Live Developer Q&A – Submissions Closed

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 14 Next
Why does there appear to be a design philosophy of front loading QoL changes onto legendaries and artifact traits instead of adding them directly to classes? It seems like it would be less work in the long run to make them baseline. Dire Beast shoulders are the most glaring example of this.
Will there be any more Transmog Weapon or Armour packs in 7.2 and onwards? Maybe something similar as the Valarjar armour sets?
Hello Blizzard, Would you be so kind as to add in gear dyes like you have in Diablo 3? I know you guys have said in the past it could have drastic affects if you guys allowed old gear to be changed because of script/coding issues, but isnt that what the PTR is for? It can also be really good for the Auction economy, and will bring transmogs to whole NEW levels in this game. Furthermore, i would like to see a WAY WAY WAY MORE in depth character customization in the future, like you see other RPGs such as Fallout, Dragon Age, Skyrim and more. Thus allowing you guys to generate a lot more revenue from appearance changing and other services equivalent to that. Plus it can be good selling point to get people into or back into WoW. Didn't understand what itemization meant, so i'm just gonna drop this here and hopefully it fits in the category. P.S if youre able to add gear dyes without hindering anything else then make it a Inscription thing, this would make the most sense, and old inscriptionists will be pleased for the new way to get income since you guys got rid of most glyphs. P.P.S. it would be cool if you could make the old legendaries from past expansions able to be transmogged
why is that you require 80 soul fragment to get the 3rd relic for the demon hunter and only have to get 20 things for every other class? And on top of that you have to run over 80 things to get them .
Will you have anything that can advance people who like to quest or will everything always end in the dungeons?
Hello,
I currently have at least 6 quests in my log that can not be completed in LFR.
Since several of the quests are Artifact will you be making it so we can do them in LFR?
The ToV full transmog sets that can drop bosses are kinda amazing awards. Will we see more full transmog sets that can drop in future content?
How well do you think the new talent changing system is working in the game?
what were/are challenges to creating several different tuning systems over several expansions. Which models were successful and you may revisit? and which ones were disasters that we will probably never see again? and any thoughts on newer systems we may encounter in the future and how past experience molds that process?
03/15/2017 01:48 PMPosted by Calazuriz
Hello Blizzard, Would you be so kind as to add in gear dyes like you have in Diablo 3? I know you guys have said in the past it could have drastic affects if you guys allowed old gear to be changed, but isnt that what the PTR is for? It can also be really good for the Auction economy, and will bring transmogs to whole NEW levels in this game. Furthermore, i would like to see a WAY WAY WAY MORE in depth character customization in the future, like you see other RPGs such as Fallout, Dragon Age, Skyrim and more. Thus allowing you guys to generate a lot more revenue from appearance changing and other services equivalent to that. Plus it can be good selling point to get people into or back into WoW. Didn't understand what itemization meant, so i'm just gonna drop this here and hopefully it fits in the category. P.S if youre able to add gear dyes without completely crashing the game then make it a Inscription thing, or like you guys did in diablo just put it as a vendor thing. P.P.S. it would be cool if you could make the old legendaries from past expansions able to be transmogged

who the hell cares about dyes
Hello Blizzard, Would you be so kind as to add in gear dyes like you have in Diablo 3? I know you guys have said in the past it could have drastic affects if you guys allowed old gear to be changed, but isnt that what the PTR is for? It can also be really good for the Auction economy, and will bring transmogs to whole NEW levels in this game. Furthermore, i would like to see a WAY WAY WAY MORE in depth character customization in the future, like you see in other RPGs such as Fallout, Dragon Age, Skyrim and more. Thus allowing you guys to generate a lot more revenue from appearance changing and other services equivalent to that. Plus it can be good selling point to get people into or back into WoW. Didn't understand what itemization meant, so i'm just gonna drop this here and hopefully it fits in the category. P.S if youre able to add gear dyes without completely crashing the game then make it a Inscription thing, or like you guys did in diablo just put it as a vendor thing. P.P.S. it would be cool if you could make the old legendaries from past expansions able to be transmogged

who the hell cares about dyes

More people than you might think sir. Also in the future could you not be so rude to other peoples serious questions? This is the point of Q&A's right? to ask questions, or am i missing something else involved in the name? also dont comment on anyone elses thread question unless youre looking for a serious conversation about the topic. Just dislike and move on. Not that hard
Are there any changes planned that allows us to customize our character stats with what we want instead of what we get?
Character stats are currently limited by the items that drop from the current raid and we usually have to go with the item with highest ilvl we get, no matter how much we dislike their stats.

For example, if I want a haste / crit ring, there is no such ring in Nighthold, and I simply cannot have the ring I want unless I'm lucky enough to get a Titanforged from old content.
are you planning on bring back player freedom to choose how they build their character? over time we've seen a loss of many more complex choice systems such as talents from BC-Wrath to what we have now and as mentioned before specs used to have different builds like haste v mastery v crit, etc where as now your trying to move to a model where you just grab highest item level and play.

^ the question-----below is my reasoning for the question

despite players maybe not opting for the best builds all the time it was fun to experiment and maybe even find builds that worked better for you that you could potentially play on equal footing with the so called "best build". the increase in taking away choice has made it feel less and less like an MMORPG. (pvp templates are another example of this as well)
03/10/2017 11:39 AMPosted by Typecero
Why is there so much haste on rogue gear when haste is our worst stat by far?

I play a rogue as one of my alts and this question is spot on.
03/10/2017 11:20 AMPosted by Ornyx
Join us live on [url="http://www.twitch.tv/warcraft"]Twitch.tv/Warcraft[/url] Thursday, March 16, at 11:00 a.m. PDT, as we sit down with Lead Game Designer Matt Goss for our next live developer Q&A where he’ll be answering your World of Warcraft: Legion itemization questions.

You can submit your questions here in this thread or on Twitter by using the hashtag #LegionQA.

As a reminder, please keep your questions short (40 words or less) so that we can get to as many questions as possible. We look forward to you joining us live on Thursday!
Will you consider put a cap on titanforged (up to 20 ilvl for example) ?
Why do i get the feeling that eventually stats will ONLY be intellect, agility, and strength? Every time developers work to expand, the process always rubberbands and there is less than what we started with.
i have seen a few posts talking about the removal of secondary stats, and imo this would be such a terrible change and im sure blizz wont even consider it if they did that i would never chase anything but item level which is quite silly imo with the current forging system.

serious question though are they ever going to seriously take a look at trinkets atm healer trinkets are painfully sparse stat sticks which arent the easiest to aquire or one of like 3 trinkets i actually would want to use in raid all the others are so outpreformed its quite silly