“It’s Just a Cosmetic Appearance” 3

General Discussion
Prev 1 86 87 88 101 Next
To me, transmog is about making my character look the way I want them to.

And if I want a permanent thing that shows I did something and when, that also exists, it's called an "achievement."

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/achievement?s=t

something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed:

the act of achieving; attainment or accomplishment:

Digital Technology. a title or icon associated with a user profile or account that indicates the person's skill or rank in an online community, especially on a gaming platform.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/cosmetic?s=t

cosmetics, superficial measures to make something appear better, more attractive, or more impressive:
03/27/2017 07:27 PMPosted by Troyryan
11 hours on WoW doing only PvP WQs every day for 45 weeks

So do normal PvP then? I bet it was more intended as a reward for people that, you know...pvp. Because there are people that play this game and only PvP, and there are people that both PvP and raid and do other PvE content.
03/27/2017 07:57 PMPosted by Troyryan
2 years.
Did you fail to read my calculation on PvP skin? Let me link it for you. Perhaps that !@#$ing thick drawf skull of yours is too old and simply too stupid to process the ridiculousness of this nonsense: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753445397?page=86#post-1708

So no, your claim of 2 years absolutely means nothing because not everyone has 11 !@#$ing hours—or even just 2h—every day to do nothing but PvP WQs.

Two years?

We're seven months into Legion right now.

More than 25% of that time limit has already elapsed.
Hm, 730 days in 2 years, this thread was created on March 2, which was 25 days ago...

3% of the time limit has elapsed while this thread's been going on.
03/27/2017 08:01 PMPosted by Rocxus
03/27/2017 07:27 PMPosted by Troyryan
11 hours on WoW doing only PvP WQs every day for 45 weeks

So do normal PvP then? I bet it was more intended as a reward for people that, you know...pvp. Because there are people that play this game and only PvP, and there are people that both PvP and raid and do other PvE content.
Do I need to calculate how long it will take to acquire them through normal PvP for you? lol

The first BG you win gives about as much honor as a single FFA WQ. Each BQ takes about 20 minutes. And only if you win. You can be spending an hour doing BG without winning. After first win, you gain less honor from each win. PvP WQ as of today is the most efficient way to level honor.

Dude, you really shouldn’t speak about topics you’re absolutely !@#$ing clueless about.
03/27/2017 07:56 PMPosted by Rankìn
You had two years to level a Warlock during MoP but you chose not to. So you better hurry up and delete it.

Also, getting the PVP prestige skins and tints on multiple characters is extremely difficult unless you're advocating playing the game for an unhealthy amount of time.

I don't see how deleting a character I decided to use my boost for buying Legion has to do with that. I decided I wanted a Lock cause I play this toon more than my others. I just wanted another toon to play incase I either got bored of farming AP on my mage or if I wanted to try another character.

03/27/2017 07:57 PMPosted by Troyryan
...Did you fail to read my calculation on PvP skin? Let me link it for you. Perhaps that !@#$ing thick drawf skull of yours is too old and simply too stupid to process the ridiculousness of this nonsense: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753445397?page=86#post-1708

So no, your claim of 2 years absolutely means nothing because not everyone has 11 !@#$ing hours—or even just 2h—every day to do nothing but PvP WQs.

Two years?

We're seven months into Legion right now.

More than 25% of that time limit has already elapsed.

I was refering to the amount of time since launch. Who's really to say how long Legion will last. It could last 3 years for all we know. Heck, they might even go to a patch 7.5 or 7.6, since they are adding Argus, a whole other planet. It could be as big as Draenor or as small as the Timeless Isle.
03/27/2017 08:06 PMPosted by Troyryan
03/27/2017 08:01 PMPosted by Rocxus

Do I need to calculate how long it will take to acquire them through normal PvP for you? lol

The first BG you win gives about as much honor as a single FFA WQ. Each BQ takes about 20 minutes. And only if you win. You can be spending an hour doing BG without winning. After first win, you gain less honor from each win. PvP WQ as of today is the most efficient way to level honor.

Dude, you really shouldn’t speak about topics you’re absolutely !@#$ing clueless about.

I mean that's fair, it will take a long time to complete. But again, why do you need everything unlocked? I don't have anywhere near all the mounts in game, or appearences, or toys, or whatnot.
03/27/2017 08:14 PMPosted by Rocxus
I mean that's fair, it will take a long time to complete. But again, why do you need everything unlocked? I don't have anywhere near all the mounts in game, or appearences, or toys, or whatnot.

Why do some guilds want to kill every boss in a raid? Why do people want to level to max level? Why do you care if some collectors would like to collect everything? Blizzard haven’t said they don’t mean for all of these appearances to be collected. Just like amours, weapons, etc from previous raids that some people go back for.

Let’s just be fair, we are all playing an adult version of dressing-up-a-doll. Perhaps some time down the road I have a tier set that would go really well with appearance X color Y, and I would love to have the option to use that particular appearance.
03/27/2017 07:57 PMPosted by Pouncey

And if I want a permanent thing that shows I did something and when, that also exists, it's called an "achievement."

something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed:

Digital Technology. a title or icon associated with a user profile or account that indicates the person's skill or rank in an online community, especially on a gaming platform.

cosmetics, superficial measures to make something appear better, more attractive, or more impressive:

Well I'll probably never get you to admit that the superficial measure to make something APPEAR BETTER, MORE ATTRACTIVE, or MORE IMPRESSIVE, extends beyond one's own satisfaction. You also didn't address why I'm capable of respecting other people's time-sensitive accomplishments and you aren't.

But ok, the ONLY thing i REALLY want you to address in this post is this: Why is your desire to have every appearance available to you more valid than my wish of having a few time-restricted rewards?
03/27/2017 08:14 PMPosted by Rocxus

Why do some guilds want to kill every boss in a raid? Why do people want to level to max level? Why do you care if some collectors would like to collect everything? Blizzard haven’t said they don’t mean for all of these appearances to be collected. Just like amours, weapons, etc from previous raids that some people go back for.

Let’s just be fair, we are all playing an adult version of dressing-up-a-doll. Perhaps some time down the raid I have a tier set that would go really well with appearance X color Y, I would love to have the option to use that particular appearance.

Well, unless you can unlock the door in Nighthold you need to kill every boss to get to Elisonde and Guldan, not to mention every boss has a chance for gear, that gear can be titanforged, or a legendary can drop.

Blizzard focuses their development on max level. When was the last time blizzard announced an expansion introducing a new zone and content, and reworked older content as well, minus Cataclysm?
03/27/2017 08:22 PMPosted by Rocxus
Well, unless you can unlock the door in Nighthold you need to kill every boss to get to Elisonde and Guldan, not to mention every boss has a chance for gear, that gear can be titanforged, or a legendary can drop.

Blizzard focuses their development on max level. When was the last time blizzard announced an expansion introducing a new zone and content, and reworked older content as well, minus Cataclysm?
But why? Why do you want to kill Elisande and Gul’dan, and why do you want chance of gear, and WF/TF gear, or legendary?

You have your reasons to play that don’t need to be explained to anyone else, and so do many people who support leaving appearances in game post Legion and why we want to collect as many appearances as possible. At this point, using PvP as an example again, it takes more than reasonable amount of time to even just collect the PvP row on 2 characters.
03/27/2017 08:22 PMPosted by Draxiss
03/27/2017 07:57 PMPosted by Pouncey

Well I'll probably never get you to admit that the superficial measure to make something APPEAR BETTER, MORE ATTRACTIVE, or MORE IMPRESSIVE, extends beyond one's own satisfaction. You also didn't address why I'm capable of respecting other people's time-sensitive accomplishments and you aren't.

But ok, the ONLY thing i REALLY want you to address in this post is this: Why is your desire to have every appearance available to you more valid than my wish of having a few time-restricted rewards?

I object to your reasoning because it revolves around the necessity to feel special by having things that other people do not, regardless of the cost to other areas of interest, such as, for example, "transmog". You are therefore being selfish because achievements are a thing that exist for your exact need, but you are ignoring them because no one cares. You are ultimately a selfish attention !@#$% and nothing more, and I object to the concept of catering to people who enjoy hurting others for personal gain.

Your equivocation is also not winning you any points with me.
03/27/2017 08:22 PMPosted by Draxiss
What do you think is so special about these time restricted rewards? Is it because not everyone has them? If that’s the reason, doing the most difficult content currently available—mythic raids, high rating PvP—also gives very exclusive rewards that few people have access to when the content is still current.

For these people who finish the most challenging content in game, they will always have stream of the latest, and the most prestigious, items and looks. Making previously prestigious items available to other players after some delay removes nothing from these most cutting edge players as by then they will have access to even newer items/looks.

On the other hand, removing existing items does remove items/looks from players who may not be subscribed at the time for any reasons—personal, career, family, whatever, which shouldn’t need to be explained. By the time these players acquire these items, they will have been outdated.

Lastly, many of the items in question aren’t really difficult at all to acquire. Case in point, the base appearance and color of Ashbringer. It’s purely a quest reward. But it’s the most iconic and significant weapon for any retribution paladin. It’s prestigious not because of the difficulty of how it’s obtained, but because its place in lore.
03/27/2017 08:28 PMPosted by Troyryan
But why? Why do you want to kill Elisande and Gul’dan, and why do you want chance of gear, and WF/TF gear, or legendary?

Because getting better gear makes me stronger? Getting the better legendary combination makes the difference in how much damage I do? Cause that's what this game's end game is about? Getting gear and getting stronger.
03/27/2017 08:08 PMPosted by Rocxus
Who's really to say how long Legion will last.

Reality. Expansions for WoW have 2 year cycles. Always have.
03/27/2017 08:34 PMPosted by Troyryan
What do you think is so special about these time restricted rewards?

It shows that you put in the effort to get those during the expansion, while it was current.

Take Blizzcon for example, its one thing to buy a goodie bag, its another thing to actually go there and get the other things you could get that aren't available outside the convention.
03/27/2017 08:35 PMPosted by Rocxus

Because getting better gear makes me stronger? Getting the better legendary combination makes the difference in how much damage I do? Cause that's what this game's end game is about? Getting gear and getting stronger.
This game is also about dressing up your virtual avatar. The desire to collect as many appearances as possible comes from wanting to have options to dress up my virtual doll the way I like, so I look awesome to myself. After all, I am the person who has to stare at this dude 100% of the time I play this game.
03/27/2017 08:39 PMPosted by Rocxus
03/27/2017 08:34 PMPosted by Troyryan
What do you think is so special about these time restricted rewards?

It shows that you put in the effort to get those during the expansion, while it was current.

Take Blizzcon for example, its one thing to buy a goodie bag, its another thing to actually go there and get the other things you could get that aren't available outside the convention.

Achievements have dates on them.
03/27/2017 08:35 PMPosted by Rocxus

That is true for a minority of people. There's a reason why raiding, and especially mythic raiding, has seen a massive decline in numbers the last couple of years and it isn't because people see the gear tread mill as a strong motivator in and of itself.