7.2 AP changes question

General Discussion
i wanna make sure i'm understanding the changes to AP in 7.2

going into the patch, all of the traits beyond 35 are getting removed such that people at 52 traits and people at 35 traits are at an even playing field, so to speak?

or will people at 52 traits have some sort of an edge? if so, how?

thanks in advance for any answers ;)
I'm not sure exactly how that will work, either...
I thought that they were getting refunded, and more traits added to spend that refund on. So the player with 52 invested would still be that much AP ahead.
Wait what? Did I miss something? I am almost maxed out on my artifact...am I wasting my time?
03/14/2017 06:29 PMPosted by Rambaldi
I thought that they were getting refunded, and more traits added to spend that refund on. So the player with 52 invested would still be that much AP ahead.

Basically this. Also when you complete the questline that turns the 35+ traits back in to ap you're artifact will get a buff to make up for the lost damage.
Ap will be refunded past 35 traits but ap research will go up to a new level so it will be easy to make up for lost time.
Basically, any AP past 35 traits will be refunded, and your artifact will receive a baseline damage/armour/healing boost equivalent to having a 54/54 artifact.
AP invested past 35 will be refunded with the equal amount.

The current last golden artifact will lose it's rank and only give 5% baseline Damage/Armor/Healing [Rank 35] and then unlock new traits. (after you complete the short questlines)

You will get 5 new Traits, the very first new trait give you baseline of 10% Damage/Armor/Healing and 10% Stamina [Rank 36]
which then continue with another 4 new trait
New Golden trait [Rank 42]

And the new "Infinite" Trait on the end of it [rank 43-97], which is not like the current one, it's now a proc that will increase your Verst (tank) or primary stats (dps/heal) [~1.37 proc per minute]
The rank 1 of it is 2000 verst/agi/str/int, increasing by 200 each rank

On top of the 5 new traits, the OLD traits that have 3 rank, will be increased to 4 rank, so it'll go from 3/3 to 3/4, and you need to rank it up on more time (but you can ignore it, if you choose so to get the new golden trait)

If there are no change on the costs of AP of the traits, you need rank 43 to reach and give 1 rank on then new "infinite" Trait.
rank 48 if you want to include the 4/4 rank on old trait.
rank 54 (the current max) will give you 7 rank on the new "Infinite" Trait
03/14/2017 08:19 PMPosted by Syikalina
AP invested past 35 will be refunded with the equal amount.

The current last golden artifact will lose it's rank and only give 5% baseline Damage/Armor/Healing [Rank 35] and then unlock new traits. (after you complete the short questlines)

You will get 5 new Traits, the very first new trait give you baseline of 10% Damage/Armor/Healing and 10% Stamina [Rank 36]

And the new "Infinite" Trait on the end of it [rank 43-97], which is not like the current one, it's now a proc that will increase your Verst (tank) or primary stats (dps/heal) [~1.37 proc per minute]
The rank 1 of it is 2000 verst/agi/str/int, increasing by 200 each rank

On top of the 5 new traits, the OLD traits that have 3 rank, will be increased to 4 rank, so it'll go from 3/3 to 3/4, and you need to rank it up on more time (but you can ignore it, if you choose so to get the new golden trait)

If there are no change on the costs of AP of the traits, you need rank 43 to reach and give 1 rank on then new "infinite" Trait.
rank 48 if you want to include the 4/4 rank on old trait.
rank 54 (the current max) will give you 7 rank on the new "Infinite" Trait

wow, thanks for all the info.

one thing i'm confused about:

03/14/2017 08:19 PMPosted by Syikalina

so let's say you unlocked 35 and that's as far as you've gotten.

After you do that quest, do you have the 10% bonus, or only the 5% and you have to work towards the 10%? also, what do you mean another 4 new golden trait? does that build up past 10%, so like by the end you'll have 15%? i'm confused with how you worded that.
This might seem dumb or been answered. Should I be stacking my AP in the bank and saving it for 7.2 since maxing my artifact?
This whole AP system is such an insult to the players. Why not have cosmetic grind and a slight gear grind instead of this garbage?

I'm so confused at how these changes will effect us besides the devs deciding they didn't give us enough grind so they are doubling it.
03/14/2017 09:10 PMPosted by Indefinite
This might seem dumb or been answered. Should I be stacking my AP in the bank and saving it for 7.2 since maxing my artifact?

No. Any unused AP tokens you have after unlocking the new traits will be unusable. Dump your tokens into off spec weapons or vendor them.

No. Any AP items earned with an AK of 25 or lower won't work with the empowered artifacts. It's pointless banking them.
03/14/2017 08:49 PMPosted by Lovelier
so let's say you unlocked 35 and that's as far as you've gotten.

After you do that quest, do you have the 10% bonus, or only the 5% and you have to work towards the 10%? also, what do you mean another 4 new golden trait? does that build up past 10%, so like by the end you'll have 15%? i'm confused with how you worded that.

If you only have rank 35 right now, then yes, you need to work toward the 10% bonus, because it's different trait, while the 5% is the current final gold trait.

it's not new 4 golden trait, it's 5 new trait in total.
the 10% baseline (1 rank)
-> new normal trait (4 rank)
-> new normal trait (1 rank)
-> new golden trait (1 rank)
and finally the "infinite" Trait

the old normal trait that have 3 rank, will be increased to 4 rank after you done the questlines.
(So the one that are 3/3 will became 3/4 and need to be increased using AP)
03/14/2017 09:19 PMPosted by Bearfu

No. Any unused AP tokens you have after unlocking the new traits will be unusable. Dump your tokens into off spec weapons or vendor them.

Thanks for the heads up, will do
03/14/2017 09:20 PMPosted by Sanarel

No. Any AP items earned with an AK of 25 or lower won't work with the empowered artifacts. It's pointless banking them.

Thanks you