everytime blizzard prunes

General Discussion
03/22/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Felrynn
03/22/2017 01:13 PMPosted by Skettles
Lower skill barrier equates to a larger target audience. I don't really like it but I'm sure that is the reason for the pruning.

that's the reason and it doesnt work.

all it does it cause regular pvpers to unsub and new players to get bored because all they have to do is a pvp rotation with no thought.

You are just lying now lol.

Rotation with no thought???

Bro I am possibly the most intelligent human being alive lol!!!

Do you REALLY think I would play Frost Mage, if I didn't have to think???

That's why I only played Hunter for like 30min when I tried it, because it doesn't require much brain power for that one lol. Hell, you can even have your pets attack someone and go afk, and still be doing something for the team lol. Even with the Hunter class you have to think, just not as much. Hunter is the very easiest class to play though, so this is to be expected, and that is not a reflection of WoW as a whole.

OP, you really don't seem very intelligent based on your posts so far, so again I would HIGHLY recommend you stop this. I am a cool guy, and I like to warn people before I intellectually overpower them to extreme levels lol.....
Lowering the skill gap and skill cap is a good thing.
03/22/2017 12:17 PMPosted by Felrynn
it makes me think blizzard believes the wow community is stupid, incapable of reading tooltips, and figuring out what's a damaging ability and what's a utility ability

but hey, that's just me. i miss having skill gap buttons :/

I mean, they wouldn't be entirely wrong.

Remember aspect of the pack.
03/22/2017 01:08 PMPosted by Felrynn
DO U THINK I LIKE MY ROTATION

SUB IS RUINED. IT'S DISGUSTING. IDK HOW THEY DID SUCH A 180 ON A SPEC AND THOUGH "jeeeeee this is fine!"

sub is BAD. i can't think of a sub rogue who played even wod that will actually think this legion iteration is solid. it's trash. terribly designed and flawed in every aspect.

edit:
i dont even have to press symbols in pvp. all i have to do is press shadow dance on cd, keep nightblade up on 1-2 targets depending on comp, stun targets, and spam shadowstrike. there's no THOUGHT.

from the words of a rogue i randomly added on bnet:
shadow dance should be a choice, not a lifestyle.

You obviously have a right to your opinion, but you are seemingly trying to use the fact that you don't like your rotation on ONE SPEC to be evidence that the prunes were a failure.

No, the prunes were an immense success actually, but of course there is a going to be a bit of a mess to clean up after the fact, which is obviously always the case.

If you have an issue with your SPEC, then how about go post in the Rogue room???

Why are you here in GD trying to act like the prunes were a failure overall, when they actually did some VERY important things for the game???

Why in the hell should a Frost Mage be jumping around spamming Arcane Explosion??? I don't think they should imo lol, since they are a FROST MAGE!!!

Also, why should I have to constantly die to players FAR below me skill wise again and again, just because some people don't think the game should be pruned???

THERE WAS WAY TOO MUCH CC IN THE GAME!!!

IT NEEDED TO BE PRUNED!!!

IT EVEN NEEDS ANOTHER ONE LOL!!!
03/22/2017 12:44 PMPosted by Felrynn
they all think blizzard is incompetent at their jobs and successfully ruined pvp by designing for players who are too unmotivated to get better and expect everything to come easy

Which is ridiculous. Me being able to be marginally effective in a battleground without a month of grinding isn't the same thing as me hitting gladiator with no effort.
03/22/2017 01:29 PMPosted by Brisone
I mean, they wouldn't be entirely wrong.

Remember aspect of the pack.

aspect of the pack is an exception trust me. im talking about things like disarms, scare beast, disarm trap, aspect of the cheetah (non raid version)
03/22/2017 01:27 PMPosted by Fillyestra
Lowering the skill gap and skill cap is a good thing.

it's not, but keep believing what you want
03/22/2017 01:35 PMPosted by Mvura
Which is ridiculous. Me being able to be marginally effective in a battleground without a month of grinding isn't the same thing as me hitting gladiator with no effort.

im speaking about abilities, not gear, but thanks for bringing it up

why are vital abilities gated behind a call of duty grind? what's the point of it when players will be so unviable without it?
Blizzard likes curing paper-cuts by amputating the arm when it comes to abilities.
03/22/2017 02:07 PMPosted by Felrynn
why are vital abilities gated behind a call of duty grind? what's the point of it when players will be so unviable without it?

Yeah that's awkward. At least you don't have to unlock them multiple times.
it's not, but keep believing what you want

It is, but keep believing what you want.
it makes me think blizzard believes the wow community is stupid, incapable of reading tooltips, and figuring out what's a damaging ability and what's a utility ability

Well, they're not wrong.
Did you guys ever consider the possibility that Blizzard is trolling the idiot haters lol???

Look at all the complaining, and see which classes it is from most. I don't see Mages complain that much, even though we get !@#$ on by like every other class 1v1 AND we are almost surely the very worst class of all for RBGs.

Who is complaining the most though lol???

Druids specifically much???

Ya, complaining while being the very best class in the game, as absurd as that truly is. It isn't the first time lots of Druids have complained while they were the best class, and it's actually quite common.

Now, you are probably asking yourself what the hell am I talking about, and where does the trolling fit in.

Well, my theory is that Blizzard MAY be all set to teach the entitled haters a lesson here soon.

How???

By allowing certain classes like Druid and DH to be really OP for now, only to actually balance the game later, thus hanging the delusional bads out to dry. They would have to rely almost totally on their skill at that point, and not on extreme unfairness any longer.

Since AP is such a grind, to reroll late in the xpack would take so much time, and most likely wouldn't do it, or grind another 8 levels of prestige, etc. either.

Why would they do this???

The reason they would do this (if they are even) is because many of you have been EXTREMELY hateful to them over the years. Ghostcrawler recently said that there have been death threats against the Blizzard devs even.

That's sure a lot of hate there you haters, and you will very much have it coming if Blizz is trolling with class balance.

If you watch the WoW movie, Mage is the most badass class BY FAR, but then in game we quite literally get %^-* on by ALL other classes. Well, that just doesn't add up, now does it???

I actually hope it is what they are doing, since probably even the majority of you need to be taught a lesson about what skill truly is. It would also mean that Holinka isn't as bad as many of us think, and that it's all just part of a bigger plan.

Only time will tell, and I am curious to see what Blizz is going to do now.....
03/22/2017 01:19 PMPosted by Speedymáge
The prunes did two primary things OK.

They reduced the overall amount of CC, and more specifically stuns.

The other thing they did was enhance spec flavor, so that a Frost Mage for example really looks like a Frost Mage.

I cast Blizzard all the time, because I kinda have to in order to be badss. I can't spam Arcane Explosion like I used to, so now when you see Blizzard, you KNOW that is a frost Mage. To me that is pretty damn cool OK.

These things just needed to happen from the Blizzard devs point of view, and I TOTALLY agree with their decision. I even say that it was a success after the fact, and on top of that I feel we need YET ANOTHER prune.

Yes, we need yet another prune, to tone down this "has it all" thing, that certain classes have going on.

We need a hybrid tax prune, that puts the classes on a far more even playing field balance wise.....

We need another prune? MOBAs are that way ------->
Go play Diablo 3 if you don't have the ability to master a class in WoW. I used to run 72 keybinds on my hunter...skill gap is gone bro. Don't ruin it any more for those of us that like skill requirements.
I actually think the pruning just makes the devs look dumb, as if they can't balance the game with abilities in it. Not that having abilities removed from the game helps them have any better balance... Whatever, I don't know what I'm talking about.

On one hand, they're not wrong. On the hand, designing the game around people without a clue (or any desire to get one) leaves the rest of the players bored.

03/24/2017 12:41 PMPosted by Kronulos
I actually think the pruning just makes the devs look dumb, as if they can't balance the game with abilities in it. Not that having abilities removed from the game helps them have any better balance... Whatever, I don't know what I'm talking about.

That would be a fair point if spec balance wasn't such a god awful mess this expansion.
03/24/2017 12:20 PMPosted by Jolts
We need another prune? MOBAs are that way ------->
Go play Diablo 3 if you don't have the ability to master a class in WoW. I used to run 72 keybinds on my hunter...skill gap is gone bro. Don't ruin it any more for those of us that like skill requirements.

I don't have the ability to master a class lol???

But I no less than THREE times told the ENTIRE Mage community how to properly gear a Mage for PvP, as they kept messing it up. That means I quite literally knew the Mage class for PvP better than everyone else in the community PUT TOGETHER at those times OK.

I then 1v2d the top Mage on the 3s ladder TWICE back to back, while perfectly Sheeping their pocket healer three times!!! Do we even know of any other Mage that has 1v2 a r1 Mage and their healer, let alone the very top Mage on the ladder??? I did it twice even, to make SURE that it is straight absurd to ever question my skill level again OK....

I also killed the top RBG Mage no less than like 7 times 1v1 during WoD.

These are just a few highlights of the MANY extremely badass things I have done in this community over the years, and I have beat down so many r1 and Hero that I can't even begin to keep track of them all.

You are probably right though hater, and I just don't know how to play my class.

Clueless much there lol???

Pathetic !@# hater.....
WoW needs a CC pruning.
Pruning got ridiculous when they started removing flavor spells from classes, you're telling me shamans just forgot how to summon elementals?
03/24/2017 01:44 PMPosted by Jeffseid
Pruning got ridiculous when they started removing flavor spells from classes, you're telling me shamans just forgot how to summon elementals?

Willful suspension of disbelief is key here.

Shamans got massively overhauled; hard to call that pruned though - my bars are still rather thick with abilities, albeit different abilities.
I still think Activision-Blizzard (they really try to hide that first part, heh) plan to try and eventually get WoW onto consoles.

Thier competitors have been doing it, and they want in on that gravy-train.

The problem has always been WoW has too many spells/keybinds/macros. That's no longer anywhere near as much of a problem now since most specs have 2-3 button rotations and a few cooldown spells.
Yeah I'm really mad Blizzard removed my increased weapon damage talents from the Balance tree. What a stupid change.