DPS taking us for granted?

General Discussion
Hi,

So whenever a party wipes it seems the tank gets the most heat and sometimes maybe healer.

I mean without tank or healer, the dps gotta wait forever to form a party and most of the time they keep getting declined, especially LFR or Mythic +

But, When someone is nice enough to go tank and help them out, they are not very grateful. I know I am not even close to being a perfect tank.

For this one Mythic+ I even asked them to let me know any mechanics etc, but then everyone was quiet, but when the group kept on wiping at the stairs (felguard/bats), they keep blaming me.

what???
Groups I've been in blame the lowest dps.

Tonight in LFR we wiped because dps ignored the adds.
Regroup and you see "boot xxx..lowest dps".

I said..No, we ignored the adds and that's why we wiped.
Most agreed and we did not boot. Second try dps focused on the adds and we took down the boss no problem.

Finger pointing serves no purpose when you ignored the mechanics/adds.
03/14/2017 09:06 PMPosted by Brockthorn

Tonight in LFR we wiped because dps ignored the adds.
Regroup and you see "boot xxx..lowest dps".

I said..No, we ignored the adds and that's why we wiped.
Most agreed and we did not boot. Second try dps focused on the adds and we took down the boss no problem.

Finger pointing serves no purpose when you ignored the mechanics/adds.

I agree with this so much. All you have to do, is explain what needs to be done, and that is it. It's not that hard.
I seen tanks get the finger when I did gul'dan on this toon. Then also on my main. Because the dps didn't kill the eyes or that cloak dude spacing what is called before gul'dans orb he is in explodes. Seen dps get in front of Gul'dan and they die. They don't kill eye's and people die. Blaming the tanks for sucking. Its like tanks can only do so much if you cant follow simple mechanics or even pulling for the tanks.

I seen this problem while running MoP timeless dungeons and it was shadow pan. That little section were you had exploding little sha's so you don't try to pull everything or it is instant death. I seen a rogue in one group MD threat to the tank and do fan of knives to everything. Healer couldn't keep up, but after we all die the rogue that gave the tank the workload. blamed the tank and wanted him to be removed. It was like how was that his fault he didn't pull that mess you did.

Only reason I can't bring my self to tank I used to love tanking last xpac and MoP. But just how people are I just have no desire to give tanking a go.
03/14/2017 09:06 PMPosted by Brockthorn

Meters serve two primary purposes:

1. To make people look like idiots for thinking DPS/HPS is the only thing that matters.
2. To show who was tunneling the boss and ignoring adds.
03/14/2017 09:14 PMPosted by Bearfu
Meters serve two primary purposes:

1. To make people look like idiots for thinking DPS/HPS is the only thing that matters.
2. To show who was tunneling the boss and ignoring adds.

3. To see who takes damage from avoidable abilities.
4. To count interrupts for priority spells.
5. To spot if someone is doing less damage/healing than their gear suggests.
6. A preliminary glance to see why someone's damage/healing is a little low (based on ability usage/count).

There's probably more, but I'm too lazy. Meters are far more useful than some people suggest. Not as good as logs, but good in the moment.
03/14/2017 09:02 PMPosted by Dreadlørd
For this one Mythic+ I even asked them to let me know any mechanics etc, but then everyone was quiet, but when the group kept on wiping at the stairs (felguard/bats), they keep blaming me.

Of course it was you. How could any blame possibly fall on them? they were just along for the ride, and you didn't carry the entire thing by yourself. What were you thinking?

Everyone likes to blame someone else, but the truth is almost always that everyone had some part in the problem...the only way to make things work is to figure out what EVERYONE could improve on, and each person work on their own part. But that's not the comfortable way to do it.
03/14/2017 09:13 PMPosted by Foxycub
I seen tanks get the finger when I did gul'dan on this toon. Then also on my main. Because the dps didn't kill the eyes or that cloak dude spacing what is called before gul'dans orb he is in explodes. Seen dps get in front of Gul'dan and they die. They don't kill eye's and people die. Blaming the tanks for sucking. Its like tanks can only do so much if you cant follow simple mechanics or even pulling for the tanks.

I seen this problem while running MoP timeless dungeons and it was shadow pan. That little section were you had exploding little sha's so you don't try to pull everything or it is instant death. I seen a rogue in one group MD threat to the tank and do fan of knives to everything. Healer couldn't keep up, but after we all die the rogue that gave the tank the workload. blamed the tank and wanted him to be removed. It was like how was that his fault he didn't pull that mess you did.

Only reason I can't bring my self to tank I used to love tanking last xpac and MoP. But just how people are I just have no desire to give tanking a go.

Yes, that kind of flame and blame game only discourages people to NOT be a tank in the future.
03/14/2017 09:19 PMPosted by Dreadlørd
Yes, that kind of flame and blame game only discourages people to NOT be a tank in the future.

Not really. People can feel rewarded by doing what makes them feel good. DPSing allows me to make constant and notable progress, and is my preferred playstyle over timing defensives and snap healing.
Don't worry about DPS, they are dime a dozen and most of them are crap.

Just keep your head down and keep tanking and you'll be good.
I even asked them to let me know any mechanics etc, but then everyone was quiet, but when the group kept on wiping at the stairs (felguard/bats), they keep blaming me.

So you didn't know the mechanics, but it was other people's fault for not telling you? Am I reading that correctly?
03/14/2017 09:20 PMPosted by Espure
03/14/2017 09:19 PMPosted by Dreadlørd

Not really. People can feel rewarded by doing what makes them feel good. DPSing allows me to make constant and notable progress, and is my preferred playstyle over timing defensives and snap healing.

Tanking us to make me feel good because I enjoyed it was fun, but ran into those crowds that wouldn't let me tank. Or not to kind to a tank taking on a raid boss for the first time. So instead of useful feedback to make me a better raid tanker Like I got from MoP in the past. I would get...well should say seen I haven't bothered tanking yet this xpac. Some tanks are upfront saying they haven't tanked this raid boss and either I will see a vote to kick player pop up. Or instead of helping that new raid tank out they will bash him/her calling them a crappy tank.

I am one of those players that like to play each role depending on my mood but with how the community is lately. I am going back an forth between dps or healing. Just not motivated to do anything with tanking.
03/14/2017 09:20 PMPosted by Espure

That is your reason for your choice, which is fine, but I think the point he was trying to make is that some people will have a different reason for that choice, namely, avoiding being dumped on.
Tanks have always been blamed for wipes. It's much easier to blame the tank than the whole group taking responsibility for failure.
I generally find DPS to be the impatient ones that like to blame others. Maybe because there is more DPS than there is tanks or healers in any group but I rarely see tanks or healers start blaming people after a wipe. Mostly it's DPS pointing fingers at either each other, or at the tanks or healers.

I'd like to think us tanks and healers are more patient and tranquil lol
03/14/2017 09:25 PMPosted by Hamstar
I even asked them to let me know any mechanics etc, but then everyone was quiet, but when the group kept on wiping at the stairs (felguard/bats), they keep blaming me.

So you didn't know the mechanics, but it was other people's fault for not telling you? Am I reading that correctly?

You are reading it incorrectly. I DID know the mechanics. I asked them to let me know if there is anything ELSE that I should know of.

Also, if anyone is unaware of any mechanics, its not hard for the group to let them know. Hey don't to abc, but do xyz instead. Simple as that.
Not really no, the DPS usually turn on each other and the lowest DPS guy gets blamed. Even if it's almost always a failure at mechanics, not raw numbers.
Bad players always blame everyone else for everything. "This group sucks" type comments come up in dungeons and raids from someone who pulled too much or stood in fire, from raid "leaders" who don't understand the fight and figure it should just go well because reasons, and in battlegrounds from the idiots fighting in the road.

The tank, the healer, the lowest dps who may be the only one switching to adds, whoever. From their point of view, some groups really do go great and some don't because of how others play. It never occurs to them that the "good" groups are carrying them.
I resubbed for the first time in months today and had no issues tanking all of the normal instances I wanted.

@Espure Hi there.
So whenever a party wipes it seems the tank gets the most heat and sometimes maybe healer.

Most tanks and healers when they out-gear the content they won't bother doing it again for such reasons
Hence the satchel buff, even then for most its not convincing at all