that frost is an "easy" spec. (which is sadly kind of true now imo)
its just a question of who presses their attacks fastest.

I want the Dev team to abandon this idea of a repetitive aimless damage bot for frost dk pvp.
bring back the nuance, bring back the self-healing which has ALWAYS been a part of dk lore and frost playstyle. bring back offensive dispel!
bring back a reliable stun! bring back a silence!
I dont see how any of these changes would imbalance the game as a whole, and would bring a huge quality of life change to many dks who have given up on this spec for similar reasons.
Give us something to do other than faceroll obliterates into our targets! why cant we have a cc again? or any small utility for that matter
how are we expected to counter these things without a pocket healer?
the playstyle, as is, just doesnt work. its not fun, or creative, or intuitive. blizzard can do better with frost dk. I think a ton of frost dks out there would like to be something other than a glass cannon.

this is just my opinion, im not telling anyone what to think. thats just what ive observed on my dk since WOD. i would like to hear from blizzard on this and get some insight here.
made a thread on the class dev forum... feel free to comment there as devs seem to read that forum.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753396082
Frost Dks seem to be top in Kills and Damage every Bg Im in!
When was the Nerf you guys are talking about? I haven't played much last couple weeks and was thinking about logging in tonight to do some pvp.
03/06/2017 11:29 AMPosted by Shieldbäsh
Frost Dks seem to be top in Kills and Damage every Bg Im in!

and Trump is going to make America great again,,,:)
Could fix FDK by making our DeathStrike heal again without having to rely on Icebound every 3 mins.

The problem is FDK has no defenses at all.

We're just a walking punching bag.

Deathstrike should be 25 RP just like Frost Strike.

And the healing should be more.