Menace on the Broken Shore - WHY?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
03/14/2017 03:31 PMPosted by Sensia
My questions are:

1) Why does the quest text refer to the injured party as a she, even though they are clearly male?(voice and everything)

B) WHO IS GHRENT?*

*In the quest text it mentions something about "Ghrent stares at the floor" while talking to Jorach. I thoroughly searched my class hall and found no one by the name of "Ghrent."

**This is the case for rouges, at least.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Skyseer_Ghrent
03/14/2017 10:47 AMPosted by Sormac
I herd owl kittens weekly.

I'm sorry.
My questions are:

1) Why does the quest text refer to the injured party as a she, even though they are clearly male?(voice and everything)

B) WHO IS GHRENT?*

*In the quest text it mentions something about "Ghrent stares at the floor" while talking to Jorach. I thoroughly searched my class hall and found no one by the name of "Ghrent."

Archmage Melis also turned into Ghrent at some point in the narrative.
My questions are:

B) WHO IS GHRENT?*

Interesting. I think the mage class hall injuree is actually female (although our quest is also complete with a reference to the inexplicable Ghrent). It's almost as if they forgot to make one or 2 edits after copypasting the same quest text to all the classes.
You get excited that there's a new quest in your class hall.

Then you find out it's a mission.

You wait for hours.

It's finally over, and you're excited to see where it leads next.

You turn it in.

And that seems to be it for now.

I can hardly contain my excitement.
Send my followers on a 4 hour scouting mission?

I'm not even sure why it takes them four hours. The Broken Shore is like half a mile across and crawling with demons. I'm pretty sure we know what we're gonna find.

Pepe!?
03/14/2017 02:51 PMPosted by Shaeymus
Well to be fair if you read the quest the mission is actually at the Broken Shoree, not the Broken Shore.

Ah, that's different! That's a pub! Shoree is the innkeeper, and broken is anyone who tries to skip out without paying.

Which means our messenger got what they deserved, clearly.

Probably saw a Warlock in there and jumped to conclusions.
Don't do what I did and send the mission off with a 95% chance of winning. After waiting 4 hours the stupid thing failed.

Blizzard sure showed me who's boss.
I'm the one that has the legendary axe of slaying stuff... put me in coach. It's below me? I herd owl kittens weekly. Try me.

You are hilarious! <3
03/14/2017 04:30 PMPosted by Nill

You wait for hours.

You turn it in.

The excitement is so exciting !
03/14/2017 04:30 PMPosted by Nill

You wait for hours.

You turn it in.

The excitement is so exciting !
03/14/2017 11:37 AMPosted by Venovel
Oh, no. I delegate some dryads to tend to the poor thing's wounds and I, myself, the Archdruid, go investigate the situation because I'm real good at this and they are not. I've been doing it for years, and they haven't. I have Ashamane's Fangs and 860 ilvl and they do not. Sending out followers is irresponsible, cowardly, and no fun at all.

I agree...wait, you're a hunter, not a druid, arch or otherwise...what are you hiding????
And now I am sending out my followers to rescue wounded soldiers???

Why the hell am I not doing that??? Why isnt this a quest outside the main area, or on the ocean on a raft, or near the fp we have access to already?

Why in HELL am I sending my followers out to do stuff I should be doing??

This could have been a first aid quest, or "The wounded have been located near the Illidari flight point..you need to go get them"

Why isnt this a player quest???
Are you really dying to do another series of:

* Kill 10 of X.
* Loot 8 of Y.
* Interact with 5 of Z.
03/14/2017 11:25 AMPosted by Reckish
03/14/2017 11:02 AMPosted by Melaroi
Well I'd imagine if we were ready to go to the Broken Shore (ie 7.2) then we'd actually be going there. But there's nothing actually there except some elite demons and instant death if you get too close to the Tomb of Sargeras.
That doesn't help the OP's point. Blizzard is offering us some kind of tease, but instead of us going out and beating down a new boss/rare we get to twiddle our thumbs for four hours just playing the waiting game.
What the people who thought this up hoped is that you would play the game for an extra four hours you wouldn't otherwise have while you waited for the mission to complete and the expected other shoe to drop. Silly you, there was no other shoe!
Ok, maybe this feedback is pedantic and no one really cares... but why put in some cool looking new quest and gate me IMMEDIATELY with a 4 hour mission?
They need to just do away with this horrible, anti-mmo follower/mission system. I understand they spent a lot of money and time to develop it, but enough is enough. Do the devs really think people play an mmo to send random followers out on missions? People play an mmo to PLAY an mmo, not send others to do something you never see or experience.

Just let it go, Blizzard. Please.
03/14/2017 08:28 PMPosted by Asbury
Are you really dying to do another series of:

* Kill 10 of X.
* Loot 8 of Y.
* Interact with 5 of Z.

Blizzard's counting on it, because that's the limit of their creativity.
They probably did this now so we don't have to wait 4 hours on patch day.
All it does is unlock the Broken Shore Order Hall missions.
It's the lamest mission I've sent followers on. It serves no point and doesn't provide any content.