High Prestige, what ilvl rewards from BGs?

Battlegrounds
I got a ilvl 900 neck once and that is rarer for me than getting legendaries from wqs.
03/07/2017 05:49 PMPosted by Hellboss
That 12g comes in handy to help pair for the minor gear repairs from the BG I was in.

Dude. Drop engineering and take up enchanting. I get a cool 350g ~ 450g per BG win. I can take like 10 trips around the BIs. ;D You'll feel like Mr. Moneybags immediately, I'm sure.

03/07/2017 08:09 PMPosted by Beerhaus
Is there anyone that likes the RNG aspect of the gear (talking about both BG and Rated BG/Arena) as opposed to accumulating a 'currency' and purchasing what you want?

I don't think anyone does. I haven't found anyone who is like 'WOO! THE RNG IS EXCITING!' I freakin hate it. Terrible, terrible system. I think RNG is fine if there is a back up system and we don't get much of that. But I'm bitter. I just those worthless cloth shoes as my last legendary drop. I've been throwing my self off the edge of Dalaran since then.

It is nice for us enchanters tho... All WQs, BGs, and such like next us some profit, at least.
Eh, I'm ok with the system, but I suppose that's because I view the rewards as an added bonus rather than my entire goal. I queue a lot of RBGs on my main and alt dh, as well as my hunter, and the rewards are sort of just there as a bonus.

Also, while I dislike the RNG aspect of getting ELITE gear(it took me 400games/260wins to get my full elite set), I don't mind the RNG aspect for getting normal gear. Honestly, I don't think we should have a complete set because inadvertently it kills the incentive to continue to play once you've obtained it, as well as stagnates the PvP ilvl without the warforge system. It's more interesting for the fact that you're not stuck at a set ilvl the entire season.

Not to mention it works similarly to the PvE gearing system, which is only fair considering they run off similar RNG.
03/07/2017 08:09 PMPosted by Beerhaus
Is there anyone that likes the RNG aspect of the gear (talking about both BG and Rated BG/Arena) as opposed to accumulating a 'currency' and purchasing what you want?

If there is anyone who likes that, then they are absolutely sadistic.

03/07/2017 05:49 PMPosted by Hellboss
That 12g comes in handy to help pair for the minor gear repairs from the BG I was in.

Dude. Drop engineering and take up enchanting. I get a cool 350g ~ 450g per BG win. I can take like 10 trips around the BIs. ;D You'll feel like Mr. Moneybags immediately, I'm sure.

Fair enough. I don't usually spend a lot of gold, although I'm never really ballin' in it either. I just picked up Engineering for the xmog goggles. I hear they increase your PvP skill by a !@#$ ton. Although I think I was already capped before hand. /flex
03/06/2017 08:05 AMPosted by Kagthul
So, 840 is as good as it gets from casuals.
I am 876 from only random bg's. You can see with my ring, gloves, and bracer you can get much higher than 840 from bgs, and 855+ is very common drop.
If there is anyone who likes that, then they are absolutely sadistic.

Yep. I assumed that most people would prefer to be in control of their pvp gear acquisition and based on forum posts and people in game my feeling is that the overwhelming majority shares this opinion.

Then, WHY the heck does Blizzard force this RNG on us? I mean I know the literal why, but would it be so bad if they listened to the actual players that PvP? It feels like they're sticking their fingers in their ears and insisting that we will enjoy the current system.

Also, why not both? They can force RNG, but maybe Marks of Honor could purchase gear.
03/08/2017 10:41 PMPosted by Beerhaus
Then, WHY the heck does Blizzard force this RNG on us?

Because making gear worthless is better for instanced pvp... when the grind is purchasing gear, they have to make low end gear far less than top end.. hence the huge disparity b/w a fresh geared player and full conquest geared player in wod.
03/09/2017 12:57 AMPosted by Hakluzzak
03/08/2017 10:41 PMPosted by Beerhaus
Then, WHY the heck does Blizzard force this RNG on us?

Because making gear worthless is better for instanced pvp... when the grind is purchasing gear, they have to make low end gear far less than top end.. hence the huge disparity b/w a fresh geared player and full conquest geared player in wod.

In that case, I don't care so much about the gear if I could just have reforging/gems back so I can customize what stats I want.
Pre 7.1.5 you would get 855 base ilvl gear drops in randoms for season 2. Post patch you only get 855 on your first win of the day, and 835 to 840 after that and for world quests. The loot system was finally fairly balanced between pve content and pvp content then they shat on pvpers again.
I wouldn't be doing prestige if it wasn't for the bear skins, which are the most amazing in the game.
03/05/2017 07:37 AMPosted by Jugaa
It's not really a "grind" if you enjoy BGs though. Just something that happens over time, like the Bloodthirsty title.

nope it's a grind
Instead of getting the same mount with different color shades for grinding prestige, they should really make different PVP mounts. I'd even say create bad@ss 3-seater mount people can ride on, and only obtainable by doing prestige. That'd be something worth grinding and fighting for.

Instead of giving us the same flag at prestige 8 that we already got from prestige 3 (I know the p8 flag has a thin gold trim but not good enough imo), give us a golden lion flag that glows (alliance) and maybe a silver glowing flag for the horde symbol, to represent our dedication to grinding prestige. Let us be able to use this flag to plant it on top of corpses.

At a certain prestige lvl, we should be able to use our mark of honors to purchase item/potions/elixir from a rare spawn like the snail guy in Timeless Isle. I get players likes transmog but what of those players who has the transmog and/or does not need it and their marks of honor are just sitting in their bag forever?

IDK, just saying.
If all you do is PvP and you are say Prestige 1, and another person just PvP's and they are Prestige 5, the Prestige 5 person is going to have a MUCH higher item level than the Prestige 1 player. For that reason, there is progression.

I know, you're going to argue that the P1 player gets the same item level gear from a win as the P5 player, and that is technically true. However, the P5 player will have gotten 5 TIMES as much gear, with 5 TIMES more chances to get titanforged gear. Therefore, they will have much more gear that is titanforged. As an example, I'm 873 with about 65% of my gear coming from PvP. I'm almost P4. Someone who is only P1 won't have near as much titanforged PvP gear just due to getting so many fewer drops and chances to titanforge.
i love how people argue they should be getting top end gear from the easiest max level content that exists right now. you can literally afk and go eat and come back and maybe still get gear at the end
i cant even do that doing pet battles.
03/05/2017 03:18 PMPosted by Lárisa
But she's right, 3v3 and 2v2 ratings don't matter for what you get from Random BGs. 1600+ gets me 870s from arenas, but I still get 840s from BGs (or ocassionally an 855).

And just to correct the guy who was upvoted despite his info being wrong, the way it works for rated content is:

0-1399: 855
1400-1599: 865
1600-1799: 875
1800-1999: 880
2000-2199: 885

And so on.

Shame it's almost mandatory to get 2k in arenas for full ilvl 885 gear to even have a chance at all in wpvp.
03/09/2017 05:10 PMPosted by Mcfaceroller
03/05/2017 03:18 PMPosted by Lárisa
But she's right, 3v3 and 2v2 ratings don't matter for what you get from Random BGs. 1600+ gets me 870s from arenas, but I still get 840s from BGs (or ocassionally an 855).

And just to correct the guy who was upvoted despite his info being wrong, the way it works for rated content is:

0-1399: 855
1400-1599: 865
1600-1799: 875
1800-1999: 880
2000-2199: 885

And so on.

Shame it's almost mandatory to get 2k in arenas for full ilvl 885 gear to even have a chance at all in wpvp.

90% of the people you encounter in wPVP are in pve talents and dont expect it. even in 860 gear on my dh i destroy most people i encounter out in the world..sometimes 1v2 1v3..
03/09/2017 05:10 PMPosted by Mcfaceroller

Except it's not even close to mandatory. I am 873 never having done any rated and most gear from PvP, some from WQ's. If you PvP enough in random's you'll get titanforged gear and be 870+, and there's a miniscule difference in PvP between ~875 and ~885. And you get plenty of AP from PvP with a few random WQ's thrown in. I just do WQ's while I wait in PvP queues. Tip: When your BG queue pops up you still have almost 2 minutes you can work on your WQ before you have to go into the BG.