Flying in the current expansion

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
03/13/2017 02:05 PMPosted by Berry
Yes, running over the nightmarish landscapes that are Draenor and the Broken Isles is content!

EDIT: Downvote all you like, even the fanatic anti-flight crowd should realize that running from place to place long after things have become irrelevant isn't content in the slightest. I've already done the quests, world quests, reputations, etc. It's not like it has legitimately contributed to WPvP in any sense either.

I'm right, no-flyers are wrong. Deal with it.
a

agree
03/13/2017 09:48 PMPosted by Bomdanil
03/13/2017 09:41 PMPosted by Bigkitties
Of course it's harder.

How is instantly teleporting to a flightmaster more difficult than flying there yourself?

You have enemies to worry about

Please be joking.

treasure to spot

What does a chest with 200ap tokens have to do with difficulty?

a host of other things to do that dissapear when you can just fly around as you please.

The only thing that disappears when I can fly is unnecessary down time.

If you don't like the game as it's designed than GTFO. Don't let the door hit ya!

People leaving the game over the decision to abandon flight moving forward is a large part of why the developers were told in no uncertain terms that flight would be incorporated into the game world by the people that pay their salary. I sincerely doubt Ion wants to be stuck eating crow a second time because you're encouraging another player boycott.

You truly have not a clue. I'd love to see all the babies walk away from WoW because they are forced to explore what has been created for them. Boowho you have to navigate terrain and put some effort in.
If flying was in place at release you'd skip half the content and then cry of boredom.
If flying with in place at release you'd skip half the content and then cry of boredom.

I had more content to entertain myself with in BC, Wrath, Cataclysm, and MoP at max level than I've had in either WoD or Legion. That both WoD and Legion cost $10 more, yet offered so much less in terms of real content, is frustrating.
03/13/2017 10:14 PMPosted by Bigkitties
You've only completed 19% of the Legion storyline.

What story do you think I'm missing by not looking for Bill and Ted references in every zone?
[/quote] You truly have not a clue. I'd love to see all the babies walk away from WoW because they are forced to explore what has been created for them. Boowho you have to navigate terrain and put some effort in.
If flying was in place at release you'd skip half the content and then cry of boredom.[/quote]

oh boy, rather full of yourself for sure, before you go blasting others over flying or a lack of exploring, how about YOU actually fully explore MORE than JUST the Broken Isles.

You know, there is also

Eastern Kingdoms
Kalimdor
Outlands
Northrend
Cataclysm
Pandaria
Draenor

and while at it, why don't YOU actually PLAY the game, there are tons of quests in

eastern kingdoms
kalimdor
outlands
northrend
cataclysm
pandaria

yet the ONLY 2 you finished is warlords and legion

pot meet kettle....
You've only completed 19% of the Legion storyline. GTFO troll.

The percentage completion for quest achievements does not indicate how much of the current storyline has been consumed.

By the way, I'm at 96% percent complete for Legion quest achievements, only thing left is repeating a bunch of world quests.

And I'm at 100% for Legion exploration while you are at 36%.

So please, tell me more about how lazy I am for wanting flying put back.
03/13/2017 10:04 PMPosted by Bigkitties
03/13/2017 09:48 PMPosted by Bomdanil

How is instantly teleporting to a flightmaster more difficult than flying there yourself?

Please be joking.

What does a chest with 200ap tokens have to do with difficulty?

The only thing that disappears when I can fly is unnecessary down time.

People leaving the game over the decision to abandon flight moving forward is a large part of why the developers were told in no uncertain terms that flight would be incorporated into the game world by the people that pay their salary. I sincerely doubt Ion wants to be stuck eating crow a second time because you're encouraging another player boycott.

You truly have not a clue. I'd love to see all the babies walk away from WoW because they are forced to explore what has been created for them. Boowho you have to navigate terrain and put some effort in.
If flying was in place at release you'd skip half the content and then cry of boredom.
what is there to explore? Since no one is asking for premax level flying I can only assume you explored while leveling?

Also you will find without these so called babies you no longer have a game. Blizzard only will make wow if it is profitable and considering their fast change in policy when they tried to remove flight all together. If they were to all leave it would severely hurt blizzards bottom line.

Also what content do you think people are skipping? If you consider random nonthreatening mobs that daze you off you mount and present no threat or challenge to be content then you have a vastly different definition then most people. I would also argue your use of the words putting in effort. While technically correct the diffrence in effort is almost nonexistent it is really more putting in time. Also if you consider the teleporting whistle then flighting is more effort then the current system.
03/13/2017 11:00 PMPosted by Fenalor
If you consider random nonthreatening mobs that daze you off you mount and present no threat or challenge to be content then you have a vastly different definition then most people.

I have seen this sort of post many times... and there is a point there.
After all if one can cut through Mobs like a hot knife through butter then what is the point of fighting them?

So..I have a solution.

Instead of Blizz making every Zone match your Char Lvl make it match your Item Lvl + 10!
That way every Mob you meet will be a challenge!
03/14/2017 03:57 PMPosted by Billbull
If you consider random nonthreatening mobs that daze you off you mount and present no threat or challenge to be content then you have a vastly different definition then most people.

After all if one can cut through Mobs like a hot knife through butter then what is the point of fighting them?

So..I have a solution.

Instead of Blizz making every Zone match your Char Lvl make it match your Item Lvl + 10!
Would that really make the world more engaging? When no matter how much time and effort you put in you find the enemy is always much stronger then you do you really feel a sense of progress?

Wow in essence is a power fantasy game (well the gearing raiding aspect it is a broad game). If the player never feels stronger it kills much of the core astetics it aims for. Why aim for high ilvl when the mob is the same challenge?

Basically your solution would simply cause a much greater problem. Much the same as removing flying.
GTFO troll
You should take your own advice!
03/13/2017 02:13 PMPosted by Sadplant
03/13/2017 02:10 PMPosted by Aarschott

Yes there is (a benefit).

The sheer joy of total freedom of movement in all three dimensions.
You can start and stop, change directions, go up or down, stop and hover, and just enjoy the scenery from above. It gives a whole different perspective than viewing from the ground.

See something interesting at the top of a mountain peak while taking a taxi flight?
Just mount up on your flying mount and go back there to check it out.

why climb Mount Everest when you can take a helicopter?

Lol love it OP I think we could be good friends.
For one most of Azeroth in regular wow was freaking flat with lots of caves and small amount of mountains like in winterspring so it was . What we have now with all the changes caused in cata on old world and these multilevel map terrains in legions it make sit unacceptable for land mounts.
03/13/2017 10:09 PMPosted by Bomdanil

I had more content to entertain myself with in BC, Wrath, Cataclysm, and MoP at max level than I've had in either WoD or Legion. That both WoD and Legion cost $10 more, yet offered so much less in terms of real content, is frustrating.

You've only completed 19% of the Legion storyline. GTFO troll.

Try me then.

The open world has no difficulty to speak of outside of perhaps the Court of Stars area in Suramar. But since far and away any difficulty in that place happens once you are already in combat flight would change very little.

Flight would not make the open world easier in any meaningful way.

Flight will not allow you to skip a single aspect of content in Legion that cannot be skipped by other means available to every player right now. That is an objective, provable fact.
no point bringing up flying, the forums will just grab you by the colon pull it out and slap you with it for even saying you don't mind not being able to fly.
03/15/2017 10:51 AMPosted by Quizotic
no point bringing up flying, the forums will just grab you by the colon pull it out and slap you with it for even saying you don't mind not being able to fly.

That's because there is ZERO benefit to being restricted to the ground. It was fine for 8 years. More time wasted in travel is NOT content and it's NOT engaging.

Every time I take a flight path I tab out because it is BORING AS HELL to just sit and watch your character fly on rails with NO control what so ever.
03/15/2017 10:26 AMPosted by Fenalor
03/14/2017 03:57 PMPosted by Billbull

So..I have a solution.

Would that really make the world more engaging? When no matter how much time and effort you put in you find the enemy is always much stronger then you do you really feel a sense of progress?

Wow in essence is a power fantasy game (well the gearing raiding aspect it is a broad game). If the player never feels stronger it kills much of the core astetics it aims for. Why aim for high ilvl when the mob is the same challenge?

Basically your solution would simply cause a much greater problem. Much the same as removing flying.

Engaging?
I thought is was about:

random nonthreatening mobs that daze you off you mount and present no threat or challenge to be content