LOL MONK STUFF

General Discussion
Good work blizz! You've exceeded my expectations when it comes to being lazy and to being useless when it comes to all things monk. Not only has monk balance been horrific from the get go, you've also made the worst class campaigns for monks, and even the upcoming garbage mount is another testament to lazy design and just a general lack of giving a damn about anyone that plays monks.

Hey guys, did you know in 7.2 Monk gets another tiger mount as their class hall mount? Did you know like all other monk tiger mounts it wears the forrest gump helmet that looks absolutely stupid? Did you also know monks are the ONLY class to get ONE color variation? But it's cool apparently because the stupid mount can TALK! In the really racist way that anything monk related does. The voice acting is stupid and the mount sounds like he'll start annoying you with his fortune cookie idiot wisdom from the first time you summon him.

I'd say I expected more from you Blizzard, but that would be lying as at this point I really don't expect anything less from you guys than to put the absolute bear bones work into monk class design, lore or anything else. Absolutely ridiculous.
If I felt about a restaurant or a store the way you feel about Blizz I would never go back.
You sound like a child throwing a tantrum because Johnny got a Red iPhone and you got a white samsung. I mean were you expecting this to garner sympathy from the devs? I know nothing motivates me quite like being insulted. :p
Solution: reroll. You obviously hate monks.
oh thank god, i needed some salt for my fries....

thanks op!
03/07/2017 02:57 PMPosted by Roshirah
You sound like a child throwing a tantrum because Johnny got a Red iPhone and you got a white samsung. I mean were you expecting this to garner sympathy from the devs? I know nothing motivates me quite like being insulted. :p

Ah yes, the typical blizz whiteknighter appears. When EVERY OTHER CLASS gets multiple recolors or versions of their mount and one doesn't, doesn't that scream pure laziness to you? Or do you think they actually put work into this? I mean seriously now.
03/07/2017 02:50 PMPosted by Brewchicken
Good work blizz! You've exceeded my expectations when it comes to being lazy and to being useless when it comes to all things monk. Not only has monk balance been horrific from the get go, you've also made the worst class campaigns for monks, and even the upcoming garbage mount is another testament to lazy design and just a general lack of giving a damn about anyone that plays monks.

Hey guys, did you know in 7.2 Monk gets another tiger mount as their class hall mount? Did you know like all other monk tiger mounts it wears the forrest gump helmet that looks absolutely stupid? Did you also know monks are the ONLY class to get ONE color variation? But it's cool apparently because the stupid mount can TALK! In the really racist way that anything monk related does. The voice acting is stupid and the mount sounds like he'll start annoying you with his fortune cookie idiot wisdom from the first time you summon him.

I'd say I expected more from you Blizzard, but that would be lying as at this point I really don't expect anything less from you guys than to put the absolute bear bones work into monk class design, lore or anything else. Absolutely ridiculous.

Dawww but look at his little paws when he flys around.
03/07/2017 03:00 PMPosted by Xia
Solution: reroll. You obviously hate monks.

Pointing out that blizzard have absolutely sucked at everything monk related THIS expansion means I hate the class i've been playing since MoP. LOGIC. Try using some.
Of course the monk's new mount is a recolored tiger.

Monks look silly on electronic cyber-aardvarks with spinning rims and a full polka band. Which was the first idea. That they scrapped.

A pity they could not have kept the band.
03/07/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Brewchicken

Ah yes, the typical blizz whiteknighter appears. When EVERY OTHER CLASS gets multiple recolors or versions of their mount and one doesn't, doesn't that scream pure laziness to you? Or do you think they actually put work into this? I mean seriously now.

There's nothing "white knighting" about it... get off your damned soap box and look at this logically. What's going to happen is your thread will get deleted, you may or may not get another tick on the penalty volcano and it will be forgotten.

So pull your head from your backside and reword it:

"Dear Blizzard, I'm deeply dissapointed with the class mount for monks as it's just terrible looking in my opinion. Please consider using <Mount> here thank you, it would make 7.2 so much more enjoyable".
03/07/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Jaehaerys
oh thank god, i needed some salt for my fries....

thanks op!

Mmmm, salt..
03/07/2017 03:04 PMPosted by Magazapper
Of course the monk's new mount is a recolored tiger.

Monks look silly on electronic cyber-aardvarks with spinning rims and a full polka band. Which was the first idea. That they scrapped.

A pity they could not have kept the band.

Yeah because tigers are the only things monks are known for, and not cranes (mistweaver), or oxs (brewmaster). I'm not even annoyed by the fact it is a tiger (other than it's wearing that stupid bloody helmet), I'm annoyed that we're the ONLY class that doesn't get a color variation for the specs. If you look at every other class and how much work they've put into their mounts then look at monks there is a very OBVIOUS discrepancy.
03/07/2017 03:10 PMPosted by Brewchicken
Yeah because tigers are the only things monks are known for, and not cranes (mistweaver), or oxs (brewmaster). I'm not even annoyed by the fact it is a tiger (other than it's wearing that stupid bloody helmet), I'm annoyed that we're the ONLY class that doesn't get a color variation for the specs. If you look at every other class and how much work they've put into their mounts then look at monks there is a very OBVIOUS discrepancy.

"Dear blizz devs, while the tiger mount may fit some, PLEASE let us choose between a crane, an ox or the tiger. I wish to feel genuinely connected with my fighting style."

It's about attitude and it can be the difference between a blue saying "Sure I'll pass that along" and "404 Go back to General?".
03/07/2017 02:50 PMPosted by Brewchicken
But it's cool apparently because the stupid mount can TALK!

I'll take my talking tiger over a Wyvern any day.

Druid class mount is a deformed owl. Rogue class mount is a Worgen Druid. So... there's issues
obvious solution is to make a flying turtle mount.
I liked everything they did with monk lore this expansion.

GASP I DON'T AGREE WITH THE OP HERE COMES THE OP FLIPPING OUT
The mount talks? That's sweet. Now I'll know how Balaam felt when he was kicking his mount around too much.
I'm enjoying my (2) monks this expansion. I like everything about the play style (now) but I didn't think I would when the changes came down. I don't know how BM play though.

I think it would be silly to give a monk a horsey or something similar...just because...different.
03/07/2017 03:39 PMPosted by Soulofursoc

Druid class mount is a deformed owl. Rogue class mount is a Worgen Druid. So... there's issues

Omg this!! Lolol I've been trying to find a way to describe the let down known as the rogue mount, and this is perfect.

I don't care about mounts, so it honestly doesn't affect me. I giggle at those like the OP who gets so upset over things like this